2nds Port Adelaide vs Crows Reserves - Round 14 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrew Moore's stats look impressive. Obviously couldn't watch the match, look forward to a bit of a summary of his game. How far off a senior recall?

Andrew Moore's stats look impressive. Obviously couldn't watch the match, look forward to a bit of a summary of his game. How far off a senior recall?
He should be playing next week.

Should come in next week. Was BOG.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said earlier, people can whinge about Mitchell getting games at AFL level all they like but he consistently puts his name forward week after week by being either best or 2nd best on week after week. Noone works harder than him on the field. 35 touches, 8 clearances, goal of the day, 9 marks. He does it all at state level. Whilst he has obvious faults at AFL level, you cant fault him for working as hard as bloody possible to make it. Good onya Mitch!

Neade had a fantastic second half and is another that has put his name forward a lot over the last couple of months.

Shaw worked really hard after being well held in the first half. Had a big second half. Moves well, leads well, marks well, kicks well. Just needs to get the defensive part of his game right and he will be absolutely cherry ripe for AFL action and I reckon once he gets a sniff, he won't see the SANFL again.

Moore brilliant. I said at the start of the year that he was the player I was most looking forward to seeing this year. It hasnt worked out for him with constant injuries but it would be great if he could stay injury free for the rest of the year and cement a spot in the AFL side for the finals.

For those enquiring why Butcher cant get a game at AFL level, thats why. Thats all im gonna say. I feel sorry for him. He seems mentally wrecked.

Karl Amon looks like such a clever pick. Has a bit of the Jarrad Irons about him in the way he moves and kicks which I like. Hope he can kick on more than Jarrad did.

In place of who, in your opinion? What can he offer ahead of his replacement, if you don't mind, good sir?

Cassisi's spot. Play him through the midfield.

The Crows would have put up a better fight had they had any tall forwards to speak of but they pretty much had noone. Crouch looks great around the stoppages but hes got no defensive side to his game at all. You can see why he hasnt played much AFL this year despite having the body and the form. Battersby looks a classic Crow pick. Will be a very good SANFL player but doesnt have the tools to make it at AFL level,but will clog up their list for 6 years whilst he struggles to 15-20 AFL games with the constant hope of "but he plays so well at SANFL level". CEY is a beast at the stoppages but has the foot skills of someone that has no actual feet. Again, you can see why he cant get a game at AFL level despite getting 30 touches every week.

Riley Knight probably the most potential of their SANFL group imo.

Mitchell, Summerton, Moore, Neade, Krakouer would have been the top 5 for me. Sammy Gray didn't do it for me as he burned the ball too often. He gets off balance with the pace he goes. Krakouer oozes class and I would be very surprised if there is not a rookie contract offered to him next year if he doesn't nominate for the draft. Flynn was excitement and speed but again just doesn't get the ball enough.
Butcher only had one kick on goal and somehow managed to kick his own leg, he also kicked out of bounds on the full with a ball he should have been able to get to CHF. But there were some pretty awful kicks from other people. We should have scored the first goal of the second quarter, a player was running in 35 metres out with space behind him to the first cows defender. He could have run an extra 20 metres with a bounce but chose to kick from 30 and missed. Neade missed an easy set shot and an only slightly more difficult kick through a pack from straight in front.
The umpire didn't do us any favours. Moore had a cow sitting on his head 10 metres out and only got a ballup, then to add insult to injury one of their defenders took a much lighter tap on the head and was paid. And in the last quarter Butcher knocked a ball that was going out into Krakouer's hands and he kicked a goal, only for the umpire to say the cow defender had been infringed on.
But we won so the losers can please themselves. I was waiting for the cows supporters to do their trick of leaving early but there were so few that I couldn't even make out any. When I lined up to get in I was sure the line would be packed with their freeloaders but I only saw a couple. Not a very polite pair either, an old bloke who had paid for his ticket was trying to enter and the two snobby females waltzed past him.

Great crowd. Almost couldn't find a park.

Moore needs to come in next week. even if it's at the expense of someone like Monfries.
Neade was in the game a lot which was great to see.
Krakouer is class he needs to be rookie listed surely!
Sam Gray I thought did ok since he hurt his ankle early and managed to play on. He made a few mistakes though.
Summerton back to his best after a quiet one the round before.
Bruggemann is doing a great job with no Redden or Renouf, perhaps Haren coming in helped him a bit?
Johansen and Flynn are pure pace. love em.

So much for the crows reserves "best team". I reckon a full strength Academy team might have given them a scare.

Also I can't believe I'm saying this but Butcher needs to go. I can't see him clicking with us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back