2nds Port Adelaide vs Crows Reserves - Round 14 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Sensationa stuff, and let's hope the Maggie's do the jumper proud, because a number of Power efforts in heritage jumpers have been disappointing.
Not just Power, the last time the Magpies wore a heritage jumper we got rolled by Norwood. That was in the 1930s jumper, black with 2 thick white stripes down each flank.
Quinn_chaired_620.jpg

Can't find a pic of the replica...early 2000s I reckon.

A half back line that you would believe could only come from the fevered imagination of Stephen King. And they all played for Port!

Carter, Leys, Northeast

So whats the crowd prediction for this game? With our AFL side having the week off and the Crows AFL side playing away on Sunday I'm pretty optimistic that we will get around 8,000 on Saturday afternoon at Alberton.

So whats the crowd prediction for this game? With our AFL side having the week off and the Crows AFL side playing away on Sunday I'm pretty optimistic that we will get around 8,000 on Saturday afternoon at Alberton.

I reckon about 5k.
Anything between 5 and 10 thousand would be great to see.

Would really surprise me. I have no 'feel' for how this go but the Maggies have received almost no support from the PAFC's 55k membership, we've struggled to get 2,000 to most games at Alberton this year. There were 5,000 at Clare so I'll go with that.

I wonder what if any restrictions we have on who could play this week? I'd throw Polec, Ebert, White, Broadbent, Monfries and Wingard in and say "Come on guys, let's see if you can compete at this level because you aren't cutting it with the Power". Hence my serial failed applications for a coaching job I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder what if any restrictions we have on who could play this week? I'd throw Polec, Ebert, White, Broadbent, Monfries and Wingard in and say "Come on guys, let's see if you can compete at this level because you aren't cutting it with the Power". Hence my serial failed applications for a coaching job I suppose.

The 22 that played vs Melbourne can't play vs the crows reserves. They need to be "omitted" from the Power team.

Thanks. Where (for future reference) is that info?
Someone told me on one of the earlier Maggies threads and so far I haven't seen the rule been broken.

I'm unable to find the rule in writing, perhaps RussellEbertHandball would know where it is?

Someone told me on one of the earlier Maggies threads and so far I haven't seen the rule been broken.

I'm unable to find the rule in writing, perhaps RussellEbertHandball would know where it is?

I don't know of that rule but it sounds consistent and logical enough. Probably more driven by the AFLPA rules than SANFL rules, about players being given their break. I suspect a player would complain to the AFLPA if they were forced to stay in SA and train for the Magpies rather than be given their 4 or 5 days off.

monfries wont play, the extra week off would be more helpful than a game in the sanfl. i feel his recent form slump was more due to his ankle/hammy injuries as much as anything else.

Would really surprise me. I have no 'feel' for how this go but the Maggies have received almost no support from the PAFC's 55k membership, we've struggled to get 2,000 to most games at Alberton this year. There were 5,000 at Clare so I'll go with that.

Would really be very happy if I heard Alberton was packed this weekend, and so it should, what with 55k members surely they can get 12k to Magpie HQ against our nemesis.
will listen intensely on the internet radio to the game.

Port Adelaide Round 14 SANFL squad v Crows Reserves
FB: Nathan Krakouer, Tom Clurey, Daniel Flynn
HB: Henry Slattery, Lewis Stevenson, Anthony Biemans
C: Andrew Moore, Steven Summerton, Karl Amon
HF: Darcy Byrne-Jones, John Butcher, Sam Russell
FF: Brendon Ah Chee, Mitch Harvey, Mason Shaw
Foll: Angus Bruggemann, Kane Mitchell, Sam Gray
INT: Robbie Young, Jake Johansen, Jake Neade
EMERG: Ben Haren, Sam Gordon

Into 23: Mitchell, S. Gray, Haren, Gordon
Out: Stewart, Newton

Remove this Banner Ad