The Official 2014 Non-Playoffs/Off Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The gift that keeps on giving. ******* draft picks. Mother *ers

CBSSports.com -- The Wall Street Journal reports that the New York Knicks recently attempted to trade for Kevin Love, offering young prospects and Amar'e Stoudemire's huge expiring contract.
The Knicks recently attempted to make a trade for Minnesota Timberwolves star Kevin Love, offering forward Amar'e Stoudemire and his enormous expiring contract, second-year guard Tim Hardaway, Jr. and swingman Iman Shumpert, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.via Source: Knicks Made Offer for Kevin Love, Timberwolves Balked - WSJ.
That's actually not that bad of a package. A huge expiring contract to allow Minnesota to dump Kevin Martin and/or J.J. Barea in a deal, two great young prospect players in THJ and Shump. Now just throw in a couple of draft picks and...
Oh, right.
And that's where the deal falls apart. Due to the Ted Stepien rule, teams can't trade picks in consecutive seasons. The Knicks traded their 2014 pick in the Carmelo Anthony trade and their 2016 pick in the Andrea Bargnani deal. (The gift that keeps on giving.)

Nah I didn't jump off when LeBron left. He was the reason I started supporting the Cavs (Like a s**t ton of others) but the Cavs grew on me over the years and I couldn't just jump off them and start supporting another team I didn't care for..

credit where credit's due. not that you need anyone to validate your decision

Remove this Banner Ad

Back