Autopsy Hawthorn v Geelong - "they weren't trying"

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't speak highly enough of Ceglar. We got him in the rookie draft as ruck depth for last year but his rapid improvement over the last 18 months has suprised many of us as to how good he is becoming. Looking more and more likely to be our number one ruckman for the finals.

I think if he was playing like this 12months ago we wouldn't have gone to the well and recruited Mcevoy.

I hope Schoenmakers retains his value trade value because I think the kid will be on the table at the end of the season. He is 23 and in his prime, unfortunately his prime isn't as good as we expect at Hawthorn. If we could bundle him up in a trade for a young midfielder I would be very happy to do so.
Enjoy the win. Not the time to be talking about a Shoey trade. Lets see how he goes next year.

It doesn't matter if we win or lose next week....we are very likely playing Geelong in week one of the finals.
Do we rest a few next week....

Out: Gunstan, Suckling, Burgoyne
In: Grimley, Litherland, Hartung

Does Lake have a matchup next week..?
Give him a spell so he is not injured or get suspended for first week of finals

Maybe give Bruest a week off also....just to freshen up

What a difference between Clarko and Whinger Scott at their interviews. Win or Lose Clarko always says a decent thing about them when we are beaten. NOT Whinger ,never once said a decent thing about us winning the game. Clarko always says something respectful about a team when they beat us. Can someone run over Scott / Scott's for me? Scott is a PIG..I'm no lady am I? I know I detest the rats as much as he detests us..
This is for you Whinger, you looked just like this:cry: :oops::eek:

Simpkin was great when he came on for Suckling. Gave us some run threw the midfield and finished with 16 disposals, 4 marks, 3 tackles. Despite playing less then half the game he was in our top half disposal getters. :eek:

Great to be at the game, victory sweet against them, great to see Sammy and Lake working into form, can't wait for Cyril , will be the icing on the cake

Looked dead and buried at half time, to storm back like we did was brilliant.

Langford and Lewis were my two best, liked Ceglar's game, thought Lakey was pretty solid down back against Hawkins, Didnt mind Sewelly back in and around the footy. Was also good to see Hale clunk a couple for us inside 50

The umpiring tonight was as bad as I have seen for a long time, that video review system NEEDS TO GO, it is just broken on so many levels.

Do Hawkins and Motlop have a running contest to see who can look like the biggest f**king flog after kicking a goal?

Bartel, hang your head after that dive, was just as bad as Thomas the other week, no doubt we wont hear another word about it though

Selwood's elbow into Roughead's throat.

BvuZYdhCQAAvo_V.jpg

Suckling and McEvoy just watched their finals hopes disappear I think.

Suckling had a horrible game. Surely Litherland back for him.

That was a crazy game. I still have no idea what happened. Hawthorn were truly aweful in the first half.

Lots of positives to come out of that. Langford, Lewis, Lake, Hale and Ceglar the obvious ones. Maybe the more important ones though were Stratton, Hill and Smith who all got going in the second half.

Not sure of the right term but when we play Geelong and try and play cute footy with 15 metre little dinky passes we are useless and the moment they turn it over we are cooked on the rebound ( seen this so many times)

Second half was great because we were forced into action but Clarko needs to show them that when Geelong are under manic pressure they too are fallible and we need to bring this mindset to week 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesn't matter if we win or lose next week....we are very likely playing Geelong in week one of the finals.
Do we rest a few next week....

Out: Gunstan, Suckling, Burgoyne
In: Grimley, Litherland, Hartung

Does Lake have a matchup next week..?
Give him a spell so he is not injured or get suspended for first week of finals

Maybe give Bruest a week off also....just to freshen up
Lake needs to get as much game time as possible, how many games has he played this year? You don't drop players so they won't get injured.

I don't think anyone disagrees that we played really poorly in the first half, it's the fact that people were writing us of that tendon was referring to. Never ceases to amaze me that some of our supporters write us off so quickly; we are a good team and a good club that has shown time and again we have the capacity to turn things around if they are not going well, doesn't make sense that to me that people are so pessimistic when we still have another whole half to play.

I think people were writing us off - me included because it seemed that we were still playing freo - picked up exactly where we left off. They weren't sticking tackles, weren't chasing, fumbling the ball - in a nutshell they looked flat and tired and I for one voiced my concern that maybe a season of injuries may have finally caught up with them.

I was wrong, I will wear that, but to be told I shouldn't be allowed to join in celebrations should we win the big dance - well I'm certainly not buying that

The Geelong board is in mektdown.

Comments like Langford has the most punchsble head in the AFL, to offer Langfors $750 a year.

Scott can't coach, and no player escaped being criticised. Makes good reading.

That second half answers the question asked in another thread, "Are we better than last year." Hell yeah, after a Clarko rev up.

Lankers and Ceglar must play finals, and I hope Gus gets a run next week to get an opportunity also.

Pretty sure that award goes to Hawkins. So punchable.

Spangher has definitely booked himself in for September footy for mine - and at the expense of Schoe. Whatever Spang lacks, he more than makes up for in determination, hard work and courage - the three things that are sorely lacking in Schoey.
The difference between Spang and Shoe atm is pace. Shoe could not out run Hale atm.
If he works on that this off season we may be able to play him forward when Brand and Heatherly come into the team.

Now there calling Bartel's
What a difference between Clarko and Whinger Scott at their interviews. Win or Lose Clarko always says a decent thing about them when we are beaten. NOT Whinger ,never once said a decent thing about us winning the game. Clarko always says something respectful about a team when they beat us. Can someone run over Scott / Scott's for me? Scott is a PIG..I'm no lady am I? I know I detest the rats as much as he detests us..
This is for you Whinger, you looked just like this:cry: :oops::eek:

Yep that is one of Clarko's greatest traits/strengths.

Always shows respect and calls it how he sees it. Tis also the "Hawthorn way".

Doesn't sook and whine. Totally realistic and keenly focussed on the job at hand. Love it.

AFL is not a sport suited to whining mummy's boys. Go try something else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back