Unofficial Preview Changes/prematch discussion vs Melbourne [team changes post #293]

Remove this Banner Ad

I like it a lot. Compared to Essendon who are pretty much putting their best squad out there. Could look back at it as a very smart move.

Jeebus, 5 changes!. Someone else take over selection duties?.

In all seriousness, glad to see Goldy get a week off to freshen up that is a great move.

McDonald listed as back, hopefully it is just rest. But didnt somebody post on this forum (about a month ago) that he is playing with risk of stress fractures in his back.

No injuries this week please.

It's really not.

People would have you believe we should be having at least 6 changes after a loss. To compare, of course.

Yep and if you go back through the previous changes threads I also had a crack at people for wanting that many changes each week, it disrupts the team changing the makeup so significantly every week.

Patrick Keane @AFL_PKeane · 7s
IN – Wells, Hansen, Currie, Macmillan, Wood
OUT – Firrito, Thomas, Greenwood, Goldstein, McDonald.
While there is an element of 'resting' players who've been doing it for us, there is also very much a case of bringing back missing 'best 22' players. So, it's not like we're putting in a lesser side against the Dees.

We should have made it 6 with Thompson.

Don't give a damn about the result but have this terrible feeling he'll pick up a slight MRP penalty that will rule him out of the Essendon final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It feels so good to be able to rest 5 players and still have an equally strong team playing. I will say I'm a bit worried about Currie though. He's not bad but he's no Goldstein.

Good stuff Brad, I like the changes. All of those blokes need a week off. The trouble is next week trying to fit them back in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back