Preview Preliminary final - Hawthorn v Port Adelaide, MCG, 20 September 2014 @ 4.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to drop by to say I'm impressed with your decision to not play Rioli despite how tempting it must have been.

In hindsight we should have made the same call with Steve Johnson two weeks ago. It takes a lot of guts to not select a star player who's put their hand up to play (as I presume Rioli has) and your team will be better for the decision if you make the GF and he is picked to play.

Keeping my fingers crossed with Suckling. The blow torch will really be on him now that he replaces Sewell. Just hope he produces the goods. This game could make or break him. Hope I am not putting too much pressure on him.

Agree, I would have preferred Litherland in the team aswell. Is super quick and would have the advantage in the air over the Power smalls and still provide great run.

Litherland's time will come. It is a similar scenario to Duryea last year. He is still on a learning curve.

If we were playing the Swans this week instead of the Power, then Sewell would've almost certainly stayed in the side. Given Port have more quick runners in their team then Sydney, the coaching staff felt that Sewell may have been exposed for pace against a side like Port Adelaide hence why he's been omitted from the side.

Last edited:
Buddy hysteria aside he was well in front of Suckling that day 24 disposals 3 goals 4, 6 tackles for a forward. Suckling 15 touches one tackle as a "defender"...soft as butter.

Anyhow still hoping for a win on saturday :)

I wasn't talking about Franklin.

Hint - we have a visitor trying to give him back to us.

I never said loosing players didn't make a diff , what was implied was , its a bloody pissweak excuse ! , if ya loose shut up ya wer'nt good enough.

The only piss weak thing around here is the way you express yourself

"if ya loose shut up ya wer'nt good enough".

So in summary, you're either a massive knob or under 15 .... or both. Now drag your sorry arse off our board and back to your own one before one of the mods makes you.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Hello!"
"Hi Clarko, its the fellas here from Bigfooty... we want to understand why you have selected suckers??"
"sorry, have you guys got some idea on wtf happens with selection here?"
"Yes, we have a lot of threads that talk about why suckers should not be picked over sewelly..."
== beep == beep == beep ==
"Clarko? Clarko?"

Round 10 vs Port Adelaide

Suckling: 28 disposals, 8 marks, 4 tackles

Sewell: 18 disposals, 1 mark, 3 tackles

Exaclty, Sewell has battled away this year, he has had some good games and some pretty ordinary ones, a lot on here seem to be getting caught up on his past performances and the fact that he is an inside mid, not everyone has to be inside in a successful team, we have enough warriors on the inside.

Round 10 vs Port Adelaide

Suckling: 28 disposals, 8 marks, 4 tackles

Sewell: 18 disposals, 1 mark, 3 tackles

Not about possessions. Suckling f..ks up half of them. And no Im not bashing him, but this is a prelim, he better pull his finger out, this is not a kick to kick at lunch time at school!!!!

Exaclty, Sewell has battled away this year, he has had some good games and some pretty ordinary ones, a lot on here seem to be getting caught up on his past performances.

Suckling is far more suited to this game against a hard running side like Port Adelaide then what Sewell would be. I can see the logic behind the coaching staff's decision.

Not about possessions. Suckling f..ks up half of them. And no Im not bashing him, but this is a prelim, he better pull his finger out, this is not a kick to kick at lunch time at school!!!!

And Sewell hits a target lace out every time he gets it, some people being completely blinded by past perfomances of Sewell.

Suckling is far more suited to this game against a hard running side like Port Adelaide then what Sewell would be. I can see the logic behind the coaching staff's decision.

You can, I can, not many others here seem to be able to comprehend.

Keeping my fingers crossed with Suckling. The blow torch will really be on him now that he replaces Sewell. Just hope he produces the goods. This game could make or break him. Hope I am not putting too much pressure on him.
I'm sure he take the heat friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back