Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My two bobs worth. I'd be backing your club to deal late on Mitchell. It's highly likely that Melbourne trade the Frawley compo pick for a player and pick ala Tyson last year.

If the Dees orchestrate a deal such as 3 for WC's 11 + a player then perhaps it would be more prudent to trade 6 for 11 and 22 from the Dees. IMO, 11 is closer to Mitchell's value than 6 and 22 can then be used on Jacksch (if he and you are interested).

Food for thought because 6 for Mitchell doesn't work for me!

My two bobs worth. I'd be backing your club to deal late on Mitchell. It's highly likely that Melbourne trade the Frawley compo pick for a player and pick ala Tyson last year.

If the Dees orchestrate a deal such as 3 for WC's 11 + a player then perhaps it would be more prudent to trade 6 for 11 and 22 from the Dees. IMO, 11 is closer to Mitchell's value than 6 and 22 can then be used on Jacksch (if he and you are interested).

Food for thought because 6 for Mitchell doesn't work for me!
I like that. I've been floating that for a few days, just trying to find a club who would be willing to do it.

GC having 2 first rounders is handy.

I just hate everything to do with Sydney, I hate the club, I hate a lot of their players, and then their posters are ever worse

"Mitchell's over paid, not best 22, injured, but NOTHING short of your first pick, and probably something else is going to get him, and Membrey - no thanks, I know he was pick #50 odd and has played 1 game, and he's uncontracted, but he's way to vaulable, 2nd rounder or gtfo" - the arrogance is astounding.

I just hate everything to do with Sydney, I hate the club, I hate a lot of their players, and then their posters are ever worse

"Mitchell's over paid, not best 22, injured, but NOTHING short of your first pick, and probably something else is going to get him, and Membrey - no thanks, I know he was pick #50 odd and has played 1 game, and he's uncontracted, but he's way to vaulable, 2nd rounder or gtfo" - the arrogance is astounding.

I'll be ******* glad when they are back on an even playing field in a few years.

As for Mitchell, pick 6 is overpaying. You don't give pick 6 for a guy who hasn't cemented a spot in the best 22, regardless of how good he is. Don't give me injuries as an excuse either.

10-15 is his worth.

I'll be ******* glad when they are back on an even playing field in a few years.

As for Mitchell, pick 6 is overpaying. You don't give pick 6 for a guy who hasn't cemented a spot in the best 22, regardless of how good he is. Don't give me injuries as an excuse either.

10-15 is his worth.
Agree completely, as that Pie said above and etsal1 has been saying for days - trading Pick #6 for GC's First and Compo or something similar, allows us to trade Mitchell for a lower pick and still have a pick in the top #20.

Preferably play super hard ball and get Mitchell for even lower - like a pick in the #15-20 range, if we can get out hands on one, using some of our outgoing trade bait.
Keep #6, get Mitchell and Jaksch and it would be an amazing trade period.

Agree completely, as that Pie said above and etsal1 has been saying for days - trading Pick #6 for GC's First and Compo or something similar, allows us to trade Mitchell for a lower pick and still have a pick in the top #20.

Preferably play super hard ball and get Mitchell for even lower - like a pick in the #15-20 range, if we can get out hands on one, using some of our outgoing trade bait.
Keep #6, get Mitchell and Jaksch and it would be an amazing trade period.

Would be an unbelievable trade period if that occurred! Dream scenario. Media would still rate our trade and draft period as a C+ though.

I like that. I've been floating that for a few days, just trying to find a club who would be willing to do it.

GC having 2 first rounders is handy.

GC are the sleeper. They haven't gone tall since 2010 (the Lynch, Day & Gorringe draft) so my feel is that they'll dash the hopes of every Pies fan on Moore and if we match that bid Durdin is a goer. That'll stagger their list nicely for talls, but it still leaves 14 as currency.

From there maybe 7 (forgot the compo earlier) and a player (I'll let you guys discuss the player) to GC for say Sexton and GC send 14 to Sydney who then on-trade Mitchell.

End result for 7 and player x is Mitchell and Sexton (I'm big on him myself, but I'm sure there's other options if he doesn't appeal), GC have two picks in the top 8 and player x and Sydney get 14 for Mitchell.

Again something to mull over. At least it's better than 7 straight up, IMO anyway...

Re Mitchell.

Roos would love him at Melbourne and have picks 2 (and likely) pick 3.

You guys are going to need all of your Pick 6 (which will become 7)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re Mitchell.

Roos would love him at Melbourne and have picks 2 (and likely) pick 3.

You guys are going to need all of your Pick 6 (which will become 7)
For pick 3, they can have him.....his injuries make him a risky proposition (much like menzel in his draft who was a top 5 who slid to our pick at 12ish).

This would make him a likely slider in a draft which lowers his value.

If Melbourne wanna continue making shambolic deals, then they can have Mitchell for pick 3 (assuming he agrees), or you can keep him on your books with his inflated salary.

I know some people believe this to be true, but it just doesn't make sense that we'd have to pay pick 7 for a mid who is running around in the NEAFL. Yes, he's at a club whose side is ridiculously hard to get into, but I really can't work our why he's behind someone like Jake Lloyd in the pecking order. He's even had guys like Biggs, Brandon Jack and Jones getting games ahead of him this year, and there's no way you'd give a top 10 pick for any of those guys. Other than some injuries, which he now seems to be over, can anyone explain why guys like this have often been ahead of him on the selection table?
I suspect they believe he wanted to leave and like when Paul Roos said he wouldn't play a player who wanted to leave.

I say let Sydney keep Mitchell and pay him $400,000 a year to play in the reserves. Good luck in re-signing any players and getting the salary cap down by close to a $1 million when the COLA is scrapped in a couple of years.

I say let Sydney keep Mitchell and pay him $400,000 a year to play in the reserves. Good luck in re-signing any players and getting the salary cap down by close to a $1 million when the COLA is scrapped in a couple of years.

I'm fine with that. He won't be playing ressies next year if he remains uninjured and has a full preseason.

They're up em selves...

Mitchell isn't on 400 a year. His deal was 5 years, 1.5m. Who knows what the structure is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back