Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We lost a final to Melb because of him.

He was destroying them single handed, then got concussed pretty badly, went off and Melbourne over ran us. He was as hard as nails and played his footy that way, it was a very sad day when he left the club and I don't think certain people in the club worked hard enough to keep him there.

That was sort of the vibe of the interview - if they club had asked nicely and tried a bit harder he would have had no problem staying.

I reckon it came down to Big Jack trying to get rid of David Allison out of the club as he was driving up players prices and jack knew we were in trouble with the Salary Cap.

I think he made Hamill the sacrificial lamb as such.

That was sort of the vibe of the interview - if they club had asked nicely and tried a bit harder he would have had no problem staying.

I reckon it came down to Big Jack trying to get rid of David Allison out of the club as he was driving up players prices and jack knew we were in trouble with the Salary Cap.

I think he made Hamill the sacrificial lamb as such.
If only we'd sacrificed Jack. Wouldn't have helped the salary cap issue but I would've felt a whole lot better about the club during that time.

Milburn's hit on SOS?
Never been so scared for the safety of players and supporters alike.

I was there that day and will never forget.

I was 11 sitting in my seats I had my whole life when mum put down her binoculars and yelled 'he' s gonna I'll him' and looked away.

Sos was my fave player at the time and my second of all time (sticks was on my jumper first)

The noise the crowd made afterwards was so unlike anything I've heard at the footy.

Willingham taking out simmo at the G in front of a Carlton Collingwood game doesn't even compare.

Never been so scared for the safety of players and supporters alike.

I was there that day and will never forget.

I was 11 sitting in my seats I had my whole life when mum put down her binoculars and yelled 'he' s gonna I'll him' and looked away.

Sos was my fave player at the time and my second of all time (sticks was on my jumper first)

The noise the crowd made afterwards was so unlike anything I've heard at the footy.

Willingham taking out simmo at the G in front of a Carlton Collingwood game doesn't even compare.
I was there too. Even younger but I still remember that. When the cops had to come out and hang by the interchange - never seen that since.

I was there too. Even younger but I still remember that. When the cops had to come out and hang by the interchange - never seen that since.
I was turning 12 in less than 2 weeks and played footy at the time for a club that wore Geelong jumpers.

I was too shocked to boo, just sat there staring at sos, didn't know what to do.

I didn't even wanna play footy the next week in our final because I couldn't look at our jumper with out feeling ill.

Still can't support Geelong they only were my preferred premiers because they played Collingwood and St kilda

I was turning 12 in less than 2 weeks and played footy at the time for a club that wore Geelong jumpers.

I was too shocked to boo, just sat there staring at sos, didn't know what to do.

I didn't even wanna play footy the next week in our final because I couldn't look at our jumper with out feeling ill.

Still can't support Geelong they only were my preferred premiers because they played Collingwood and St kilda

I still think of booing Milburn whenever I hear his named mentioned.

I remember mum wouldn't let me look at SOS when it happened but could just hear the boos etc in the crowd.

I still think of booing Milburn whenever I hear his named mentioned.

I remember mum wouldn't let me look at SOS when it happened but could just hear the boos etc in the crowd.
I booed him every game since. Still feel the urge to boo Geelong.
Milburn, bomber Thompson, what Scarlett said to Robert Harvey.
I can't like that club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I booed him every game since. Still feel the urge to boo Geelong.
Milburn, bomber Thompson, what Scarlett said to Robert Harvey.
I can't like that club.

They used to be my second fave but Freo & Port overtook them this year.

:thumbsu:

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2014-09-23/scotland-to-be-honoured

Retired Carlton champion Heath Scotland will be farewelled with a lap of honour at the MCG at the AFL Grand Final.

Scotland called time on his 268-game career in May, after being told his troublesome ankle wasn’t going to improve if he kept playing.

He’s one of 17 retiring 200-game players to accept the AFL’s invitation for a pre-game lap of honour on Saturday.
Scotland will be joined by Luke Ball, Simon Black, Campbell Brown, Jonathan Brown, Dom Cassisi, Dean Cox, Daniel Giansiracusa, Lenny Hayes, Josh Hunt, Darren Jolly, Quentin Lynch, Ash McGrath, Nick Maxwell and Ben Rutten.

ScotlandLapGFArticle_620X370.jpg

No Jake King! :D

Hated Pagan apparently, as did most of the players.
Back in the days when the tail was definitely wagging the dog. You don't enjoy much success when the players are calling the shots.
Heard there was some bad blood between him and the club over payments too.
From what I remember, the club offered Campo a 1 year deal, because they didn't believe he had much football left in him whereas Campo wanted 2 years.

Realistically Campo was done & was lucky to be offered a 1 year deal. His final season at Carlton was abysmal.

Mouse mats went out went we moved on from the ball mouse to the laser mouse. At best they are a place mat at the dinner table. Phased out like cassette tapes and CDs.

When Juddy was interviewed - 'get to enjoy playing at the footy club for AT LEAST another year' :) :)

How was Murph's Mrs. I don't reckon she actually watched any football this year haha. Loved the 'this will be interesting' from Murph as well haha.

Gibba's Mrs is the best thing since sliced bread!

Mouse mats went out went we moved on from the ball mouse to the laser mouse. At best they are a place mat at the dinner table. Phased out like cassette tapes and CDs.
Maybe it's Neese's security mat. She's entitled to having her own piece of nostalgia. Good on you Neese, I say. Each to their own. Her own patch with Campo & BFF in tow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back