General MFC discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what was the real go with MC. Anything more than just walking away from us with the club having no idea?
I have heard a few stories I wouldn't bother posting because they are likely crap.
  1. Retired from football
  2. Announced comeback
  3. Trained with club in bid to regain fitness
  4. Announced he wanted to play for another club
  5. Orchestrated trade to another club
All over a roughly 6 month timeline.

So what was the real go with MC. Anything more than just walking away from us with the club having no idea?
I have heard a few stories I wouldn't bother posting because they are likely crap.

I'm pretty sure he had to deal with a few issues.

My interpretation is;

He had some psych issues.

Told the club and asked for extended, open ended leave.

Club obliged and suggested that he retire in good faith, and come back if and when he recovered.

He took the deal which was favourable in terms of payments.

He recovered enough to play footy, but realised his contract upon return would be reduced.

Acted against good faith and took himself to open market for a better deal by saying he needed a 'change of environment'.

Effectively blackmailing the club to trade him/let him go so he could earn more money again.

Sure is boring around here...bring on the nab cup challenge thing. Btw preseasons are way to long. I would be happy if they just put the hulk on ice till round1. Gain matchday fitness as the season progresses

I would be happy if they just put the hulk on ice till round1. Gain matchday fitness as the season progresses

I think there's merit in that. If he is to go down, it may aswel be in the season proper and not some Mickey mouse bull$#!+ nab cup game. I sure hope he stays injury free but every time I watch him, be it at Casey or at training, it's like he's moving around on very thin ice and at any moment... Well it's best not to think about.

But back on point, yeah I'd be happy for him to just play the one nab cup game, maybe limited minutes, then unleash the hulk rd 1 at the G. Even an underdone Hoges is better than any forward in the comp. You heard me correctly.

Don't put him on ice, the kids 19
If they have to treat him that carefully now his career will be over soon Anyway

Nabs played at 80% intensity anyway
Agree - if he's fully fit, he's fully fit. Get him on the park and establish his confidence to just kick some ass in the season proper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we rest him into round 1, he's even more likely to break down with the dramatic increase in intensity.

Along that line of thinking, Rest Dunn, Jones, Tyson, Jamar, Dawes, Vince, McDonald, Petracca and anyone else who will be involved in round 1

Along that line of thinking, Rest Dunn, Jones, Tyson, Jamar, Dawes, Vince, McDonald, Petracca and anyone else who will be involved in round 1
At this risk on injuries that will hinder our season i suggest that we let Casey play for us instead.

Oh right, sorry :thumbsu:

Yeh I can understand managing his load, but I dont think keeping him on ice until round 1 would be a good idea.

Even if he's playing well during the year, I'm sure we'll give him a few weeks off to keep him fresh anyway.

Yeah, I think if you treat him like he is ready to break down every minute then he will probably break down

Besides, it sends the wrong message if every player is available for the nab except a 19 yr old debutant who is deemed to important

Do you know this Dees fan? camera was found in USA

image.raw

Now people want to wrap Hogan in cotton wool. Wonders never cease.
Besides, it sends the wrong message if every player is available for the nab except a 19 yr old debutant who is deemed to important

Not withstanding the fact that his birthday is on February 12 and he'll start in the NAB Challenge series beyond his teenage years.

Now people want to wrap Hogan in cotton wool. Wonders never cease.

Not withstanding the fact that his birthday is on February 12 and he'll start in the NAB Challenge series beyond his teenage years.

I wouldnt care if he was 25, the fact that he hasnt played a game and people are worried about his durability is silly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back