Mega Thread The 2015 Buckley coaching megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really glad all this is - for the time being anyway - being thrashed out again and again and again...where was I? Oh yes, being thrashed out again in the Bucks mega thread. It means if I avoid this thread I dont have to read about...about...about...about...
Sorry VP, you have to read as a Mod. Never know what might be said:p.

Sorry VP, you have to read as a Mod. Never know what might be said:p.

I think that's the point ... We don't need to read it to know what is being said :p

Williams is quoted in Buckley's book saying that the rumour is bullshit. They may have had a fight, big deal. Williams stated that he was a bit stale and needed a change but hey, that may not suit your argument so he was talking s**t just for the sake of the book. Burns and Buckely went head to head on quite a few occasions on the track and low and behold, Burns is back.
Oh in Buckleys book. Yes his version of what Williams said. What about Paul Williams' book?

Oh in Buckleys book. Yes his version of what Williams said. What about Paul Williams' book?
These are direct quotes. There are quite a few of them in the book and not all complimentary.
Page 267 (Williams quote) and 268 where Bullshit surrounding Burns is also put to rest. Caro was at it again.

Now Williams says one thing in Bucks' book but if he had his own he says another? Credibility gone.

Last edited:
These are direct quotes. There are quite a few of them in the book and not all complimentary.
Page 267 (Williams quote) and 268 where Bullshit surrounding Burns is also put to rest. Caro was at it again.

Now Williams says one thing in Bucks' book but if he had his own he says another? Credibility gone.
It's Buckleys book he can say what he wants or what he believes is true. He can quote Williams all he likes but it doesn't mean he said it.

It's Buckleys book he can say what he wants or what he believes is true. He can quote Williams all he likes but it doesn't mean he said it.
Each person who commented for the book was asked some questions. This was the one for Willo. It doesn't read like " Paul Williams said this....." Each person speaks in the first person such as " it was all a load of of crap and I hope this puts it to rest. I left purely because I was stale at Collingwood......." Part of the the Williams quote.
As I stated earlier, some of the quotes are not very complimentary e.g. Dipper about the blood smearing incident.
Also, North blamed only Buckley for the change of heart and sooked about it. They needed to blame Noel Gordon from Brisbane because once he cracked the shits, North were out of the picture. Plus, the deal was illegal according to AFL rules at the time and Collingwood were using it to their advantage.
There's more, have a read. The famous " I want to play in finals" is a misquote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno about Eddie but I tend to believe Paul Williams when he says it was crap.
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2001 5:36 am
Post subject: Paul Williams v Nathan Buckley
Did everyone hear on The Footy Show last night that Bucks and WIllo dont get on all that well and therefore the rumours we heard last year about that appear to have been true. Eddie also said they had gotten winf of certain things WIllo has been saying about Bucks in Sydney and it appears the Pies arent too pleased.

Not hard to google. Footy show 2001. Why would Eddie lie about that?

It was more than a rumour. Didnt Eddie also confirm it on the footy show back in 2001.
Oh I remember now TG. Eddie had heard that Willo was saying some stuff about Bucks when he got to Sydney. Read into that what you will but most likely nothing more than 'Bucks is a big head or his standards are too high etc'. You know, stuff people could say about mates on a daily basis.
You could go all 'Caro' on that, if you like?

just rang a mate who hated Buckley although he's a mad Pies. He remembers Eddie saying something later about 'beating it up' because he knew the two got along alright and wouldn't worry about it.
Williams wasn't a huge fan of Malthouse. Oooooh what do you reckon about that?

just rang a mate who hated Buckley although he's a mad Pies. He remembers Eddie saying something later about 'beating it up' because he knew the two got along alright and wouldn't worry about it.
Williams wasn't a huge fan of Malthouse. Oooooh what do you reckon about that?
Why is it so hard to accept that they didn't get along?

whether they got along or not is not the question. The questions is "Did Williams leave because of Buckley?" From what I've seen, the answer is no.
Bucks did say that William's was one of his closest mates at the club. If the relationship turned sour towards the end, so be it.

If you don't like Buckley as coach that is fine but maybe you should be talking about what we are going to do NOW not what should have happened 4 years ago. It would be more interesting to hear about who you think should replace him rather than stuff we have heard thousands of times. I really don't know why people keep bringing Malthouse up. Its the past.

Williams is quoted in Buckley's book saying that the rumour is bullshit. They may have had a fight, big deal. Williams stated that he was a bit stale and needed a change but hey, that may not suit your argument so he was talking s**t just for the sake of the book. Burns and Buckely went head to head on quite a few occasions on the track and low and behold, Burns is back.

When so many people have altercations with someone surely the alarm bells must have rang at some point? Not getting along is one thing as long as it doesnt effect your job but when so many leave, are disenchanted or resort to fist fights thats something else.................

Read Darren Jolly claim that he and many others has personality clashes iwth the coach -

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...athan-buckley-as-a-coward-20131127-2yagc.html

And Heath Shaw back him up -

http://www.sportal.com.au/afl/news/...an-buckley-dispute/1vltkchh7ut0511d4ztke7isih

Last edited:
So you must of been playing at collingwood with both of them to know them on a personal level to be 100% right?????? ;););)
Media, Books lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back