EDFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Question will be if Douttas happen to win the flag they will need to recruit a heap of players as the majority of their recruits won't stay and play premier.. However have recruited well as long as they didn't offer ridicules money to these guys.
Last year Douttas spent plenty ( more than Pacco,APW & Marby) and got relegated. The Sunbury guys were on plenty of $$$ and probably were found to be below premier div. Clarke was ok though..

Coombes Kyte ronaldson Cronin and Ramsay have all crossed over to eds . From what I'm hearing all very impressed with the way wallis goes about it .

Coombes , Kyte , Ronaldson and Cronin all from Glenroy. Will be interesting to see what happens here as EDFL rules won't allow more than 2 or 3 players to cross over from one EDFL club to another unless the club they are leaving agree to it. Would Glenroy agree ?
If not EDS may need to choose which 2 out of the 4 they want

The ruling is 3 from memory which could cause a few headaches from memory Glenroy were more then happy to accept up to 7 players from cragieburn a few years back so works both ways I would of thought . Cronin Coombes and Ramsay are uncontracted so can't hold them .. Ramsay didn't play a game for the club last year so you wouldn't think that's a problem. Kyte and ronaldson are contracted which causes further problems but both are home growns looking for a change so it will be interesting to see how that pans out with both having views to eventually return to the club in the future.

The ruling is 3 from memory which could cause a few headaches from memory Glenroy were more then happy to accept up to 7 players from cragieburn a few years back so works both ways I would of thought . Cronin Coombes and Ramsay are uncontracted so can't hold them .. Ramsay didn't play a game for the club last year so you wouldn't think that's a problem. Kyte and ronaldson are contracted which causes further problems but both are home growns looking for a change so it will be interesting to see how that pans out with both having views to eventually return to the club in the future.

Yeah I reckon it was 3 and it has been changed to 2 players last year. I Belive it's 2 plus a playing coach

The mail I've heard is that a lot of boys disgruntled with lance, weren't happy with the slide after grand final and since then has been 2 years with out a major signing and a number of disappointing departures of glenroy home growns. Seems to be a very similar situation to when barnard was at the burners, sad to think that a club like glenroy could facing relegation, Also heard that rock ferraro has joined sydenham if true what a great get for the sharks maybe they could be team to sneak into 4th spot with top 3 in my opinion already set in EDS,Burners and Westy. Going to be a cracker div 1 comp.

Those boys will fit in well if John Barnes is assisting Wallis boys will be drinking cans at 1/4 time
i definitely agree, cronin hasn't shown his capable at a higher level yet...
also ive heard his put the kilos on also? interesting to see if these boys play seniors or reserves...

Also heard that rock ferraro has joined sydenham if true what a great get for the sharks maybe they could be team to sneak into 4th spot with top 3 in my opinion already set in EDS,Burners and Westy. Going to be a cracker div 1 comp.

Great get. Will be raining goals in div 1 in 2015.

The mail I've heard is that a lot of boys disgruntled with lance, weren't happy with the slide after grand final and since then has been 2 years with out a major signing and a number of disappointing departures of glenroy home growns. Seems to be a very similar situation to when barnard was at the burners, sad to think that a club like glenroy could facing relegation, Also heard that rock ferraro has joined sydenham if true what a great get for the sharks maybe they could be team to sneak into 4th spot with top 3 in my opinion already set in EDS,Burners and Westy. Going to be a cracker div 1 comp.
Rocky has signed with Hillside (Sydenham) Big loss for the Saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Douttas recruited Carey and Ramsay with a view to get Dane Swan on completion of his Afl career?Part of some pact they've had to play togethor at some stage.
If Douttas are to win and be promoted I cant see many of the recent recruits having much impact in premier div
Crazy on the other had have recruited (mostly)players who if promoted to premier will be very good at that level
BTW im not associated with any sides in comp just my two bobs worth either way looks like a competetive season coming up

Has Douttas recruited Carey and Ramsay with a view to get Dane Swan on completion of his Afl career?Part of some pact they've had to play togethor at some stage.
If Douttas are to win and be promoted I cant see many of the recent recruits having much impact in premier div
Crazy on the other had have recruited (mostly)players who if promoted to premier will be very good at that level
BTW im not associated with any sides in comp just my two bobs worth either way looks like a competetive season coming up

Makes sense what you say but if cragieburns recruits are going to be good enough for Prem div in 2016 i they don't win this year then they clearly wouldnt compete the following year
Also the players at Eds aged between 18-23 is outstanding the quality holds the club in the right direction

Also the players at Eds aged between 18-23 is outstanding the quality holds the club in the right direction

This is probably one area where Douttas have an advantage. Even without their Calder players they probably still have an advantage over the other clubs in Div 1 and I think that may prove vital as the season progresses.

That said, TL, Hillside and the Eagles have some great young kids too who will play a big part this year.

This is probably one area where Douttas have an advantage. Even without their Calder players they probably still have an advantage over the other clubs in Div 1 and I think that may prove vital as the season progresses.

That said, TL, Hillside and the Eagles have some great young kids too who will play a big part this year.
Eagles would have some quality not sure about Taylors lakes! EDS didn't lose any kids from the team that got relegated which is huge seeing they played 4+ prem div games

The focus has been on eds Westy and C'Burn
Are we completely writing off the likes of Taylors lakes with sammy tankard and also Hillside with Burnsy at the helm.

Can East Keilor survive ? I say yes with the major departures out of Glenroy and Tullamarine anything could happen

Eagles would have some quality not sure about Taylors lakes! EDS didn't lose any kids from the team that got relegated which is huge seeing they played 4+ prem div games

Word doing the rounds at the Linc is that Mitch Jenson has gone back to Footscray and won't play at EDS this year? If true, loss for EDS.

The focus has been on eds Westy and C'Burn
Are we completely writing off the likes of Taylors lakes with sammy tankard and also Hillside with Burnsy at the helm.

Can East Keilor survive ? I say yes with the major departures out of Glenroy and Tullamarine anything could happen
Don't forget Rocky Ferraro at Hillside

Remove this Banner Ad

Back