EDFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

32-33 I think

Thanks mate
Still a bit of footy left in the old fella yet if only 33. You don't lose your skill and will put some fear into opposition clubs.
However I do remember his last game in an EDFL final at Keilor for Marby vs Greenvale when that little bloke knocked him out. Still got up a few seconds later though.
Good bloke I hear though a little crazy..can throw them.,

I will be watching with interest and if stays fit and plays every game could kick 80plus...

Thanks mate
Still a bit of footy left in the old fella yet if only 33. You don't lose your skill and will put some fear into opposition clubs.
However I do remember his last game in an EDFL final at Keilor for Marby vs Greenvale when that little bloke knocked him out. Still got up a few seconds later though.
Good bloke I hear though a little crazy..can throw them.,

I will be watching with interest and if stays fit and plays every game could kick 80plus...
The tall timber of
Prado carey and kyte could be as good as the clokes at C'Burn

The tall timber of
Prado carey and kyte could be as good as the clokes at C'Burn

This is my opinion but;
Carey (struggled at Hoppers with his body 2 years ago), Kite (not proven at higher level), Prado (I don't know much about).

Cameron Cloke (NFL Comp B&F + Leading Goal Kicker 2 years ago), Jason Cloke (Capt WRFL team in metro carnival & ave 70 goals est a season in WRFL) + ruck man from Whittelsea all reports are his quality. This outweighs the EDS at moment.

PS: Jason at CHB where he played in metro carnival would make that spine stronger.

This is my opinion but;
Carey (struggled at Hoppers with his body 2 years ago), Kite (not proven at higher level), Prado (I don't know much about).

Cameron Cloke (NFL Comp B&F + Leading Goal Kicker 2 years ago), Jason Cloke (Capt WRFL team in metro carnival & ave 70 goals est a season in WRFL) + ruck man from Whittelsea all reports are his quality. This outweighs the EDS at moment.

PS: Jason at CHB where he played in metro carnival would make that spine stronger.

Kade had issues with his Achilles (I believe) and decide to retire. Its interesting that his decided to play again. Deal to good to refuse maybe??
Kite was AFL listed at Adelaide not so long ago. Could play premier easy if committed but not sure he wants to.. Very good at div1 and big ground should suit him.. *Was chased hard by Keilor a few years back but said no.. Big money was offered..

I'm struggling to understand why the Cloke boys would want to play div1 level. Surely the money must be huge and more than premier or other leagues could match.. What other reason would they go there??The Craigieburn ground I seen last year didn't appear in the best shape. Hope they don't get injured with their bigger bodies..

50k each for the Cloke boys could be one reason why the chose Craigieburn ??

On the EDS forwards, from what I have been told Kade still needs an operation on his Achilles and is no certainty to even play. At best would only play every second week. Kite was average last season at Glenroy and will need to be cleared still as he is contracted at Glenroy. So a bit to still play put there yet.

Any news on praccy games and who is playing who ?

50k each for the Cloke boys could be one reason why the chose Craigieburn ??

On the EDS forwards, from what I have been told Kade still needs an operation on his Achilles and is no certainty to even play. At best would only play every second week. Kite was average last season at Glenroy and will need to be cleared still as he is contracted at Glenroy. So a bit to still play put there yet.

Any news on praccy games and who is playing who ?

37 goals from 11 games from Aaron kyte last season

64 goals from his last 21 games at hoppers for Kade Carey

My mail is kades had his operation done all his physio work and is due to start running Wednesday night if he gets even close to slightly fit his still going to cause headaches for sides . Along with Joel Coombes who we hardly got to see at Glenroy last year coming from the ovens an Murray a strong league where he averaged 40 plus goals a season if he gets close to his best it just adds another's headache for sides . I think you will find with Kyte he played about 2 quarters a game last year due to a consistant foot problem an still finished 3rd in the clubs BNF must of played some pretty good quarters in those 11 games . His come off 90 goals an 80 goals the years before that his fit and firing from all reports and loving the fresh start at a new club. We could keep writing about the clubs forward lines for months . It starts at training an in the midfield who's team is willing to work harder will take out the gf this regardless of the forward line . Cragieburn still favourites in my eyes but there coming from a long way back .

My mail is kades had his operation done all his physio work and is due to start running Wednesday night if he gets even close to slightly fit his still going to cause headaches for sides . Along with Joel Coombes who we hardly got to see at Glenroy last year coming from the ovens an Murray a strong league where he averaged 40 plus goals a season if he gets close to his best it just adds another's headache for sides . I think you will find with Kyte he played about 2 quarters a game last year due to a consistant foot problem an still finished 3rd in the clubs BNF must of played some pretty good quarters in those 11 games . His come off 90 goals an 80 goals the years before that his fit and firing from all reports and loving the fresh start at a new club. We could keep writing about the clubs forward lines for months . It starts at training an in the midfield who's team is willing to work harder will take out the gf this regardless of the forward line . Cragieburn still favourites in my eyes but there coming from a long way back .
Joel Coombes ? Is playing where or staying at glenroy?

It's been well documented around Glenroy that Joel had a few personal off field issues that he had to take care of which clearly showed and stopped him from playing his best footy . He took a mid year break away an come back an played some good footy kicked something like 30 goals in 4 weeks in the 2s but for unknown reasons couldn't seem to recall selection which left a few people more then suprised . Has played senior footy in the vfl sanfl an kicked several goals in an ovens an Murray competition that is on another level to division one edfl . Saying his not up to it is a big call . I'm sure Glenroy would of been more then happy to keep him with there 3 tall forwards Morrison ronaldson an Kyte parting ways from the club .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been well documented around Glenroy that Joel had a few personal off field issues that he had to take care of which clearly showed and stopped him from playing his best footy . He took a mid year break away an come back an played some good footy kicked something like 30 goals in 4 weeks in the 2s but for unknown reasons couldn't seem to recall selection which left a few people more then suprised . Has played senior footy in the vfl sanfl an kicked several goals in an ovens an Murray competition that is on another level to division one edfl . Saying his not up to it is a big call . I'm sure Glenroy would of been more then happy to keep him with there 3 tall forwards Morrison ronaldson an Kyte parting ways from the club .

Can only go on what I saw this year. Watched him on Anzac Day and he had one kick for the day

Coombes had 49 goals in 9 games in glenroys 2's after

Having 30 In 11 for wang magpies season prior.

Must be something more to do with him not playing firsts for Glenroy, lack of commitment ? Or as it's been said personal issues!

Coombes Kyte ronaldson Cronin and Ramsay have all crossed over to eds . From what I'm hearing all very impressed with the way wallis goes about it .

Coombes & Kyte playing at EDS. Any others from Glenroy and what's is the attraction at EDS? Coin? Wallis? Fallout with Lance?
Fact they have a good chance to be part of a club aspiring to re establish themselves in Premier Division

Coombes Kyte ronaldson Cronin and Ramsay have all crossed over to eds . From what I'm hearing all very impressed with the way wallis goes about it .

Looking at results from last year, Cronin and Ramsay barely played. Too interested in hitting the sauce Friday nights.

This is my opinion but;

PS: Jason at CHB where he played in metro carnival would make that spine stronger.[/

kite not proven at higher level?
I don't know the exact numbers but I know his kicked roughly 200 goals in his past 30 odd games for Glenroy including 98 in a season in the same division edfl division 1...
if that's not proven then I dunno what is...

Check side - I have no doubt Kite is a gun, but just comparing his local career against the Cloke boys. It will be quality at both ends to watch.;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back