Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weren't you one one those thingy me jigs......umm big 4 things b4? Like the Dallas Cowboys ....superclubs of da league?? How's has the last 12-13 yrs of pain been going for you?? chuckle chuckle chuckle
With banter like that you should come join the banter thread on our board...from what I can tell it's just a safe place for opposition posters to give us s**t :(

With banter like that you should come join the banter thread on our board...from what I can tell it's just a safe place for opposition posters to give us s**t :(
We are just giving other clubs crap, only * we truly do not like /hate.

Seriously though, you supporters need to spill the board or something. It's close to unthinkable that you're in such a bad position. Don't get me wrong, I rather enjoy it, but I'm getting whiffs of Melbourne from you guys now.

Yeah it's a pretty s**t situation. I don't want to derail your thread because your sympathy is very entertaining, but there's a thread on the main board about our membership woes where I'm happy to address the problem.
We look pretty f***ed at the moment and I can't see it improving in any big hurry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it's a pretty s**t situation. I don't want to derail your thread because your sympathy is very entertaining, but there's a thread on the main board about our membership woes where I'm happy to address the problem.
We look pretty f***ed at the moment and I can't see it improving in any big hurry.
I know we're getting sidetracked a bit (lol *) but what do you put it down to primarily, some other club flogging members or something else?

I know we're getting sidetracked a bit (lol *) but what do you put it down to primarily, some other club flogging members or something else?

There's a few reasons in my opinion.
  • Carlton supporters are notoriously bandwagony and everyone is aware of how s**t we've been for the last 15 years.
  • We were unable to convert many members or supporters while we were suffering the consequences of the salary cap cheating scandal.
  • The club cares more about rich powerbrokers and pokie owners than about our supporters (Bruce Mathieson lives in QLD but somehow watches all the TAC Cup games and knows exactly who we should be drafting :rolleyes:).
  • There is no perceived value for money in our memberships and they're at the higher end of the price range compared to other clubs. This year they've abolished children's 3 game memberships and converted them all to the adult price without consulting the members. This has resulted in quite a few cancellations.
  • Honestly, trying to buy a membership last year was like trying to catch a ******* leprechaun. Calls went unanswered and not returned for weeks. Trying to get them to respond to an email? Forgeddaboutit!
  • They've made some redundancies across the administration team and I think they've taken the resources from the wrong areas.
  • Their fan engagement is almost non-existent.
I could go on for hours! I love my club but they don't make supporting them very easy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How pumped are North supporters to watch the * game this arvo.
Seeing washed up hacks and talentless wannabees running around in that putrid jumper is going to make my weekend.

Might even IQ the damn thing.

So, the four 2012 players to 'break ranks' and play this weekend, despite earlier 'solidarity' are Nick O'Brien, Jackson Merrett, Elliott Kavanagh and Lauchlan Dalgleish. Does that now mean the remainder of the 2012 players still on the list are those accused by ASADA?

If so, why haven't they been named in the media (even if it does mean you could work it out if you could be bothered). Why isn't David "I'm scared of needles" Zaharakis one of those four?

So, the four 2012 players to 'break ranks' and play this weekend, despite earlier 'solidarity' are Nick O'Brien, Jackson Merrett, Elliott Kavanagh and Lauchlan Dalgleish. Does that now mean the remainder of the 2012 players still on the list are those accused by ASADA?

If so, why haven't they been named in the media (even if it does mean you could work it out if you could be bothered). Why isn't David "I'm scared of needles" Zaharakis one of those four?
Let's do the maths, Zaharkis it appears is one of the 34* little cheats.

Let's do the maths, Zaharkis it appears is one of the 34* little cheats.
That's what I'm asking. Does the maths means everyone else is one of the *cheats, or are there still players not in that group of four who may not have been given Provisional Suspensions but who can't play this weekend?

That's what I'm asking. Does the maths means everyone else is one of the *cheats, or are there still players not in that group of four who may not have been given Provisional Suspensions but who can't play this weekend?
I haven't seen the leaked 34* list, we don't even know if that is the proper list of names*, we only have the media's word for it, we can only assume and guess at this point. I believe that he* is one of the 34*.

• The club cares more about rich powerbrokers and pokie owners than about our supporters (Bruce Mathieson lives in QLD but somehow watches all the TAC Cup games and knows exactly who we should be drafting :rolleyes:).
  • There is no perceived value for money in our memberships and they're at the higher end of the price range compared to other clubs. This year they've abolished children's 3 game memberships and converted them all to the adult price without consulting the members. This has resulted in quite a few cancellations.
  • Honestly, trying to buy a membership last year was like trying to catch a ******* leprechaun. Calls went unanswered and not returned for weeks. Trying to get them to respond to an email? Forgeddaboutit!
  • Their fan engagement is almost non-existent.
Not to try and oversimplify it, but I don't think your club respects it's supporters. In fact, it seems endemic that the club doesn't really respect very much at all. One of the things that makes me have absolutely no sympathy for *Essendon* (the club, not supporters) is that they have been incredibly arrogant and disrespectful to everyone throughout the bloody saga. I think that attitude is the same reason you see people putting the boots into Carlton so much, compared to the basement dwellers of the ladder whom don't get quite as much hate.

Seeing washed up hacks and talentless wannabees running around in that putrid jumper is going to make my weekend.

I'm hopeful it's the beginning of the end. The first time we see that team, but sure as hell not the last time. Can you imagine seeing them play in the season proper? I've had orgasms that haven't felt that good.

Not to try and oversimplify it, but I don't think your club respects it's supporters. In fact, it seems endemic that the club doesn't really respect very much at all. One of the things that makes me have absolutely no sympathy for *Essendon* (the club, not supporters) is that they have been incredibly arrogant and disrespectful to everyone throughout the bloody saga. I think that attitude is the same reason you see people putting the boots into Carlton so much, compared to the basement dwellers of the ladder whom don't get quite as much hate.

I'm hopeful it's the beginning of the end. The first time we see that team, but sure as hell not the last time. Can you imagine seeing them play in the season proper? I've had orgasms that haven't felt that good.

You're right. It's a remnant of the Carlton arrogance and swagger that they used to throw around when they were top of the ladder...only problem is, we haven't been at the top of the ladder for 20 years and they don't seem to get it. Even John Nichols, at our 150th Celebration last year, implored the club to drop the arrogance and get back to basics.

P.S. can't wait for the game today, it's the 3 year anniversary of * not turning up in Wangaratta :D

Can't ******* wait. The laughs will be plentiful!!!

You're right. It's a remnant of the Carlton arrogance and swagger that they used to throw around when they were top of the ladder...only problem is, we haven't been at the top of the ladder for 20 years and they don't seem to get it. Even John Nichols, at our 150th Celebration last year, implored the club to drop the arrogance and get back to basics.

P.S. can't wait for the game today, it's the 3 year anniversary of * not turning up in Wangaratta :D
Also, the dumping of Ratten for Malthouse was a pretty arrogant look from the outside.

One has to wonder if * were running a little "hot" and decided it mightn't have been a good idea to turn up in Wang that day #justsaying

Also, the dumping of Ratten for Malthouse was a pretty arrogant look from the outside.

One has to wonder if * were running a little "hot" and decided it mightn't have been a good idea to turn up in Wang that day #justsaying

Yeah, I was one of the supporters that really wasn't happy about the changes in coaching. I was raised to hate Malthouse so it has been a bit of an adjustment.

As far as I'm concerned Carlton sucks as much balls as *essendon does.

W#nker club.

^^ Looks like I've overstayed my welcome! Enjoy the game this afternoon. Go Saints! :)

As far as I'm concerned Carlton sucks as much balls as *essendon does.

W#nker club.
No club is anywhere near as despicable as *, their arrogance, born to rule attitude and disgraceful treatment of North Melbourne is unparalleled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back