EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Puff, something I found on the Murray forum and my reply. What do you think of my idea?

Good post mate,
Just wondering if the league or the AFL could provide a speaker to do it through all clubs.. This way it might be said that if you are caught and found guilty it will be a life ban from football..
Would this have a bigger impact on clubs and suggest it be addressed to sides from u16s upwards.
From what I understand it "might" be used by good players to get that extra edge, so the prospect of a life ban might hit home as well as unannounced league representives attending games..

Absolutely mate - it has to have AFL and AFLVIC to help clubs get a consistent message out coupled with consequences for any breaches..

The swell of support from media, current AFL players and even the AFL coaches via social media over the past few days has been significant so I'd say there will be to come on the topic and let's hope so...

The fact the issue has got so much traction within the media will mean the AFL will have to spend on the problem if only to be seen to be doing something about it.

I don't think an individual ban will have much impact, however if there is a threat that if it is identified as clubs condoning and encouraging the issue then the club will be banned from competing in the league for 12 months.. Then the club officials who are there every week and will have for more knowledge of what is happening, will either put a stop to it or remove that individual player from the club.

Yes it's now time for the AFL HQ to look at resources to help the clubs at grassroots level. Let's forget about expansion into foreign lands, and get our hands dirty, and help the local clubs with this serious problem. There are enough good people at every club to help with this problem, however they are not necessarily equipped to do so. So lets get out there and provide the training and assistance they need.

Would this have a bigger impact on clubs and suggest it be addressed to sides from u16s upwards.

Coach gives his pre game speech then as the team is about to run out you check if the whole squad is ready nobody taking a piss

Boys hold up... Robbo is in the toilets just finishing off the team gram wait for him then run out as a side

Coach gives his pre game speech then as the team is about to run out you check if the whole squad is ready nobody taking a piss

Boys hold up... Robbo is in the toilets just finishing off the team gram wait for him then run out as a side

Grassbag, now I'm worried about you and your coaching methods.. Be careful if the toilets are shared between both clubs. Lol

Popped in to Pacco tonight and they looked sharp. Patty Veszpremi looked very fit and could be in for a big year. He could tear the comp apart this year.
How good is it to see someone like Patty play EDFL after experiencing footy at the highest level. He gets involved and is very passionate about doing his best for the club.

Popped in to Pacco tonight and they looked sharp. Patty Veszpremi looked very fit and could be in for a big year. He could tear the comp apart this year.
How good is it to see someone like Patty play EDFL after experiencing footy at the highest level. He gets involved and is very passionate about doing his best for the club.
yeah , you'd want passion as a part of the package for $1500 a game

yeah , you'd want passion as a part of the package for $1500 a game

Not sure if your right there mate but he would be on good coin, and deservedly so has he has the credentials. 3-4 other clubs have a number of players on more money than this.. We all know money is around and you do need to compete to be competitive.

What's news at your club bangfrom50?

Not sure if your right there mate but he would be on good coin, and deservedly so has he has the credentials. 3-4 other clubs have a number of players on more money than this.. We all know money is around and you do need to compete to be competitive.

What's news at your club bangfrom50?
Fair enough, didn't say he doesn't deserve it just saying he like anyone else on big coin he needs to earn it

Fair enough, didn't say he doesn't deserve it just saying he like anyone else on big coin he needs to earn it

Hey Bang,
Yeah understood you mate. I agree totally with you in that any player on money should give their all every week and earn the money they are getting. They should also get involved around the place when they can.
There is nothing worse than players on big money who don't preform or don't show any passion for the club. This has happened at most clubs and it's disapointing.
Or players who leave after 1 or 2 years. The best ones stick around and play a role..Loyalty in footy is much loved by the supporters. Stick with them through good and bad times. These players are "gold"

Hey Bang,
Yeah understood you mate. I agree totally with you in that any player on money should give their all every week and earn the money they are getting. They should also get involved around the place when they can.
There is nothing worse than players on big money who don't preform or don't show any passion for the club. This has happened at most clubs and it's disapointing.
Or players who leave after 1 or 2 years. The best ones stick around and play a role..Loyalty in footy is much loved by the supporters. Stick with them through good and bad times. These players are "gold"
Couldn't agree with you anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard Anthony Eames is assistant coach at Avondale Heights this year.. Interesting one. I know they are mates from their Willy days but Eames did coach Altona to a Premieship in div1 only a few years back.. Could this work or will they bang heads??
If Avondale don't win it maybe Eames will take over in 2016. Eames is s smart coach and more take control.

I heard Anthony Eames is assistant coach at Avondale Heights this year.. Interesting one. I know they are mates from their Willy days but Eames did coach Altona to a Premieship in div1 only a few years back.. Could this work or will they bang heads??
If Avondale don't win it maybe Eames will take over in 2016. Eames is s smart coach and more take control.

Maybe just good succession planning

Just read Northern have lost one of their hardest working club members.

RIP Geoff Kosmak. A wonderful, friendly caring man.

Wow complete shock to me. Was an extremely hard worker to the point where he would run water for the senior game and then go inside and help out in some way inside.

One of the guys that all football clubs need to be successful and or survive.

Very sad news.

How the EDFL going to go tomorrow aginat Southern league.

Would be extremly embarrassing for the league if they were not comfortable winners, side looks stronger than last year but still a couple of players in you wonder how they are in a rep side like Papalia, Knight etc

Should be a flogging. SFL team is missing 20 of their top 30 players. Difference in standard between the two leagues was vast beforehand, even more so with such an inexperienced squad. EDFL by 15 goals.

Do Galea & Rose know it starts at 11am? I can't remember the last time they played a game this early.. Hope they don't sleep in.. Lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back