Colin Sylvia - What is going on???

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there is no argument that he is unfit to start with (since he was dropped to peel for this reason).

So yeah, that's also a possibility.

Calves are 'the old man' injuries.

I know - I've done one myself.

Not a good sign - I suspect he's got himself out of shape, then tried to exert himself to get back in favour.

A player capable of this - 37 disps (24 kicks 13 hballs), 9 marks and 4 goals in Rd 9 22-pt loss to Hawthorn at the MCG (24 May 2009) makes me wonder what is going on. He knows how to get to that level and was offered a good contract with Freo. Injuries aside it's between the ears for Colin and wish Freo could concel his contract without it effecting their salery cap.

A player capable of this - 37 disps (24 kicks 13 hballs), 9 marks and 4 goals in Rd 9 22-pt loss to Hawthorn at the MCG (24 May 2009) makes me wonder what is going on. He knows how to get to that level and was offered a good contract with Freo. Injuries aside it's between the ears for Colin and wish Freo could concel his contract without it effecting their salery cap.
Well it was six years ago for starters, in a year Hawthorn were pretty crap.

Dessie is my leader in that race. At least we got a handful of quality games out of him though.... Adam mcphee and pick 3 was it?

Thank god for free agency.

Dessie was far from the worst and unfairly maligned. Especially towards his latter years he was harder at the footy than anyone in our team. Unfortunately he couldn't handle a tag though which cost him dearly as we had no-one else to give him a chop out in that area.

Hawks easily beat Melb that game so he did that in a losing side. Are you suggesting he was never a good player?

Let's see.

Sylvia played for Melbourne FC for 10 seasons.

Best result in 'Bluey' Truscott Medal (MFC best and fairest): Equal 5th (twice).

Sylvia debuted in round 9, 2004 and played for MFC until the end of 2013 season.

Melbourne FC win-draw-loss record during that time frame:
Played 213: 67 wins - 3 draws - 143 losses (32.2%) winning percentage.

Sylvia's w-d-l record at Melbourne FC:
Played 157: 48w - 2d - 107l (31.2%).

Melbourne FC (when Sylvia didn't play) during that time frame:
Played 56: 19w - 1d - 36 losses (34.8%).

It takes a rare player to make the worst team in the competition even worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The highlight of his career was the draft I would guess.

I don't understand how Freo worked out his salary! Was any club even after him?

I really hope the club is doing as much as it can off field for Colin. A bloke could really go into a down wood spiral with all of what's happening to him at the moment. Some might say 'who cares?' but he's still a player on our list. If he's naturally lazy he might be feeling like he's in a bit of a dark hole at the moment.

From what's happened since he arrived at the club, you wonder what we grabbed him off the back of, in the first place.
Mabye we signed his doppelganger instead and he's got got the Real Colin tied up in his basement, while the doppelganger is enjoying the 300+ thousand a year freo are paying him. It would go a long way to explaining the disparity in performance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back