Opinion What is your most nonsensical Freo hill you'll die on?

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched him closely and he really wasn't that fast over the ground.
What he was really elite at, was reading the play faster than others & then getting a jump on them.
Fast brain wins every time.
I remember seeing that snail, Sam Mitchell carve us up at Subi oval in the rain & he was so much faster than our players, only because he reacted quicker.
He was very quick over short distances. Us short fellas can take off and hit our full pace very quickly.

I do agree that he had a very astute footy brain, and that added to his ability to appear faster.

I know this because I'm the same exact height as ballaz

Ryan Nyhuis had one good football game his whole career and Freo fans like to act like he was hard done by.

Outside of his debut he was ******* dog s**t.

I honestly don't think it is outside the realms of possibility. It make take a few decades but it has looked like the tide has turned a little bit with more and more youngsters coming our way.
Maybe, but we shouldn't be measuring ourselves against them. They're the biggest club in Australian sport, and TBH it's really not close. You only have to look and see what the big Melbourne clubs get against interstate opposition to see their true fanbase, and West Coast got 50k+ every game up until this season, and probably would have got 70k if capacity allowed.

To be fair, our support base is underestimated anyway, we're bigger than perhaps all but 3 or 4 teams.

Maybe, but we shouldn't be measuring ourselves against them. They're the biggest club in Australian sport, and TBH it's really not close. You only have to look and see what the big Melbourne clubs get against interstate opposition to see their true fanbase, and West Coast got 50k+ every game up until this season, and probably would have got 70k if capacity allowed.

To be fair, our support base is underestimated anyway, we're bigger than perhaps all but 3 or 4 teams.
Collingwood got 90k vs us in the final. They are bigger than WC but probably can’t make as much money.

Ryan Nyhuis had one good football game his whole career and Freo fans like to act like he was hard done by.

Outside of his debut he was ******* dog s**t.

Two good games.

He played a terrific shut down role on Robbie Gray one day as well.

Collingwood got 90k vs us in the final. They are bigger than WC but probably can’t make as much money.
Lol, have a look what Collingwood get vs interstate opposition regularly without cherry picking one off games.

And that's with dirt cheap tickets, you can get in for $25. Cheapest ticket at the slime is $57.

And that's with dirt cheap tickets, you can get in for $25. Cheapest ticket at the slime is $57.

This. Memberships numbers mean absolutely fuc.k all. Nothing. Don’t be fooled by membership number tallies.

When Ross Lyon was fired, he gave a interview about how Freo are are huge club which no one ever notices. He said we make more money than Richmond in membership revenue. $$$$

Membership revenue is where it’s at. Hate to say it but West Coast is the biggest/richest/powerful sporting club in Australia. Collingwood are not even close to West Coast.

West Coast being “BIG” is good for Freo, we can match whatever price West Coast is offering their (in demand) supporters with our supporters. We don’t need to be big like West Coast to be successful off field. We just charge what West Coast is charging. Our competition isn’t with poor Vic teams so we don’t have to lower our price when it comes to memberships. Remember Membership revenue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. Memberships numbers mean absolutely fuc.k all. Nothing. Don’t be fooled by membership number tallies.

When Ross Lyon was fired, he gave a interview about how Freo are are huge club which no one ever notices. He said we make more money than Richmond in membership revenue. $$$$

Membership revenue is where it’s at. Hate to say it but West Coast is the biggest/richest/powerful sporting club in Australia. Collingwood are not even close to West Coast.

West Coast being “BIG” is good for Freo, we can match whatever price West Coast is offering their (in demand) supporters with our supporters. We don’t need to be big like West Coast to be successful off field. We just charge what West Coast is charging. Our competition isn’t with poor Vic teams so we don’t have to lower our price when it comes to memberships. Remember Membership revenue.

There's a distinct cultural difference between Freo and West Coast as well (not meant as a shot to WC). Duffield used to say on his podcast that one of the worse things we could do would be to try and copy Eagles with the way we market ourselves.

We were robbed in the 2015 qualifying grand final, by cheating umpires.

If Morabito was fit 2013, 2014 and 2015, and Fyfe fit in 2015 we win at least one flag.

Mitchell intended to injure Fyfe.

Brayshaw will leave Freo as a premiership captain.

This is the best young group we have had. The team all works very hard for each other, but we lack A grade talent in the forward line.
That Bailey Banfield is an elite AFL footballer.

#coughs#
I’m sorry I don’t mean to reply to you but I got no idea how to write a post on this thread can someone throw me a bone and help. Anyway. The Mitchel intentionally hurting Fyfe and the Nicnat intentionally hurting Sandi and the ones that kill me. Oh and also not having
I am so glad someone Brought it up. Made it worse when many anti Freo flogs sank the boots on when Freo were 0-10.

But yeah I had disliked NIC Nat a lot after he did that to Sandi's ribs
Yes yes yes. Nic Nat v Sandi. Mitchel v Fyfe and the fricking Clark trade is what eats my Soul. Oh and the Hawks Penultimate when…… you know what I can’t remember his name and can’t be fecked looking it up dropped a sitter in their forward 50 and Rioli did a Rioli. I can’t wait to break into tears when this team wins a flag.

I’m sorry I don’t mean to reply to you but I got no idea how to write a post on this thread can someone throw me a bone and help. Anyway. The Mitchel intentionally hurting Fyfe and the Nicnat intentionally hurting Sandi and the ones that kill me. Oh and also not having

Yes yes yes. Nic Nat v Sandi. Mitchel v Fyfe and the fricking Clark trade is what eats my Soul. Oh and the Hawks Penultimate when…… you know what I can’t remember his name and can’t be fecked looking it up dropped a sitter in their forward 50 and Rioli did a Rioli. I can’t wait to break into tears when this team wins a flag.

Sherro dropped it mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Overstated. Best WA players were at VFL clubs when West Coast came around.

Yes & No.

In 1986, there were truckloads of good WA players in Victoria, but there were still stacks of good one’s still in WA.

When the Eagles came in, they grabbed a good number of them ( allowed to take a max of 6 from each WAFL team ). At the end of the 1986 season, a good number of WAFL players were signed np by the Vics, prior to the Eagles signing them. Eg. Michael Christian.

Trading Crozier when we did was a mistake, he could have been an asset for a few more years before the current crop of young guys came through.
Crozier was a nothing player when we traded him. I remember thinking it was good he left when he did because I could not see him lasting another year here.

The AFL & WAFL should have forced a merger between East Freo & South Freo in the WAFL, creating the new WAFL & AFL club, Fremantle FC. Colours stay as purple & white, (red & blue mixed = purple) Bullsharks the nickname & mascot. No "alignment team" required, Freo reserves/listed players play for the WAFL side.

Ducks

I'll leave now. Sorry.

My apologies to 17 for hijacking a great post

The best thing that has happened to Fremantle as a club and as a business is the sacking of Steve rosich

I travel to the east for work a lot in SA
I took my young bloke to a dockers camp and was unlucky enough to see a Rosich press conference ( the glendining / Allen medal year )
The arrogance he showed the press that day was embarrassing
If he did that in the bush ….

I’ve always been of the opinion you model yourself on the best.
We have always used excuses as an excuse for our lack of success
West coast are close to the most successful organisation in Australian sport along with the widcats
Why not try and mirror them
Simon garlick and the western bulldogs boys with others
Peter bell and Wallsy and the recruiting team
The board as well
Have from the outside looked and looking in like they are building an organisation on sustained success
Instead of worrying about the last 28 years
How cool is the next few years going to be
However long those few years

Last year was living proof of Ross lyons call anywhere anytime

I love it

my hill to die on

pav should never have played as a backman, centre half forward or midfielder.
only as a full forward. I did the maths once with a friend. we kinda agreed he would have finished with something like 950 goals over his career.

i can't remember the exact details but ill give a crack.

6 seasons as either a midfielder or a backman. in which he played something like 120 games. kicked 100 or so goals.
therefore as a forward. 350 games - 120 = 230 games as a forward. 700 - 100 = 600 goals as a forward.
600/230 which gives an approx average of 2.6.
then we reapply that; 2.6 times 120 = 310ish. so an extra 210 goals to his tally if he played forward all his career.

then what if he played full forward rather than center half forward.
he played second half of 2012 - retirement in that semi position of full forward.
hard to figure out because he was in the decline over this period. so we only have the second half of 2012 to go on if we reapply those numbers to his peak.
but basically i think another 10 goals on average per season. maybe more.
now we would be applying those numbers to the seasons 2000-2012.
so 12.5 season becomes another 125 goals.

600 + 310 +125 = 1035.
i've stuffed up here. but you get the picture.

He was one of the most courageous players to pull on our jumper!

This hit would have knocked out most players, He picked himself up, composed himself and slotted it through.

That is one of my most favourite Docker moment!

Just great, thanks Quay Club. What made it stratospherically brilliant was all the Eagles' Dogs baying as he ran in to kick. If premiership cups were won for booing the Eagles would have 35, one for every year since 1987 bar 2022 - they were a little quieter last year for some reason.

My apologies to 17 for hijacking a great post

The best thing that has happened to Fremantle as a club and as a business is the sacking of Steve rosich

I travel to the east for work a lot in SA
I took my young bloke to a dockers camp and was unlucky enough to see a Rosich press conference ( the glendining / Allen medal year )
The arrogance he showed the press that day was embarrassing
If he did that in the bush ….

I’ve always been of the opinion you model yourself on the best.
We have always used excuses as an excuse for our lack of success
West coast are close to the most successful organisation in Australian sport along with the widcats
Why not try and mirror them
Simon garlick and the western bulldogs boys with others
Peter bell and Wallsy and the recruiting team
The board as well
Have from the outside looked and looking in like they are building an organisation on sustained success
Instead of worrying about the last 28 years
How cool is the next few years going to be
However long those few years

Last year was living proof of Ross lyons call anywhere anytime

I love it
Welcome what a game, I hope you've got more where that came from.

He was one of the most courageous players to pull on our jumper!

This hit would have knocked out most players, He picked himself up, composed himself and slotted it through.

That is one of my most favourite Docker moment!

Undoubtedly a club defining moment. And if anything, the fact that it was McManus who managed that kick, the last guy you'd expect to slot a clutch set shot, is what made it so great.

My claim is more to do with his general skill level in the other 200 odd games he played.

Lobb isn't a very good forward. The only reason he kicked 36 goals last year is because he was the focal point of our great midfield with Tabs down most of the year. Tabs even kicked 7 goals in a game when he wasn't injured while Lobb's biggest haul was 5 playing all year.

Due to this, we won't miss him at all as Bailey Banfield could kick 40 if we play him there all of next year. Instead we'll use a combo of Tracey / Amiss & they will kick more than his output combined with less games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back