Opinion What is your most nonsensical Freo hill you'll die on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Due to this, we won't miss him at all as Bailey Banfield could kick 40 if we play him there all of next year. Instead we'll use a combo of Tracey / Amiss & they will kick more than his output combined with less games.

I'll be surprised if Banfield kicks 40 in his career and disappointed if he's given the chance over fitter, more skilled options as he was last year. This year we have even more options that are better.

Bailey is struggling to dispose of the ball in a way our forwards need to take marks
So nothing new this year then.

I’m looking forward to Banners being consigned to Peel and not having a genuine beef with the decision making behind that i.e. the players taking his spot are obviously better. There are probably half a dozen or more that I wouldn’t be surprised to see elevated ahead of him this year - Erasmus, Johnson, Worner, Wagner, Corbett, Emmett, Henry.

To his credit Banners has improved his game a lot over the last two years and played a couple of lovely little cameos. But he should only get a go now if there is a very deep injury list.

So nothing new this year then.

I’m looking forward to Banners being consigned to Peel and not having a genuine beef with the decision making behind that i.e. the players taking his spot are obviously better. There are probably half a dozen or more that I wouldn’t be surprised to see elevated ahead of him this year - Erasmus, Johnson, Worner, Wagner, Corbett, Emmett, Henry.

To his credit Banners has improved his game a lot over the last two years and played a couple of lovely little cameos. But he should only get a go now if there is a very deep injury list.

As critical as I am towards his kicking during the match sims the fact is he did kick goals frequently as a sub. He was probably one of the best subs for any team last year.

I believe if Nat Fyfe had nailed the 1st set shot in the 2013 GF we win that GF.

Seeing our best player kick 2 out of bounds on the full from set shots in the first 15 mins spooked the whole team that we kicked ourselves out of the game in the 1st half.

I think we kicked 4 shots on goal out of bounds.

Champion data said we had 29 shots on goal to Hawthorn they also said with the shots on the goal the expected score should have been Freo 94 to Hawthorn 88.

With fair umpiring, we win the 2013 GF. Sandi was used as playground equipment all game; should've had a free every single stoppage. Even that lousy holding the ball call which whatever-his-name-was dickhead got suspended for later was a 12-point turnaround in a 15 point game. We got screwed.

With fair umpiring, we win the 2013 GF. Sandi was used as playground equipment all game; should've had a free every single stoppage. Even that lousy holding the ball call which whatever-his-name-was dickhead got suspended for later was a 12-point turnaround in a 15 point game. We got screwed.

Yes this

Suban got caught holding the ball too in the middle of the ground. He got tackled and had no prior. Ump couldn't blow his whistle any quicker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should have put him forward last year if that was the case and left Logue down back.
I’m not sure he would be more than serviceable if he moved from the back line now. But if he had spent 5 years developing his skills and his body to optimize his forward potential I think he could have been really effective as a big key forward. Despite this I also think he’s an incredible defender and probably one of the most underrated players in the competition.

I’m not sure he would be more than serviceable if he moved from the back line now. But if he had spent 5 years developing his skills and his body to optimize his forward potential I think he could have been really effective as a big key forward. Despite this I also think he’s an incredible defender and probably one of the most underrated players in the competition.
He did one year forward and looked good. Then for some reason we made him a defender despite never having many forwards on the park. I thought it might be a Pav, skill up move but he obviously prefers it down back and is very good. We've even tried Pearce forward since then rather than Cox so for unknown reasons, I don't think Cox is ever going forward again.

Too right. I watched a replay and had us 6 goals up in the last quarter with Freo centric umpiring. Truly they got the technical calls going in their favour. The worst one for me was when we were less than a goal down in the 3rd quarter and Hodge soccered it three time to the boundary line without a deliberate being paid. Even under the older rules it was blatant.

Too right. I watched a replay and had us 6 goals up in the last quarter with Freo centric umpiring. Truly they got the technical calls going in their favour. The worst one for me was when we were less than a goal down in the 3rd quarter and Hodge soccered it three time to the boundary line without a deliberate being paid. Even under the older rules it was blatant.

Hodge had a separate set of rules. Protect a media personality rule.

Ling backed the dog in after he shirt fronted a players head into a point post. Tried his hardest to get him off before he went to the tribunal

You’ve done better than me, I’ve never watched a replay.
One day maybe. I go by memory and
the umps helped.
Imagine if Clarko lost the 2012, 13 GF?

You’ve done better than me, I’ve never watched a replay.
One day maybe. I go by memory and
the umps helped.
Imagine if Clarko lost the 2012, 13 GF?
I'm never going to watch a replay of that game. It was bad enough watching it live on the day (made my crushing hangover the next day twice as bad).

"Clarko" should definitely have lost the 2012 GF; Hawks should've been assessed a 50m penalty for almost every contest. So many after the whistle hits as to be ridiculous even then. They had identified the Swans as a better side, and decided to beat them up, and they didn't have the ability to do it in play. Not "antisocial" but actually outside of the rules.

AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH.

It's happening again.

AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH.

It's happening again.
Only 7 months to go and we'll never talk about it again.

I Hope Please GIF

We should have put him forward last year if that was the case and left Logue down back.
Logue isn't a great mark down back. Mistakes galore whenever he goes up for one. Mentally spooked.
Cox is more assured and calm down back. He has repeatedly said he wants to be a CHB All Australian, not forward. Hard not to deny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back