Opinion What is your most nonsensical Freo hill you'll die on?

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the reasons why noone talks about the 2013 Grand Final is because the Hawthorn's highlight package - the match-winning moments of play that won them the game - are littered with umpiring decisions that went their way.

Even on the Sunday Morning review show on Ch 9 - in reference to the Rioli tackle on Spurr in front of Hawthorn's goal, Damian Barrett piped up twice with the unanswered question: "Should that be holding the ball" ..."but is that holding the ball?". When you have someone like Barrett whose job it is to maintain the AFL status quo questioning a decision you know your team was stiffed.

There were bad decisions and there were 50/50's that went Hawthorn's way.

An example of what I'm saying is Gunston's goal just before 3/4. It was nice work to scramble back and stop the ball before it crossed the line, but before that he takes Duffield out of the contest with a bit of a shove in the back. If that was up our scoring end and it was Ballantyne on Guerra, or Mayne on Hodge and the umpire paid a free kick to the defender no-one would raise an eyebrow and say that Hawthorn were saved by the umpires.

But wait, the Dockers weren't robbed. there was one inconsequential free-kick for Hawthorn missed by the umps where David Hale wriggled his way out of a tackle that ended up with an hand around his neck.

I don't understand why most clubs won't play 25 to 28 players, and rotate them through your best 22.

I think mostly players would benefit from a week off every 6 or 7 games.
You'd have to be an extra level of good for teams to be able to do that, what happens if you lose because a key player was rested?

The messaging and communication would need to be loud and clear when a team does that, and I'm sure teams would draw the ire of AFL/Gambling companies as well.

You'd have to be an extra level of good for teams to be able to do that, what happens if you lose because a key player was rested?

The messaging and communication would need to be loud and clear when a team does that, and I'm sure teams would draw the ire of AFL/Gambling companies as well.

My theory has always been it may make you a goal worse team for one goal, but should improve you by a bit for the rest of season roughly a point for each game after.

The bits add up over the entire year, and by the end of the year you are a 1-2 goal better team.

That clearly Ross Lyon is a self-sabotage merchant....I mean.

Look at the scenario unfolding at the Kill Da - been back a matter of months at the Faints and they're in all sorts with their KF stocks. Clearly the Injury Warlord of the Ages!!!

MadEyeEmmy Sound familiar fams?! I just had to get that 'fams' reference in there, sorry Em! SLIGHT SERIOUS DISCLAIMER: It's the only reason I tagged her, she is in no way responsible/involved in this spluffing diatribe to follow.

So clearly the logic is there for all to see. Ross is the biggest problem Freo ever had - comes in, makes us 'look good', nab a granny (yeah, how you like THEM boobies eh, you salacious senior creepy coach you!)....good years...2013....2014/15.......yeah yeah. You ain't fooling anyone Rossy Lossy....wtf was 2016 then, and then what followed?! ....decimates the list with death-laser stares that are the real reason so many injuries piled up, NOT Spiderman Webber! I mean....I mean. C'mon.....

It's sooooooooooooooo obvious. So, off this basis, had we not had miasmic Liar Lyons - we WOULD clearly have won multiple Premierships - taken the footy world by storm, universally loved in ALL WA media outlets (!), Pav would be a glittered Premiership star walking the hall of fame with some swag, NOT the hall of fallow Freo shame - some washed up hackneyed Nine News journo wourno! "Now, over to Bob (not Murphy) for the weather update" - gahhhh, look what you did Ross, LOOK WHAT YOU DID!!!

Mundy would still BE playing, Barlow assistant coach after a stellar finish to his 3peat, DeBoer a bullocking future captain...Fyfe eternally loved. Ballantyne would be polite on a picnic...........the list is friggin' endless!!!

The people of BigFooty would be harmonious, hospitable....heavenly....hairy (I ran out nice 'h' words, sorry...) Not hapless, hard-nosed, harridan errr, hairy....heavies!!! YOU, Ross Lyon, always....you! The Bane of cockburn. Cockburn, alright....

Absolute garbage years under Ross!!! Clear as an azure sky of deepest summer, so says Alex (not Pearce)...right 'orror show!!

The mighty soon-to-be-50-goal-a-season Kersten would never have fallen out of favour (his name was Shane, his name was SHANE....for gawd's sakes!! So obvious...), wouldn't have upset Neale, never had to trade for Hogan until the end of the following year picking him up for peanuts as an uncontradicted player; no Lobb lobbing off (we NEED those goals dammit!) - all would be zen buddhist calm in your symmetrical garden, and we'd be Booker T style Premiers. 5 times, 5 times!!! 5 TIMES!! Say it, don't spray it....no need for boring batpoopies J-Lo to come in and fluff around, talk of post-rebuilding and Premiership contenders, yeah.....well....yeah, we'll just have to tick off the boxes....ffffss! MORE LIES!!

There, I said it. I don't care what pandora peaks box I opened up, it needed the air clearing. It needed to be....addressed.

I feel.....relief. At one with the mighty spirit, awash with emancipation and emollient creams. In alignment with the zen nadirs that only Matty Taberner can reach during a press conference! Ataraxia......the point where nirvana reaches the ticklies.....

P.S. I'm so unfit, I'm not sure I can make it to the top of the hill....more puff than a Bob Marley concert.....

Look at the scenario unfolding at the Kill Da - been back a matter of months at the Faints and they're in all sorts with their KF stocks. Clearly the Injury Warlord of the Ages!!!

MadEyeEmmy Sound familiar fams?! I just had to get that 'fams' reference in there, sorry Em! SLIGHT SERIOUS DISCLAIMER: It's the only reason I tagged her, she is in no way responsible/involved in this spluffing diatribe to follow.

So clearly the logic is there for all to see. Ross is the biggest problem Freo ever had - comes in, makes us 'look good', nab a granny (yeah, how you like THEM boobies eh, you salacious senior creepy coach you!)....good years...2013....2014/15.......yeah yeah. You ain't fooling anyone Rossy Lossy....wtf was 2016 then, and then what followed?! ....decimates the list with death-laser stares that are the real reason so many injuries piled up, NOT Spiderman Webber! I mean....I mean. C'mon.....

It's sooooooooooooooo obvious. So, off this basis, had we not had miasmic Liar Lyons - we WOULD clearly have won multiple Premierships - taken the footy world by storm, universally loved in ALL WA media outlets (!), Pav would be a glittered Premiership star walking the hall of fame with some swag, NOT the hall of fallow Freo shame - some washed up hackneyed Nine News journo wourno! "Now, over to Bob (not Murphy) for the weather update" - gahhhh, look what you did Ross, LOOK WHAT YOU DID!!!

Mundy would still BE playing, Barlow assistant coach after a stellar finish to his 3peat, DeBoer a bullocking future captain...Fyfe eternally loved. Ballantyne would be polite on a picnic...........the list is friggin' endless!!!

The people of BigFooty would be harmonious, hospitable....heavenly....hairy (I ran out nice 'h' words, sorry...) Not hapless, hard-nosed, harridan errr, hairy....heavies!!! YOU, Ross Lyon, always....you! The Bane of cockburn. Cockburn, alright....

Absolute garbage years under Ross!!! Clear as an azure sky of deepest summer, so says Alex (not Pearce)...right 'orror show!!

The mighty soon-to-be-50-goal-a-season Kersten would never have fallen out of favour (his name was Shane, his name was SHANE....for gawd's sakes!! So obvious...), wouldn't have upset Neale, never had to trade for Hogan until the end of the following year picking him up for peanuts as an uncontradicted player; no Lobb lobbing off (we NEED those goals dammit!) - all would be zen buddhist calm in your symmetrical garden, and we'd be Booker T style Premiers. 5 times, 5 times!!! 5 TIMES!! Say it, don't spray it....no need for boring batpoopies J-Lo to come in and fluff around, talk of post-rebuilding and Premiership contenders, yeah.....well....yeah, we'll just have to tick off the boxes....ffffss! MORE LIES!!

There, I said it. I don't care what pandora peaks box I opened up, it needed the air clearing. It needed to be....addressed.

I feel.....relief. At one with the mighty spirit, awash with emancipation and emollient creams. In alignment with the zen nadirs that only Matty Taberner can reach during a press conference! Ataraxia......the point where nirvana reaches the ticklies.....

P.S. I'm so unfit, I'm not sure I can make it to the top of the hill....more puff than a Bob Marley concert.....
Are you high?

I don't understand why most clubs won't play 25 to 28 players, and rotate them through your best 22.

I think mostly players would benefit from a week off every 6 or 7 games.

Probably players not wanting to miss out on match payments. Or losing their spots. I think the coaches like the consistency as well. Injuries kind of change up the team up anyway.

Bevo/Bulldogs are an example that comes to mind, with varying results.

Lemon Lime and Bitter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is the meaning of this?

What is the meaning of this?
It was just meant to be bad parody or satire. The idea that this thread is the "nonsensical hill", so I took that....somewhat literally and tried to be funny/entertaining. I was a bit bored at the time and thought I'd try my hand at something a bit....'different'.

It clearly backfired though and I'm not sure anyone picked it up. Or even cared. It was meant to be light-hearted but probably comes across as a bit self-indulgent, oh well.

We move on, life's a bit too short to stay still worrying about something inconsequential

It was just meant to be bad parody or satire. The idea that this thread is the "nonsensical hill", so I took that....somewhat literally and tried to be funny/entertaining. I was a bit bored at the time and thought I'd try my hand at something a bit....'different'.

It clearly backfired though and I'm not sure anyone picked it up. Or even cared. It was meant to be light-hearted but probably comes across as a bit self-indulgent, oh well.

We move on, life's a bit too short to stay still worrying about something inconsequential

Please don't feel bad/dejected! Quazar mate, your posts are sometimes out of leftfield but a delight to read!

Please don't feel bad/dejected! Quazar mate, your posts are sometimes out of leftfield but a delight to read!
It's not really a question of feeling dejected, I just did it for fun and I wasn't sure people 'saw' that, in the end it was more perhaps I'd written something a bit too silly maybe? I know how "serious" some folk take their footy and maintain that hardliner stance - I guess I'm not one of them, I morph in & out, and I enjoy off-the-wall banter, even more so at work which is hard to get!! That's what fires my juices, I guess. I dunno - but like I said it has no depth of meaning in the grand scheme of things, it was just another inconsequential post amongst the myriad others that get lost in the shuffle everyday. Nobody got hurt....I think?

The fact you had to ask the meaning shows it totally missed its mark, haha.

But anyway, thanks for the 'compliment' I'm not sure I've been described as leftfield, but I'm glad you enjoy the barbed nature of them. That's who I am, it's authentic in its nature, cos I am like that! Anything that takes the sting out of life when we've all been through some turbulence eh? It would be an even weirder world if we all liked the same biscuits, no..?!

It's not really a question of feeling dejected, I just did it for fun and I wasn't sure people 'saw' that, in the end it was more perhaps I'd written something a bit too silly maybe? I know how "serious" some folk take their footy and maintain that hardliner stance - I guess I'm not one of them, I morph in & out, and I enjoy off-the-wall banter, even more so at work which is hard to get!! That's what fires my juices, I guess. I dunno - but like I said it has no depth of meaning in the grand scheme of things, it was just another inconsequential post amongst the myriad others that get lost in the shuffle everyday. Nobody got hurt....I think?

The fact you had to ask the meaning shows it totally missed its mark, haha.

But anyway, thanks for the 'compliment' I'm not sure I've been described as leftfield, but I'm glad you enjoy the barbed nature of them. That's who I am, it's authentic in its nature, cos I am like that! Anything that takes the sting out of life when we've all been through some turbulence eh? It would be an even weirder world if we all liked the same biscuits, no..?!
I just assumed everyone liked Tim Tams? No...? 🤣:laughing:

:p

I just assumed everyone liked Tim Tams? No...? 🤣:laughing:

:p
faft ducker
schitts creek goodbye GIF by CBC

If Fremantle had a better coach in 03-07, would’ve won a flag.

The talent was there. Jl’s talent was wasted in the ruck- kicked 5 as a 19 year old in 2001. Forward should’ve been his position.

McPharlin should’ve been forward with Croad as CHB. Brown was wasted. Would’ve been a great FB.

04 and 05 was absolutely wasted. To go from 5th in 2003, and declined should’ve meant a new coach.
Medhurst as a midfielder was stupidity.

Actually can say the same thing about 2009-2013. Harvey wasted 2011 with the natural profession being top 4 in 11 and pushing for flag 2012 and 2013. Thankfully Lyon came in ASAP.

The talent was there. Jl’s talent was wasted in the ruck- kicked 5 as a 19 year old in 2001. Forward should’ve been his position.

McPharlin should’ve been forward with Croad as CHB. Brown was wasted. Would’ve been a great FB.

04 and 05 was absolutely wasted. To go from 5th in 2003, and declined should’ve meant a new coach.

Actually can say the same thing about 2009-2013. Harvey wasted 2011 with the natural profession being top 4 in 11 and pushing for flag 2012 and 2013. Thankfully Lyon came in ASAP.

2006 was our chance. I fully believe we beat the Weags in that GF.

Yes and yes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back