Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except that judges hear heaps and heaps of cases and reach different conclusions each time. E.g Henwood was one of the judges that rubbed out Jack Ziebell for attacking the ball and Chris Judd for being Chris Judd in the 2012 match against Carlton.

I'd say the evidence is going to have a lot more influence on their decision than any personal attitudes about stuff.

Unless of course that personal attitude comes in the form of a brown paper bag.

Neither will I.

But if is happens it is just another step closer to AFL no longer being a sport and just being sports entertainment.

Orchestrating outcomes dimenishs integrity.
100%

I really don't want to read "lack of evidence etc etc. don't worry we've tightened the clamps and this won't happen again. Policies in place blah blah"

So many will be disillusioned with this and it might be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Some people are gonna lose their s**t whatever happens. That's why a nice middle ground of 6 week suspension is good. Everyone is a little bit annoyed by it but no-one is utterly furious. Only issue is it wrecks the season.

Some people are gonna lose their s**t whatever happens. That's why a nice middle ground of 6 week suspension is good. Everyone is a little bit annoyed by it but no-one is utterly furious. Only issue is it wrecks the season.
6 weeks isn't middle ground, 1 year is, backdated 6 month bans for systematic doping would piss off most people.

cookie_monster_waiting.gif

Every time there has been an upcoming verdict there has been a pro-Essendon vibe in the media and the interwebz. And every time it has been proven wrong. I think the AFL and ASADA have learnt that the best thing is to say nothing and leave the airspace to the likes of Sheedy and Watson, as their blitherings will have not one iota of effect on the ruling.....of guilty. The debate will be around sentencing.....execution by firing squad or 20 hours playing card games at the senior citizens club....or perhaps something in between. That's when the next episode of fun begins.

Only realised yesterday that the judges are the same ones who got Barry Hall off a suspension for the AFL so they're darling Swans could win the Grand Final.

Makes me think they'll give the result which best protects the AFLs interests today. ie. No suspension or minimal games suspension.

They were appointed by the AFL as an independent tribunal for a reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When are we supposed to be advised of the outcome? I understand that the panel convene at 2, but what time is the verdict made public officially?

Days like this we miss rines. If she was around then we would all know already.
She'll be out front again, yeah?

91174_b52b50f0db2f811e8208f0b4976f979e.jpg

When are we supposed to be advised of the outcome? I understand that the panel convene at 2, but what time is the verdict made public officially?

According to today's Hun, what gets out officially will be up to the players. Asada can't disclose anything/much.

I think we're reliant on leaks for early news. I'll be listening to SEN. If the players get off Timmy will be first with da scoop.

Probably the second they say guilty/not guilty for each player.

IIRC the players are watching a stream of the event elsewhere, so nothing to stop them smsing/calling people straight away.

All the sheilas in that photo, bar one, are fat. Just an observation.
The amount of times you've allegedly been out on the piss, you would have picked up a few teletubbies in your time.

Guilty. 12 months suspension.
It's the only conclusion that makes sense[1]. I can wear a "no significant fault" outcome for the *players, but you have to reinforce that *athletes are responsible for what goes into *their bodies. This is not accidentally taking a sports drink on the wrong day or being a bit of an idiot with painkillers. This is hundreds of jabs in a program designed to enhance *performance.

Any bans of less than a season distort the competition too much, giving too much free percentage to the clubs that play them during the bans. I am fully aware that a full season ban gives extra advantage to the clubs they play twice, and have come to terms with the fact that our only two Friday games will be anticlimactic. I will however most probably force myself to go along to both and accept 20-goal thrashings as an unfortunate consequence of *their cheating.

[1]Assuming that the facts before the tribunal are broadly the same as what has been made public.

Probably the second they say guilty/not guilty for each player.

IIRC the players are watching a stream of the event elsewhere, so nothing to stop them smsing/calling people straight away.
Heppell straight on the phone to mummy.

doesnt each player get an individual verdict? Guessing it could take half hour, could take 2 hours.
I'm in it for the long haul, we've waited 2 years*, we can wait 2 hours as * slowly descends into chaos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back