WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

11169897_978756182143983_5627067204431973167_n.png

Why do they do this? Not even idiot kids call it that even after having it shoved down their throats.

The McMahons and now HHH are weird people. Successful but weird although one could see the success diminishing. Being bitchy like that is for the fans who pay money to see that garbage dished up. Eventually, the money will stop.

Why cast The Miz in a movie role when he is a bad guy on camera? Because that makes sense. Surely the straight-to-DVD will now not be a best-seller!

Are the McMahons now using wrestling as a vehicle to expand whatever brand they think they have? If so...this is not going to end well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember hearing that the SE term was used to avoid paying certain taxes or something, any truth to that?
I think it's classed in the same group as theatre, while if they called it wrestling they'd have to abide by state sporting commissions and stuff I think. Not entirely sure on that though

I think it's classed in the same group as theatre, while if they called it wrestling they'd have to abide by state sporting commissions and stuff I think. Not entirely sure on that though

I think that's along the lines of what I've heard.

I remember hearing that the SE term was used to avoid paying certain taxes or something, any truth to that?
Was always of the understanding it was how Vince got off the steroid trial , by saying it was " sports entertainment " and not " sports " ??

Legal trial
In 1993, McMahon was indicted in federal court after a steroid controversy engulfed the promotion and thus temporarily ceded control of the WWF to wife Linda.[111] The case went to trial in 1994, where McMahon was accused of distributing steroids to his wrestlers.[112] One notable prosecution witness was Kevin Wacholz, who had wrestled for the company in 1992 as "Nailz" and who had been fired after a violent confrontation with McMahon. Wacholz testified that McMahon had ordered him to use steroids, but his credibility was called into question during his testimony as he made it clear he "hated" McMahon.[113][114] The prosecution's intended star witness was Hulk Hogan, but this proved to backfire on the prosecution when Hogan testified that McMahon never told him to take nor tried to sell him steroids. McMahon himself testified that he had taken steroids during the 1980s.

The jury acquitted McMahon of the charges and he resumed his role in the day-to day operations of the WWF.

A little late but AJ did everything a woman in WWE can do. Was a central character of major storylines with male wrestlers, Divas Champion a bunch of times, General Manager for a while. If she'd stayed she wasn't going to win the International Championship that's for sure.

It won't be long until Wrestlemania is re-named to 'Sportsentertainia'

I could have sworn at last years mania I saw a 'Sportsentertainamania' sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back