2015 UFC Tipping

Remove this Banner Ad

Man, what a massive, massive weekend. Drove into Adelaide from Melbourne early on Saturday but unfortunately missed the weigh ins. Saw a few of the fighters around town on the Saturday getting food etc. which was cool. Had a BIG Saturday night so missed the first 2 fights but some random musings on the card
- Adelaide put on a good show... until the main event (ill talk about that later)
- Adelaide entertainment centre is really good
- Kailin Curran has no idea what she is doing on the ground, she won every second of that fight until she hung her arm out and stepped into an armbar. People in the crowd thought it was a fix cause it looked so ridiculous
- Ref stopping the Andrews fight cause Dylan got punched in the face was bizarre. Can only assume the Ref thought it was an eye poke but it was a clear a punch as you will ever see
- Rawlings is awesome on social media but has huge holes in her game. Lisa Ellis was a can given the Bec to look good
- Sam Alvey has amazing punching power. Ive seen Dan Kelly get hit by Heavyweights and walk through it and had the best post fight interview ive ever seen, endeared himself to the crowd after beating a former olympian.
- Webb beat Noke 29-28. This was a home crowd advantage win.
- Dan Hooker is good, that head kick finish deserved $50k
- Minor setback for Mathews. He was comfortably winning and on his way to an easy win but just made one mistake. Thats the difference at this level. He is 20 and will only get better. Not even joking he was making Vick look average for the first 4 minutes of that fight.
- First instances of the bad crowd were in the Perosh fight. He was out on his feet, not defending himself but the crowd booed the stoppage.
- Robert Whittaker might throw another million punches in the cage, none will ever be as pretty as the left (i think) that landed first. Closed range, uncorked it from the hips with his head protected and landed right on the button. It was beautiful and the atmosphere was electric for it. If youve never been to a UFC card and heard the crack of a punch like that make sure you do, its brilliant.
- The Hunt fight was awful. The crowd chanting "stand them up" or booing Miocic for "laying on him" and "not f**king working" was embarassing. Read later that Stipe broke the record for strikes landed... It showed. The referee should have stopped the fight in the 3rd round and a few educated fans and media types agreed later on, Hunts heart and an idiotic ref (and doctor) just took years off his life, this is also the sort of thing that haters of the sports use as fuel for the "ban the cage" argument. I left feeling dirty after this fight. Hunt was never in it (he looked gassed at the glove touch in the first round) but Stipe was fantastic, perfect game plan and execution, well done to him.

Overall a great card and weekend but the Hunt fight and crowd antics left a bad taste in my mouth and it wouldnt suprise me if the UFC doesnt come back to Adelaide.

Stipe Miocic via tko
Robert Whittaker via ko
Sean O’Connell via tko
James Vick via sub

#1 BradWCE -- (89) -- 1+0 = 90
#2 Guy Threepwood -- (84) -- 2+1 = 87
#3 WA ROO -- (76) -- 4+1 = 81
#4 Ross -- (79) -- 1+0 = 80
#5 d-mac3276 -- (78) -- 1+0 = 79
#6 bkozican -- (73) -- 1+0 = 74
#7 Phantom13 -- (65) -- 1+0 = 66
#8 Jab -- (53) -- 1+0 = 54
#9 Brett33 -- (52) -- 0+0 = 52
#10 Crimson Azure -- (49) -- 0+0 = 49
#11 Red Black and Blue -- (48) -- 0+0 = 48
#12 MMAPride Scott -- (39) -- 0+0 = 39

WA ROO Well done....Well done.

Faber - dec
Mousassi - sub
Barnatt - ko
Lim - dec
Chul Lam - dec
Eddiva - ko

I didn't have much interest in the Nover/Nam fight but tipping gave me a reason to sort of care. No way Nover won that fight. 1st round clearly Nover's. 3rd clearly Nam's. 2nd was Nam's too because the grappling was essentially even but Nam landed the better strikes.

Damn, 4 point turnaround with GT picking Nover by decision too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frankie Edgar via dec
Gegoard Mousasi via dec
Mark Munoz via dec
Neil Magny via tko
Phillipe Nover via dec
Levan Makashvili via dec

#1 BradWCE -- (90) -- 4+2 = 96
#2 Guy Threepwood -- (87) -- 5+2 = 94
#3 Ross -- (80) -- 5+3 = 88
#4 WA ROO -- (81) -- 5+1 = 87
#5 d-mac3276 -- (79) -- 4+2 = 85
#6 bkozican -- (74) -- 1+0 = 75
#7 Phantom13 -- (66) -- 3+2 = 71
#8 Jab -- (54) -- 0+0 = 54
#9 Brett33 -- (52) -- 0+0 = 52
#10 Crimson Azure -- (49) -- 0+0 = 49
#11 Red Black and Blue -- (48) -- 0+0 = 48
#12 MMAPride Scott -- (39) -- 0+0 = 39

It looks like there is only 7-8 tipsters left.

BradWCE There is a line of tippers ready to take your #1 spot :p

UFC 187 could be huge for the ladder.

I didn't have much interest in the Nover/Nam fight but tipping gave me a reason to sort of care. No way Nover won that fight. 1st round clearly Nover's. 3rd clearly Nam's. 2nd was Nam's too because the grappling was essentially even but Nam landed the better strikes.

Damn, 4 point turnaround with GT picking Nover by decision too.

My heart bleeds for you. :D The first and third rounds were clear as day, but the second was close. I probably would have leaned to Nam as well, but would want to watch it again and actually score it.

I crapped the bed on Makashvili. I remembered being impressed by Eddiva in his fight with Souza and did no research, figuring they'd match him well given he was fighting at home.

Main Card
Light Heavyweight Anthony Johnson vs. Daniel Cormier - Cormier Dec (So torn on this but im way behind and i think alot of people are on the Rumble train)
Middleweight Chris Weidman (c) vs. Vitor Belfort - Weidman Sub
Lightweight Donald Cerrone vs. John Makdessi - Cerrone KO
Heavyweight Travis Browne vs. Andrei Arlovski - Browne KO
Flyweight Joseph Benavidez vs. John Moraga - Benavidez Dec

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)

Flyweight John Dodson vs. Zach Makovsky - Dodson
Welterweight Dong Hyun Kim vs. Josh Burkman - Kim
Middleweight Uriah Hall vs. Rafael Natal - Hall
Women's Strawweight Rose Namajunas vs. Nina Ansaroff - Namajunas

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)

Welterweight Mike Pyle vs. Colby Covingtonv - Pyle
Lightweight Islam Makhachev vs. Leo Kuntz - Kuntz (gotta go that name dont you)
Flyweight Justin Scoggins vs. Josh Sampo - Sampo

Cormier Dec (No idea which way to lean, so I'm banking on DC making this fight look a lot like the Mir fight)
Weidman Sub
Carrone Sub (I'm expecting this to be more competetive than most people think)
Browne TKO
Benavidez TKO

Dodson
Burkman
Hall
Namajunas
Covington
Makhachev
Scoggins

Cormier- Decision
Weidman- Decision
Cerrone- Submission
Browne- TKO
Benavidez- Decision

Dodson
Hyun Kim
Hall
Namajunas

Covington
Makhachev
Scoggins

Rumble - ko
Weidman - ko
Cerrone - dec
Brown - ko
Benavidez - ko

Dodson
DYK
Hall
Namajunas
Covington
Islam
Scoggins

Have got to start stringing a few good weeks together or Im not gonna catch up.

Cormier - Decision
Weidman - Submission
Cerrone - Submission
Browne - TKO
Benavidez - Decision

Dodson
Kim
Hall
Namajunas
Covington
Makhachev
Scoggins

50/50 on Rumble/Cormier. Actually probably leaning towards Rumble slightly but picking Cormier because I want him to win. Kim fights like he has been lately and he'll probably lose. After getting KO'd last time I hope he'll tone it down a lot. No idea if he will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back