EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a quick question, didn't Abers change there jumper design a few years back but are now back with the original design. Why is that as I didn't mind the "new" design.

It was changed to the zebras type strip back in about 2000 when Harro was coaching us and then changed back to the original sky blue and navy blue yoke jumper a few years ago (I think 2012 for memory).

The new (original) jumper hands down - look and tradition..

The new design was s**t mate, tradition is what it's about, all the all old school hated it.
It was changed to the zebras type strip back in about 2000 when Harro was coaching us and then changed back to the original sky blue and navy blue yoke jumper a few years ago (I think 2012 for memory).

The new (original) jumper hands down - look and tradition..

Cheers boys.

All you need to do now is get Keilor to hand over the "blues" mascot name and they take the "bulldog".. Lol..

Great post and one with some facts for once.

Based on my calculations following last weekend's games the rumoured top spending sides had the following juniors playing:

Greenvale - 13
Strathmore - 10
Abers - 7
Keilor - 5
Pascoe Vale - 4
Avondale - 3

When you add in players who've been at clubs for three years or more it makes up in excess of 60% of the team from GV, SM and Abers.
Not to sure were you are getting your facts and figures from 'puffpuffgivemo' re calculating juniors being selected in the senior team for their relevant club last weekend but they are incorrect in a number of cases..

Aberfeldie's numbers could appear to be inflated last weekend as a number of high priced recruits aren't playing at the moment and most of Aberfeldie's home grown talent have only played one or two games for the season thus far. Wouldn't it be a far better exercise to do your calculations on continuity of games played by home grown talent, as this is were clubs gain true value out of their home grown talent. I wonder if Aberfeldie will once again drop their home grown talent to the reserves, as has been the case in the past, once the high priced recruits put their hand up to play again..

I'm not to sure why we should be making any sort of allowances after three years re perceived loyalty for individual players that have been receiving healthy weekly match payments..

The points system certainly doesn't manipulate where players can and can't play, it actually forces clubs to have a refined recruitment policy which requires making quality educated decisions as to which players they recruit to their club on a as needs basis rather than having a policy of just stock piling talent and matching or topping the best offer the player in question has on the table from rival clubs..

Last edited:
Am I correct in saying the allocated points per club is based on per game list, not overall list. If so clubs will still stockpile..

What really gets up my skin as a football follower is seeing a lot of good "contracted paid" players playing twos footy at certain clubs (not just Premier) when clearly they are good enough to play ones. I understand a few players might get dropped or are coming back from injury, but when I see more than 2 or 3 good players playing twos or these players playing continually in the twos is crazy, as for reasons of:
They would play ones at other clubs.
They are possibly getting paid to play twos, which is clearly ridiculous and what needs to stop..

Majority of clubs cannot afford to have there good players playing twos..

I don't wish to mention examples..

Also there is rain predicted so the ground will be muddy in the middle which should suit Keilor..
I can't see Abers losing after watching them last week, but maybe 22pts the margin..

[/QUOTE]
Clearly you have not seen other grounds. Last week, Greenvale was muddy in the centre. Few weeks back, Abers ground was also muddy in the centre. Just one of the legacies of sharing with cricket clubs. I assume from your comments, Paco's ground has a pristine playing surface that is the envy of the comp?

Also there is rain predicted so the ground will be muddy in the middle which should suit Keilor..
I can't see Abers losing after watching them last week, but maybe 22pts the margin..
Clearly you have not seen other grounds. Last week, Greenvale was muddy in the centre. Few weeks back, Abers ground was also muddy in the centre. Just one of the legacies of sharing with cricket clubs. I assume from your comments, Paco's ground has a pristine playing surface that is the envy of the comp?[/QUOTE]
To keep turbo happy about ground conditions teams should seriously look out putting in drop in pitches for the cricket season ;)

Clearly you have not seen other grounds. Last week, Greenvale was muddy in the centre. Few weeks back, Abers ground was also muddy in the centre. Just one of the legacies of sharing with cricket clubs. I assume from your comments, Paco's ground has a pristine playing surface that is the envy of the comp?[/QUOTE]
Clearly you have not seen other grounds. Last week, Greenvale was muddy in the centre. Few weeks back, Abers ground was also muddy in the centre. Just one of the legacies of sharing with cricket clubs. I assume from your comments, Paco's ground has a pristine playing surface that is the envy of the comp?
To keep turbo happy about ground conditions teams should seriously look out putting in drop in pitches for the cricket season ;)[/QUOTE]

Actually Paccos ground is in good nick and the centre area is pretty good to this point. But of Saturday rain and who knows.. Deefer & Milkman, don't take things to seriously but I was wondering why it's so muddy as we haven't had much rain thus far, and none on a Saturday, so are clubs protecting the areas during training nights after rain?? I suggest that covers are used when rain is expected..
Clearly we all agree that ground conditions are important to showcase good footy..

My point is clubs should take some care to look after grounds by protecting grounds and reducing traffic..

On Saturday a player from Pascoe Vale was running through the centre to get to a boundary thrown in, and his knee buckled. Result = out for season.. I'm sure we don't want to see this.. I'm just trying to raise the issue on ground conditions overall.

It's just a talking point but if people like to see football played on muddy grounds then I'm maybe talking to the wrong crowd..

Turbo u write a lot like JustOverHere? You even put two full stops at the end of your sentences..

Turbo = good cop
Just over = abers bashing

time for another name change perhaps

The new design was s**t mate, tradition is what it's about, all the all old school hated it.
The 'old school' seem to have a lot to say at Aberfeldie FC about a lot of things with minimal positive results over the past seasons!!..

"Tradition is what it's all about"!!..

"If you always do what you have always done"
'You will always get what you have always got"

Last edited:
Turbo u write a lot like JustOverHere? You even put two full stops at the end of your sentences..

Turbo = good cop
Just over = abers bashing

time for another name change perhaps

Flipperfeldie, I have one account champ, and don't have time to have 2 accounts. I'm already on here enough already yeah..

I'm taking a break now..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 'old school' seem to have a lot to say at Aberfeldie FC about a lot of things with minimal positive results over the past seasons!!..

"Tradition is what it's all about"!!..

"If you always do what you have always done"
'You will always get what you have always got"

It's people like you that I join the thing , I'm "sick of your crap" get a life elsewhere.

Actually Paccos ground is in good nick and the centre area is pretty good to this point. But of Saturday rain and who knows.. Deefer & Milkman, don't take things to seriously but I was wondering why it's so muddy as we haven't had much rain thus far, and none on a Saturday, so are clubs protecting the areas during training nights after rain?? I suggest that covers are used when rain is expected..
Clearly we all agree that ground conditions are important to showcase good footy..

My point is clubs should take some care to look after grounds by protecting grounds and reducing traffic..

On Saturday a player from Pascoe Vale was running through the centre to get to a boundary thrown in, and his knee buckled. Result = out for season.. I'm sure we don't want to see this.. I'm just trying to raise the issue on ground conditions overall.

It's just a talking point but if people like to see football played on muddy grounds then I'm maybe talking to the wrong crowd..[/QUOTE]

It depends on what is considered "good nick". You are focusing on the mud in the centre, caused by the need to share with cricket and have turf wickets and ignoring the condition of the rest of the ground. All the grounds that I have seen recently, Keilor, Greenvale, Strathmore and Abers, all have an excellent surface outside the wicket area, the Santa Anna grass is grass is great. I know Keilor go to great measures to protect the pitch area to make it suitable. Until we can get grounds dedicated to football, the muddy centre is a fact of life. And it applies to all grounds. For you to then suggest that Keilor will be more suited to muddy conditions, when Abers would have been playing under similar conditions on their home ground, does not make any sense.

It's just a talking point but if people like to see football played on muddy grounds then I'm maybe talking to the wrong crowd..

It depends on what is considered "good nick". You are focusing on the mud in the centre, caused by the need to share with cricket and have turf wickets and ignoring the condition of the rest of the ground. All the grounds that I have seen recently, Keilor, Greenvale, Strathmore and Abers, all have an excellent surface outside the wicket area, the Santa Anna grass is grass is great. I know Keilor go to great measures to protect the pitch area to make it suitable. Until we can get grounds dedicated to football, the muddy centre is a fact of life. And it applies to all grounds. For you to then suggest that Keilor will be more suited to muddy conditions, when Abers would have been playing under similar conditions on their home ground, does not make any sense.[/QUOTE]

Yes most grounds have turf wickets but let the grass grow before you start training over it. It's pretty simple. Yes I know you love your "home" ovals but use some common sense and train elsewhere until it's ready.. If you need to use another ground for a game so be it, as a couple of weeks can make a big difference. Anyway don't worry about it now..
With my reference to the conditions suiting Keilor I did watch the Sunday game vs Pacco and the conditions didn't help the skills as most people tried to avoid going through the middle. I'm sure you realise Abers have a strong line up and the conditions will make it a more tighter scrappy contest which surely suits Keilor. I know Abers have some "solid" mids but they do run and carry and break the lines a bit more than Keilor. That's all I was alluding to. Nothing untoward but I'm sure we all understand this..

Ok I'm finished on this subject. Good luck to your team tomorrow..

PS: why do the AFL schedule teams like Carlton on Friday nights? Would rather channel 7 put on and EDFL game as would be more entertaining.. Lol

Hey Puff, Ripper new scoreboard at Abers. "But" did they consider the correct place to put it as only half the ground can see it. Bit of a shame really. If your on the opposite side to the clubrooms you can't see it!! I think they should have put in in the far pocket (near the other car park) but most importantly DONT put them right on the fence line but back so everyone can see it..
Was this another council decision or a club decision? I was on the 50 basically opposite the Gorillas and couldn't see it..

Anyway just wanted to let you know my thoughts, as the Abers ground is a good ground to watch footy from ( if not the best as no cars around ground), and all areas of the ground are used..

Yes most grounds have turf wickets but let the grass grow before you start training over it. It's pretty simple. Yes I know you love your "home" ovals but use some common sense and train elsewhere until it's ready.. If you need to use another ground for a game so be it, as a couple of weeks can make a big difference. Anyway don't worry about it now..

its pretty simple train at another ground, lol who is this guy, clubs cant just magically train on other grounds because they want centre wicket to grow grass...its a fact of life get over it

Hey Puff, Ripper new scoreboard at Abers. "But" did they consider the correct place to put it as only half the ground can see it. Bit of a shame really. If your on the opposite side to the clubrooms you can't see it!! I think they should have put in in the far pocket (near the other car park) but most importantly DONT put them right on the fence line but back so everyone can see it..
Was this another council decision or a club decision? I was on the 50 basically opposite the Gorillas and couldn't see it..

Anyway just wanted to let you know my thoughts, as the Abers ground is a good ground to watch footy from ( if not the best as no cars around ground), and all areas of the ground are used..
By this point I'm not sure if you're trolling but I'll bite anyway..
Firstly - clubs do train on other grounds during preseason and do what they can prevent the grounds being chopped up during the year but as stated it's part and parcel with sharing grounds with cricket clubs. It isn't just a symptom of a few over eager footy clubs - it happens state wide!
As for the scoreboard, they would have placed it where the majority of people could view it, as such it is in the correct spot.

It's people like you that I join the thing , I'm "sick of your crap" get a life elsewhere.
From your response I'm guessing you are a member of the long time suffering 'old school' supporters, that are upholding the Aberfeldie FC traditions!..

I can sense your frustrations.. Sometimes the truth hurts!..

My Prayers and thoughts go out to the young bloke from Northern and his Family..

Absolutely devastating what occurred today,

To the Trainers, from both Northern Saints and Avondale Heights..

You all did a wonderful job, never think anything less... we all appreciate the care and effort from everyone today, you all did your best :thumbsu:

Let's hope and pray that he pulls through this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back