Preview Round 22 Changes vs. Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I f Sonny was out surely Crosier would be the one held over.Spurr has been sore the last couple of weeks.
Salim didn't Croz play for Peel today? Have heard that Sonny miss next 2 weeks. Not ideal, seem to be copping late injuries again. Also have players bit underdone as well as the injuries we have .

Salim didn't Croz play for Peel today? Have heard that Sonny miss next 2 weeks. Not ideal, seem to be copping late injuries again. Also have players bit underdone as well as the injuries we have .

Yeh he did but the point I was making was that if Sonnys was doubtful they would have kept over Crosier to replace Sonny not Duffield'
You might be onto something though because Sonny didn't train yesterday.

Yeh he did but the point I was making was that if Sonnys was doubtful they would have kept over Crosier to replace Sonny not Duffield'
You might be onto something though because Sonny didn't train yesterday.
Yeah agree totally . Be interested to see who plays forward. Ibbo forward is the whisper.

AP was obviously sore against North and shin splints are no fun. Would still like to see Tabs play if it is dry enough.

Duffield until last week was playing badly in the WAFL even. As I recall his early career he was one of those players who never did really shine at WAFL level and also struggled to get a regular at AFL level on the wing and HFF until eventually he was put in the back pocket and secured his spot. Agree we need his disposal, not sure what happened this year to make his form drop so badly. Experienced player and user like him would be good if he recapture that for finals.

AP was obviously sore against North and shin splints are no fun. Would still like to see Tabs play if it is dry enough.

Duffield until last week was playing badly in the WAFL even. As I recall his early career he was one of those players who never did really shine at WAFL level and also struggled to get a regular at AFL level on the wing and HFF until eventually he was put in the back pocket and secured his spot. Agree we need his disposal, not sure what happened this year to make his form drop so badly. Experienced player and user like him would be good if he recapture that for finals.
Where did it say AP had shin splints??

Yeah all these whispers are starting to sound a bit stupid and unlikely

It hasn't been said at this point, but he's had the problem previously
Time will tell I suppose. Especially if first post is correct.. Wouldn't have said if nothing in it ???

Would we rest players for Port if Eagles won? Would we just be happy with top 2, Or go for top spot?

I think he will go for it. He might rest Macca and Pav, but otherwise he will play a full squad. Ideally you would want Hawks and the Eagle to belt each other, so if they made the prelim they would be more fatigued against us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't remember much forward play. Duffield played mostly through the middle in early days/WAFL off memory. He was OK at it, but had a bit of a work rate issue. Not that he couldn't run all day, he's actually got quite a tank, it's more the 'repeat effort' thing in the contest that was his down fall. As you say, he found his niche as as HB flanker.

I said it above, my guess is he simply wasn't getting his hands on it enough and being attacking enough from round 4 or so on. Ross has built a style that requires even more drive off the back half than previously and if the players there aren't doing it, he'll find those who do - hence Sutty and Shero pretty much own their spots now and Hill is drawing deeper more often to collect the ball too.

Alex and Connor were both at Peel yesterday and sitting in front of us and both looked very healthy and happy.They went out to the huddles and again looked fine.Ross apparently went home sick so he might be a late withdrawal.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back