Preview Round 22 Changes vs. Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the contrary I felt in the first 8 rounds his kicking (along with C and D Pearce) was incredible. In fact against Sydney, WCE and NM we were averaging around 85%-90% Disposal Efficiency with all of those guys accumulating a lot of the footy.

Actually you're right, on Duffield in particular. I said above that he wasn't great with ball in hand, that isn't quite right. Those first few rounds he seemed in good form, the issue is that after about round 4 or so he went through a very lean patch where he just wasn't in the game enough. He simply wasn't getting his hands on the ball and when he did, he wasn't being particularly damaging. That's my memory.

Too many talls for a possible wet game? going off afl website there no injury. Hope we can kick a bag at Peel
  • Alex Pearce (Omitted)
  • Nat Fyfe (Leg)
  • Hayden Crozier (Omitted)

AP looked like he needed a rest last week. Probably the right move.

Keen to see Langdon on the park, even though it'll probably only be for a quarter.

Edit; Could Macca be a late out with Dawes not playing? Do we risk him?

Our scores against from turnovers are atrocious...Danyle is part of that...

It needs to be addressed, and I would take Duffield getting 5 or 6 less possessions and not turning the ball over...his lack of physicality also is not as badly exposed on a wing
Sorry, but Danyle is hardly the culprit. He is one of a few, could say Spurr, Suttclife as well Sheridan were equally as guilty of turnovers the last few weeks. Duffield isn't and never has been a wing player. He has had his chances and when dropped gets a few weeks of great form then drops off significantly. He's deservedly on the outer. The reason Pearce is playing is we don't have an outside, pacey winger ready to step in. Yes maybe Weller or Langdon can do that role, but that's only imaginary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pearce has played the last 9 games in a row, let's not forget that as good as he's been he's still a skinny second year tall. Good decision, we're gonna be needing him primed for Sept/Oct.

Super excited about seeing Langdon, again even if it's only the one quarter.

Alex didn't train and spent most of the morning signing autographs and posing for the camera.Also spent a lot of time with what looked like his family group.He has more strapping on his ankles and lower legs than an injured race horse.Didnt train Wed either.He doesn't seem to be injured ,resting up you would imagine.

Alex didn't train and spent most of the morning signing autographs and posing for the camera.Also spent a lot of time with what looked like his family group.He has more strapping on his ankles and lower legs than an injured race horse.Didnt train Wed either.He doesn't seem to be injured ,resting up you would imagine.

Sounds like selecting him this week would have been downright negligible then.. Honestly I wouldn't have minded Tabs coming in instead of Pav this week either but I understand it'll be important for Pav to find some good form in the last two weeks.

Sounds like selecting him this week would have been downright negligible then.. Honestly I wouldn't have minded Tabs coming in instead of Pav this week either but I understand it'll be important for Pav to find some good form in the last two weeks.

If it's dry hopefully they swap tabs in for clancee

Can't see what we gain by playing Duffield again, far too slow and a shadow of his former self.
he's been doing better than some players in the WAFL - he's been part of this team for years and deserves to share in their success. He's no slower than Sutcliffe or Mzungu and is a great leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back