Training Pre-Season Training, News & Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

BTW, it was a little joke. You know, like - "I was reading the Obituaries the other day." Reply: "Did you see your name there." Hahaha

You should lighten up a little 'Bully'.
I check the obituaries each day to see if I'm in it.If I am then no use doing anything.

;)

Jimmy doesn't look to happy here as the boys all have a bit of a laugh.I reckon the old bird has just hit on him.:D
211941_42d774fb60b741b349c3bb42de0a8926.jpg
Probably because he got shunted to the end of the row.

Any chance we can debate the content of the posters viewpoint you don't agree with rather than what we've been witnessing on this board for a while now ... Vitriol, attack, personal vendettas and insults.

We have the best board on the site but its deteriorated to the point where I'd hazard a guess people have shied away for that reason.

MOD NOTICE:

Cleaned up this mess.

Stay on topic.

And FWIW all that came about from a person getting a reissued Birth Certificate - that had nothing to do with either of the contributors to the mess.

Lighten up and keep the s**t talking out of the threads.

GO Catters

I know a Richmond supporter and a Pies supporter that seem to have lots of info about training results at their respective clubs. I come to this thread for my training news but I can't pass on as many training details (lots of photos of Danger though). Is there another source of fan reports from our training that people are reading? Or do those other teams have more posters with the time to attend sessions?

I know a Richmond supporter and a Pies supporter that seem to have lots of info about training results at their respective clubs. I come to this thread for my training news but I can't pass on as many training details (lots of photos of Danger though). Is there another source of fan reports from our training that people are reading? Or do those other teams have more posters with the time to attend sessions?

I'm not sure of the other teams boards but this is where all official and fan based reports of training and presseason info is posted.

We have several posters that have been to sessions and reported back. Most time there are links posted here to be GFC pages when new media reports are released.

There has also been lots of individual interviews with players linked here and also on those players own pages where they exist.

IM very grateful for those posters that do go and report back. As for who does it, not sure of how the numbers compare to other boards.

Also, it may be related to the number of open sessions to the public. Other clubs may have more public sessions. I don't know that it's just a thought.
Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong make things pretty difficult. I have been kicked out 3 times in recent past. On two occasions nothing unusual was happening and the other occasion because a Skills/strategy session was going to start. Very happy to vacate on the one occasion but when training is just running, one on one drills , small group work etc whats the problem?

Scott said recently (international rules experience [I think]) that its almost impossible to keep intellectual property in house these days anyway [player and coach movement]. So what is an amateur going to spot and pass on the to world that will make a difference? Why not open up a small section of seating (where the gates have to be open anyway) for interested members? Ask them to leave if anything novel is to be enacted.

Reporting would be no different to what has occurred this year from Elderslie/College/ West KP. Just more regular. General interest stuff but enough for members /posters to have something concrete to work with - rather than argue over "thin air" all day long.

AFL has one huge disadvantage- the 4 months of nothing. Its enough to get me started on the EPL. I am hoping the move to Deakin goes ahead because then we should be in a position to see more training as it happens.

Thanks Catswhiskers and Dazbroncos. I dote on every word written by the people in this thread. Well not every word but the write ups in particular. I'd love to contribute if I lived near Geelong even though I'm actually a poor judge of talent ('everyone looks ripped and incredible...so yeah')

The part about being kicked out was interesting to here. This year feels a little more open. Hopefully its a sign of better things to come. We've been traditionally cagey on injuries, and that now seems a lot more transparent.

I'll keep refreshing this thread every few hours then. Nice to know I'm watching the right place. And to those that do the training observations, I can't thank you enough. They are gold to plenty of us.

Any chance we can debate the content of the posters viewpoint you don't agree with rather than what we've been witnessing on this board for a while now ... Vitriol, attack, personal vendettas and insults.

We have the best board on the site but its deteriorated to the point where I'd hazard a guess people have shied away for that reason.

Absolutely.

Great post.

I'm one of those who are shying away from coming here too much anymore, for the very reasons you've outlined. This board isn't what it used to be.

Absolutely.

Great post.

I'm one of those who are shying away from coming here too much anymore, for the very reasons you've outlined. This board isn't what it used to be.
That's a damn shame because your contributions and input I value highly, but yes, it's a reason I don't post in here as frequently as I'd like, particularly last year.

There's a good feeling at the club this pre-season, people should bury the hatchet and contribute for how this board was intended. Insight and opinion, and in a constructive way.

Now, how good is PFD.

That's a damn shame because your contributions and input I value highly, but yes, it's a reason I don't post in here as frequently as I'd like, particularly last year.

There's a good feeling at the club this pre-season, people should bury the hatchet and contribute for how this board was intended. Insight and opinion, and in a constructive way.

Now, how good is PFD.

Thank you.

When I first joined BF the discussions were, by and large, kept on topic and posters conversed with little of the venom, insult and vindictiveness that seems to plague this board now.

I'm nowhere near as knowledgeable as others here, and it's sad that the quality and quantity of knowledge available is too often side-tracked by petty bickering, point scoring and insults.

PFD? Oh boy, I'm quietly excited :)

Seeing how he integrates within the midfield, how he plays, the skill he brings and the accelerated learning curve of those around him is something to look forward to.

But I'm also excited to see what Scooter, Hendo, Smith, Cocky, Stanley, Vardy, Kolo & Co all bring to the table, and what effect it has our on team dynamic, game plan etc.

Great to see there is also minimal injury and improved fitness, by all accounts.

Looking forward to a revitalised GFC!

I don't think that this actual amount of "venom" has increased rather that it has been a lot more in the forefront brought on the decrease performance at our club. It's easier to for the general s**t stirring to be ignored when your winning 16+ games a year.

All of this made worse by the fact that it's the offseason, a football forum when there is no football doesn't leave much to be discussed. Anything that could have been was done so around 2 months ago, what is left is those who are willing to argue in circles, see the Scott thread. The feeling around here should improve once the season actually starts especially if we are playing well.

I don't think that this actual amount of "venom" has increased rather that it has been a lot more in the forefront brought on the decrease performance at our club. It's easier to for the general s**t stirring to be ignored when your winning 16+ games a year.

All of this made worse by the fact that it's the offseason, a football forum when there is no football doesn't leave much to be discussed. Anything that could have been was done so around 2 months ago, what is left is those who are willing to argue in circles, see the Scott thread. The feeling around here should improve once the season actually starts especially if we are playing well.

You might be right - maybe the volume hasn't changed but it seems more toxic these days.

Some seem more intent on attacking the poster than posting a constructive counter-argument. But as you say, the unrest over the decreased performance, and boredom in the off-season doesn't help.

A lot to look forward to though. Here's hoping the quality of play, and posting, both improve in 2016.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back