Player Watch Pick #7 (2012) - Ollie Wines

Remove this Banner Ad

..... Good to hear him say almost exactly what I did - that Adelaide is as much his home as Melbourne considering he is from Echuca. ......
"Obviously my family is in country Victoria so I wouldn't be quite at home in Melbourne"

Why is it so hard for so many people in the media to understand that?

Lol Port men Ridell and Abernethy on 7 news having some fun with Ollie's quote. There could be a new Dangerfield in town, the trouble for crows' fans is he's at Alberton.

Haha so what does the first AA news report after Ollie's interview state? Olliw Wines has told FiveAA he only took two years as he wants to consider free agency. Of all the things he said, why did that take that ONE sentence and twist it ??? If there was any doubt at all about them being A Crows conduit it was proven once and for all today.
I wasn't listening properly but I'm sure the news reader on aa said he only signed for two years so he can keep his options open.
Nice way to try to twist his signing as a negative.

Time to go watch his press conference for myself.

Doesn't this contract still leave him with a year to go before he can consider himself a restricted free agent?

Could be because he is planning to stay longer, or it could be that he will ask for a trade after those two years and give the club the best bargaining position picks wise should he leave. Devils advocate I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i wonder if his brother Harry is in the mix for AFL? If so that may be a factor in deciding what he does in 2 years. Yes this is a desperate attention-seeking post, but on the other hand I could look like a prophet in 2 years.

i wonder if his brother Harry is in the mix for AFL? If so that may be a factor in deciding what he does in 2 years. Yes this is a desperate attention-seeking post, but on the other hand I could look like a prophet in 2 years.

I think there would be buzz by now if that was on the cards.

I wasn't listening properly but I'm sure the news reader on aa said he only signed for two years so he can keep his options open.
Nice way to try to twist his signing as a negative.

Time to go watch his press conference for myself.
Yes, each news bite every half hour changes slightly. In the second news announcement he said it was to keep his options open but in the announcement 30 mins earlier the reader said the words free agency as the reason Ollie only signed for two.

Could be because he is planning to stay longer, or it could be that he will ask for a trade after those two years and give the club the best bargaining position picks wise should he leave. Devils advocate I guess.
I think he will want to be paid fairly and I am sure we will come to the table with a satisfactory deal. Remember, even Danger took unders this year to be at his club of choice, and Port is definitely Ollie's club of choice.

I think neither Ollie, his manager or Port are stupid.

If he signs a 2 year contract now when contract talks come around again he can go for a massive increase again on his current pay, if he had a long contract he could become underpaid for his abilities if he continues his growth.

Once FA comes into play for him that will be when his manager will find out his worth and ask Port to match it.

Yeah Ollie's first couple years in the AFL have been Selwood like. If he has a full season this year and performs, then rolls that into a huge 2017 he could seriously be a gun on the level of player like Fyfe. If you've got that sort of potential you dont sign a long term deal. Hamish on the other hand knows how good he'll be he's already at his peak, 6 years for him is nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back