Training Report - 12/02

Remove this Banner Ad

- There was some tallish, elegant left footer with a lovely loping gait (not sure who it was - didn't have a number on his back so suspect someone from the VFL list). Beautiful kick of the football.
Probably the AIS academy U/18 kid who is training with us this pre-season, which this link says is Jack Scrimshaw, who seems to fit your description.

After a top secret training regime at the club during the 2015 season

Kel Pie is our secret weapon for 2016

2RuE3Fw.jpg
Shouldn't he be wearing number K9?

Based on everything I've seen it's looking more and more likely that Witts will be our number 1 ruck come round 1. Grundy might wanna pull his finger out at the intraclub and perform well at the NAB challenge if he wants his throne back.

Fwiw I'm not more in favour of Witts or Grundy, as long as we don't play both at the same time I'm happy
Based on what I saw at training today of the three ruck men, Cox is the best tap ruck man, Grundy is the best at working the length the ground and Witts is the best at leading and marking the ball. Adding to the mix, White was taking turns in the ruck in the middle and performing quite well. My guess is two of these four will start the first game of the season, but really not much between them.

Based on what I saw at training today of the three ruck men, Cox is the best tap ruck man, Grundy is the best at working the length the ground and Witts is the best at leading and marking the ball. Adding to the mix, White was taking turns in the ruck in the middle and performing quite well. My guess is two of these four will start the first game of the season, but really not much between them.
Based on last years form.....all of those guys just need to build a good fitness base to be decent ruckman. Individually they are OK but need better fitness so they can contest the ruck and then offensively to hurt a team

• Just a point about Treloar, he effortlessly moves from one end of the ground to the other, he inevitably finds himself in the right spot on the field to take the receive and he inevitably disposes of the ball to the right teammate. In short, he's elite in everything he does.
I hate those sorts of players ( when they are in opposition colours)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

COLLINGWOOD REPORT

Bec Williams, who was out watching Collingwood at Olympic Park this morning, has just sent through a report from this morning's session, which included match simulation.

Recruit Adam Treloar was one of the club’s new faces to impress during the match simulation, but the Magpies continue to manage the former Giants’ midfielder.

Young forward Darcy Moore was also prominent up forward during the match-play.

Tyson Goldsack continues to build up his workload in his recovery from the knee tendinitis that hampered him last year.

Goldsack, who had surgery at the end of last season, joined in most of the work at training except for the match simulation.

Jamie Elliott was restricted to running drills as he continues to overcome a back niggle that has hampered his pre-season so far.

The Magpies’ match practice was interrupted by a dog that ran on to the field, prompting plenty of quips on social media about frisbees after Jeremy Howe’s freak finger injury.

So they are saying Treloar was told not to go at 100% and I guess lack of Time.

Great to Hear about Moore

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n/news-story/b09b81d2515ded4cf8844949bb3ed1cf

Wouldn't expect to see too much of Treloar in either of those games TD!

Well I say play a Qtr or 2 in the Intra Club and IF he plays the 1st NAB Challenge Game. He will play a Half as you can changed players at Half Time

Well I say play a Qtr or 2 in the Intra Club and IF he plays the 1st NAB Challenge Game. He will play a Half as you can changed players at Half Time
Perhaps he'll have a run around in the intra club, but I can't see him playing very much nab at all, perhaps nab 3 only. The club has and will continue to take the conservative approach and build him up towards unleashing him Rd1.
Don't get too excited after today's training report

Perhaps he'll have a run around in the intra club, but I can't see him playing very much nab at all, perhaps nab 3 only. The club has and will continue to take the conservative approach and build him up towards unleashing him Rd1.
Don't get too excited after today's training report

I doubt he would miss all of the Nab Challenge as he still be out of Touch a bit. Unless he plays a bit in the VFL Practise Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back