2011 Trade Talk (not draft talk) #2

Remove this Banner Ad

OK.. The crows have now recruited Lewis Johnston aswell as Tom Lynch! That's two highly rated KPP youngsters. Surely, surely tippett is gone? Also, i wouldn't have minded getting Lewis Johnston!

From the Herald Sun less than an hour ago.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...gap-for-brisbane/story-fn69a32t-1226167416434

Brisbane have not given up hope of striking a deal with Adelaide for the Crows' star big forward Kurt Tippett, who wants to return to his home state of Queensland.

Tippett, 24, and 203cm, would be an ideal Clark replacement.

But Brisbane have confirmed 21-year-old, 196cm Hawthorn key position player Jordan Lisle is also on their radar.

I'd say Tippett is still very much on the agenda.

From twitter:

emmasq Emma Quayle
Jordan Lisle to Brisbane is as good as done. They're just deciding which draft pick it'll take. Might take until Monday but will go through.

Emma Quayle on Twitter.

Jordan Lisle to Brisbane is as good as done. They're just deciding which draft pick it'll take. Might take until Monday but will go through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone think that Brendon Whitecross from the Hawks would be interested in coming home??? And do you think his role as a defensive forward would work at the Lions?

Pick 30 would be fair wouldn't it?.

27 would be more like it; big kid with plenty of improvement in him. Gave Chris Dawes a bath in his second game. Not first preference for the coaching staff but wants more playing time.

Asking for anything higher than that is likely an ambit claim. We still one more fish to fry and Jordan will likely stay at Hawthorn if a deal can't be struck.

Does anyone think that Brendon Whitecross from the Hawks would be interested in coming home??? And do you think his role as a defensive forward would work at the Lions?

He's not up for trade. Very good season and much is expected of him.

While somewhat ambiguous, the quotes from Kerr in this article seem to indicate that we're not going to get Tippett (this year).

But Kerr is confident a quick resolution can be reached with Black and several other uncontracted Lions, particularly now the club's push to secure Adelaide's Kurt Tippett appears lost.

"We were making a serious pitch for Kurt through the trade period and as a result of that we needed to maintain some flexibility within our salary cap," Kerr said.

"There were a few players who we expressed that to. Now we know our position, we will be tying those things up."

Pick 34 for Lisle is the deal from what I hear.

10am I was told it was 29.

If it was 34 I'd be disappointed. No idea why for the sake of five slots, but I would.

While somewhat ambiguous, the quotes from Kerr in this article seem to indicate that we're not going to get Tippett (this year).

Would appear beyond any doubt really that Tippett isn't coming this year. Unless Kerr's either lying, playing hard ball with Adelaide (very unlikely he'd do it like this, barely even works), is confused, or there will be a late play by the Crows. Can't really see any of those being true. I reckon we found out yesterday afternoon when Clark said Freo or PSD that we weren't getting Kurt, and that was when Lisle became the target. Hope we pick up an absolute star with pick 8 and in 10 years we can all look back and be thankful we didn't trade it for Tippett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back