NFL 2012 NFL Pre-Season - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Texans, Steelers,ravens and pats will fight it out for the AFC San Diego the smoky

Packers, 49ers, Bears and eagles best picks for the NFC the giants the "smoky" if they can be dubbed that...Lions also a contender from the WC if they can get a stop on defense..

Like always happens every year, out of the 12 playoff teams the previous year, roughly about 8 make it back the following year. Always new teams in the playoffs.

The question is...which teams from both conferences will be the new playoff teams, and thus, which of the previous will miss out.

Hard to say right now of course, but off the top of my head I would say the new possible playoff teams will come from....

AFC: Jets, Chargers, Bills, Titans, Colts (yes Colts)

NFC: Eagles, Bears, Vikings, Cowboys, Seahawks, Panthers, maybe Buccaneers.

They should have got Peyton a good WR. Plus Denver has a tough draw this season. The pats have the easy draw like usual.

They should have got Peyton a good WR. Plus Denver has a tough draw this season. The pats have the easy draw like usual.
How can you make that assessment at this time of year?

Titans, Cardinals, Ravens, Broncos, Seahawks, Jets, Texans, 49ers. That's 8 teams and 9 games where I'd be nervous of playing right now, and the Dolphins, Bills, Jaguars, heck, even Rams won't be pushovers.

The teams they're playing have enough potential to challange the Patriots that they could finish anywhere from 16-0 to 1-15 (In your dreams Colts, no chance in hell)

How can you make that assessment at this time of year?

Titans, Cardinals, Ravens, Broncos, Seahawks, Jets, Texans, 49ers. That's 8 teams and 9 games where I'd be nervous of playing right now, and the Dolphins, Bills, Jaguars, heck, even Rams won't be pushovers.

The teams they're playing have enough potential to challange the Patriots that they could finish anywhere from 16-0 to 1-15 (In your dreams Colts, no chance in hell)

RoseMVP has a tendency to flip-flop on his own opinions, DB.. take his opinion here like a grain of salt. (ie: Romo) I agree that any team can crumble in any given season. I'm sure most remember the Dolphins 1-15 campaign of 2007 when they lost SIX games by a FG. That's how tight the NFL comp is. Not saying they were a play-off team that season but the FACT still remains.. in 2008, the 'Fins won the AFC East despite losing four of their first six!! Dolphins won 7 games by a TD or less in 2008.

To quote Mike Tomlin regards the evenness of the NFL , "It's a fine line between drinking wine and stomping grapes". Pats have been phenomenal over the journey of being under BB. But it only takes a couple divisional losses to division foes to immediately put themselves on the back foot and miss the play-offs.

I've been talking up Cleveland Browns & Oakland Raiders for a couple seasons now :eek: but they've failed to come good despite showing some promise in knocking over play-off teams. Never know what happens next in the NFL.
Teams capitulate after fast starts and others fly under the radar then make a statement when we least expect them. That's how ridiculously volatile and exciting the NFL has become. No place for the faint hearted. No sirrree.
nono.gif

I live in hope my Steelers can find ways to scrap by the division foes and other opponents on the schedule... UgLY wINS have long been part of Steeler winning season culture.
yep.gif
Everyone is under the pump.. that's how I like it. :p No excuses..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Tom Brady plays every game

Pats will go at worst 13-3

They will have homefield advantage in the playoffs. They are easy my tip for the AFC. However Chargers and Steelers are the smokey. Steelers got the steal of the draft with Decastro. Chargers just had a crap year last year. I don't like the Texans due to Schaub. He is a average QB at best. TJ Yates did well last year when they needed him.

Question for Titans fans will Jake Locker start this year? Really liked his game at the college level.

The Vikings stadium bill goes up for vote tonight our time. Should know if the bill is dead or still alive by tomorrow morning. It's only the lower house tonight, so even if it passes there, there's still a senate vote after that.

If Tom Brady plays every game

Pats will go at worst 13-3

They will have homefield advantage in the playoffs. They are easy my tip for the AFC. However Chargers and Steelers are the smokey. Steelers got the steal of the draft with Decastro. Chargers just had a crap year last year. I don't like the Texans due to Schaub. He is a average QB at best. TJ Yates did well last year when they needed him.

Schaub average QB?? :confused:

Sure having a beast like Johnson at wide-out makes life pretty easy but Schaub ain't no hack.

Personally this is how I rate the QBs.

Tier 1:
Rodgers, Brees, Brady (P.Manning depending on his return).

Tier 2:
E.Manning, Stafford, Roethlisberger, Rivers

Tier 3:
Schaub, Cutler, Romo, Ryan

Tier 4:
Vick, Hasselbeck, Flacco, Palmer

Also the Texans would have to be the most balanced team going into the season and I see them as serious Superbowl contenders.

The Vikings have cut K Ryan Longwell. The rookie minicamp was all that was needed for 6th round pick Blair Walsh to depose the veteran.

But few players can impact the outcome of a game like the kicker, and despite a down 2011 season during which he made 22 of 28 field-goal attempts Longwell was still one of the best in the game at age 37. Over just six years with the Vikings, Longwell recorded 633 points, third in franchise history behind kicker Fred Cox and wide receiver Cris Carter.

His 94.4 field-goal percentage over the 2009 and 2010 seasons -- 43 of 46 -- was the best in the NFL. Including nine years with the Green Bay Packers, Longwell is 13th in NFL history with 1,687 points and fourth on the active list. His career-long 55-yard field goal came on Oct. 14, 2007, to beat the Chicago Bears with no time left.
source: ESPN NFL

Served the Vikings pretty well. No doubt will get a gig elsewhere. :thumbsu:

Tier 1:

Tier 2:

Tier 3:

Tier 4:

Also the Texans would have to be the most balanced team going into the season and I see them as serious Superbowl contenders.

Sheesh Nato Dog, how about some Cam Newton LOVE? :(
Surely deserves a mention with the following NFL rookie breaking campaign for most yards in a game (432 yards vs GB)
Most passing yards in a rookie season (4,051)
First rookie to pass 400+ in back to back games (vs Arz & GB)
First rookie to run 10 & throw 10 TD's
Most TD's by a rookie (35, 21 pass - 14 run)
Most rushing yards by a rookie (706) & Rushing TD's (14)

just to rattle a few here..

Tier 1:

Tier 2:

Tier 3:

Tier 4:

Switch them and I might agree.

Hi guys,

Dont know if this is the right place to post this but im in New york over new years and want to go to the Giants vs Eagles game at Metlife arena.

Is this even possible or do they sell out every game? if its possible how do i go about getting tickets?

Cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back