2014/15 Capital One Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm at work so I won't get to see the game until this arvo, but there seems to be some banging on about a missed pen?

Hows Zouma been going?
Correct. Costa should've had a pen. Although he should've 100% been sent off 10 mins earlier so the pen incident should never have occurred.

Zouma been excellent besides one skinning from coutinho. Last man tackle on sterling earlier.

Chelsea should've had a penalty but as SM said, Costa shouldn't have even been on the pitch at that stage so that probably evens things out. Chelsea with more possession but Liverpool with the clearer chances so far.

I just read a great description of Coutinho. He is the footballing equivalent of blue balls. Capable of just about anything with the ball, gets you all excited, but just can't finish.

Last edited:
Has Zouma been good? I think he's looked average and is definitely the one we should be looking to exploit. Should have been punished by Sterling & Coutinho on separate occasions.

Caught out by Coutinho's side step which was nearly a goal, misjudged the flight of the ball which let Sterling in but he did well to get back and recover. A couple of mistakes but in general been pretty good, again though for Chelsea I think like in the first leg the focus has to be on Matic and Fabregas (now Ramires) closing down that space in the #10 position rather than hoping that Zouma or Terry will be able to get anywhere near Coutinho or Sterling in a 1 v 1 running through that zone.

Seeing as Cahill was let off by the FA for kicking and stamping on Kane, it will be interesting to see what happens this week with Costa

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back