2014 ATP Masters 1000/WTA Premier: Miami

Remove this Banner Ad

Miami starts week straight after Indian Wells with the women starting tomorrow and the men starting the day after. Draws are out, here is who the Aussies got, for some reason Tomic is playing, which just makes things even more bizarre:

Men:
Hewitt vs. Haase - Nadal in the 2nd waiting
Tomic vs. Nienminen - I don't even...
Matosevic vs. Falla - Nishikori in the 2nd for him again
Ebden vs. Kubot - Oddly enough I give him a chance in this and then he'll play Murray in what is sure to be the ugliest match of all time with the way Andy is playing at the moment.

Women:
Stosur vs. Duval/Qualifier - Hopefully Duval for the lulz to show how the frick she lost to her at the US Open, Pavlychenkova and then Serena is her possible path.
Dellacqua vs. Voegele - Nice of Miami to give her a WC given she was just outside the cut off (rankings taken a few weeks ago), Halep waiting the 2nd to slaughter her again.

Coverage starts Thursday our time on tennistv and then ESPN on Monday. Coverage tends to go from 2am to 12pm so not a great time.

Why is Tomic even playing? He only starterd doing footwork drills last Thursday.
Appearance money. It's a bit like the clay courters ranked just inside the top-100 who come to Melbourne every year for a holiday. He may get lucky and draw a wildcard....Ryan Harrison would be as good as a walkover.

Edit. Just saw that he's playing Jarkko. I think he's a reasonable chance, Jarkko has always been a weaponless grinder (a bit of a poor mans Andy Murray). Tomic will frustrate him and I can see him getting the W if he plays his best....which is unlikely.

Easy win for Casey, unfortunately comes up against Halep whose form in the last 5 months has her placed as a top 5 players. Really interesting women's draw, open and hard to predict.

Can anyone see Tomic just playing well out of nowhere and going on a run here. Nothing about his career makes sense.
In particular his technique. It's cringeworthy.

Suprised Tomic is playing!?

Hope we see a Hewiit v Nadal clash

Are ESPN covering this tournament?

Are ESPN covering this tournament?

Yeah, doesn't start till Monday morning at 2am, you will be able to find coverage online next few days though. Hewitt's match will be on Stadium court

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tomic should be fined after that effort. He's just pocketed almost $10,000 for that gutless display, while there are thousands of journeymen who play every point like it's their last who would've killed for that opportunity.

I've lost total respect for him (not that I had much to begin with).

There's youtube footage of his match point. Dat Backhand....

Congrats Lleyton on 600 wins, he's about 10 or so away from Roddick so he should make that which is a little fun. Looking forward to the match against Nadal

Stosur beat Bertens pretty easily, the slow hard court should suit Sam so she does well.

Ebden playing Murray at 12.30pm tomorrow on stadium court and Matosevic playing Nishikori 4th on court 1 so that should be at about 8am as well

The Hewitt and Tomic displays are perfect representations of their character summed up in one.

Tomic has entered a new unprecedented realm of floggery and needs his Australian passport torn up.

Dellacqua gets a lucky break, Halep pulled out and she played Cepelova instead, won in 3 and now play Venus in the 3rd.

Marinko lost easily to Nishikori and Ebden is just about to start his match against Murray. Comedy gold is coming

Dellacqua gets a lucky break, Halep pulled out and she played Cepelova instead, won in 3 and now play Venus in the 3rd.

Marinko lost easily to Nishikori and Ebden is just about to start his match against Murray. Comedy gold is coming
Ebden won the first set 6-3 not comedic in the way i was expecting.:eek:

If things continue going as they are, Dellacqua could be the Aussie #1 by the end of the year. Who was the last #1 Aussie female before Sam? Was it Molik?

Dellacqua in 2008 when Sam had lyme's and was coming back

Have no idea how she keeps losing these matches, the amount of errors is sad, she really is becoming a shadow of herself. Hope the clay season starts something because the points are there to defend afterwards

Hewitt lost 6-1, 6-3 to Rafa. Nadal was playing well but Lleyton wasn't hitting it that great

Remove this Banner Ad

Back