2014 Breakout Players

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunn is 27 years old so his bekaout year is about 4 years overdue. Tyson went at pick 3 so his "breakout year" in his third year is nothing less than what you'd expect from a midfielder
Dunn might have been delisted if not in contract, and Tyson had clearly started slow enough for the GWS hierarchy to trade him out for a pick upgrade.

Safe to say he's well exceeded expectations. He just plays the game the right way.

What about 2015?

Jack Steven to come back and stamp himself as a premier midfielder of the comp.

Brodie Grundy to lift himself into the top 10 rucks of the comp, possibly higher (Sandi, Goldstein, Jacobs, Ryder, NicNat, maybe Maric only to end the year ahead of him)

From my club - Lachie Henderson to have a career best season, not sure Menzel is quite ready but expect another year of development for him in which he excels in a couple of games

You called it!

I was pissed when he was re-rookied.

Credit to him though, I like his game style. It's high percentage and should be easier to back up this year than if he had exploded onto the scene.

Other break-out players at the Dees were Lynden Dunn and Dom Tyson.

Cam Pedersen's breakout game against us was just absolutely cringeworthy from my perspective :s

Liam Shiels. Has been a good player, hopefully he takes his game to the next level in 2015.

Richmond's breakout players this year?
Astbury. Did not get beaten much at all. Kept Roughead to 1 goal, Hawkins 0.
Griffiths also finally made it into the best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt it. I think he has gotten to as good as he will get. He's already a good player but for some reason, don't see him getting much better

Really? Liam Shiels is still only 23 years old. He played 21 games in 2014 whilst averaging; 23 disposals, 4 marks and 6 tackles per game. The inclusion of Langford has allowed Shiels more freedom in the midfield to play as an attacking midfielder. The only thing Shiels needs to work on is his kicking for goal.

Really? Liam Shiels is still only 23 years old. He played 21 games in 2014 whilst averaging; 23 disposals, 4 marks and 6 tackles per game. The inclusion of Langford has allowed Shiels more freedom in the midfield to play as an attacking midfielder. The only thing Shiels needs to work on is his kicking for goal.
That would be the main thing. His set shot kicking is the worst I've seen from a midfielder
As for the rest of his game, I just see him staying at about the same level. He isn't blessed with great pace or any particualr attribute that makes me think he will go up a couple of levels but like I said, he is already a good player and won't be too upset if he doesn't get any better

That would be the main thing. His set shot kicking is the worst I've seen from a midfielder
As for the rest of his game, I just see him staying at about the same level. He isn't blessed with great pace or any particualr attribute that makes me think he will go up a couple of levels but like I said, he is already a good player and won't be too upset if he doesn't get any better
Yeh Shiels is a hard one. He is on track to becoming a very solid 200-250 game player being B-B+

Very happy with that, however you never know. He may pull a Lewis and breakout some year to be a genuine A grader.

IMO Lewis has had the ability to be that A grader he now is for the last few years but he has been our role player and assigned jobs all over the shop. Clearance midfielder at times, tagger other times, defensive half forward at times too. He has been the ultimate team player and sacrificed his game and strengths to help the team. We never needed him being the number 1 or 2 midfielder when we had Mitchell and Sewell playing his main strength as well as Burgoyne and Hodge filling in.

This year mainly thanks to Mitchells injury and Sewell's form and injuries it allowed him to play his natural role as a clearance inside/outside midfielder and he was one of the best in the comp in his position. He wasn't thrown around each week like he has for so many years.

I have slight hope that Shiels may oneday have a season like Lewis's and breakout from being a good player to a very good player. When we unleash him in the midfield he tends to really rack it up and could become a 25-30 possession a game midfielder when our older brigade tire off/retire. The only issue I have is he doesn't seem to have the class of Mitchell/Lewis.

Anyway his career will be interesting to watch to see what happens.

That Brent Harvey fellow.

Schoenmakers for AA CHF

shm1.gif

Tried to nominate one from each club
Adelaide: Tom Lynch
Brisbane: Sam Mayes
Carlton: Troy Menzel
Collingwood: Alex Fasolo
Essendon: Jake Carlisle
Fremantle: Zac Clarke
Geelong: Cam Guthrie
Gold Coast: Harley Bennell
GWS: Stephen Coniglio
Hawthorn: Ryan Schoenmakers
Melbourne: Jack Viney
North Melbourne: Aaron Black
Port Adelaide: Cameron O'Shea
Richmond: Tyrone Vickery
St Kilda: Dylan Roberton
Sydney: Gary Rohan
West Coast: Andrew Gaff
Western Bulldogs: Jarrad Grant

Wow i reckon youre just about 0 from 18 there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back