List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion

Who would you like us to select with our first round pick right now? (Wright & Durdin excluded)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway Pelchem was on Sen last and stated Saints are going for best available is that going to be Petracca?

I am not so convinced that Brisbane will go for a ff with Freeman, paparone, Close, they seem to have options, perhaps needing KPD more?

Carlton if the finish below us need mids the have Lucas, Walker, Casboult is a ff on their shopping list? Melbourne have Dawes and Hogan but their midfield is pathetic apart from Crossy do they go for a FF really there is a lot of unknowns.
Wright come on down!

Would pick 6 or7 and Easton Wood (Jones or Grant) get us pick 1 or 2 from the Saints/Demons... If so would you?

Wood and Grant would have little trade value, but if I was St Kilda I would seriously think about Jones + 7 for pick 1.

That said, I think we would be stupid to offer it.

I reckon Jones had his best year this year, demonstrated he can win us games (I.e. vs Collingwood). 2015 could be his real break out.

We should just keep pick 7 and continue building our midfield - take Laverde, or Lever if Laverde is already gone.

Anyway Pelchem was on Sen last and stated Saints are going for best available is that going to be Petracca?

I am not so convinced that Brisbane will go for a ff with Freeman, paparone, Close, they seem to have options, perhaps needing KPD more?

Carlton if the finish below us need mids the have Lucas, Walker, Casboult is a ff on their shopping list? Melbourne have Dawes and Hogan but their midfield is pathetic apart from Crossy do they go for a FF really there is a lot of unknowns.
I'd take anything the pelican says and believe the opposite.

I'd take anything the pelican says and believe the opposite.

Wood and Grant would have little trade value, but if I was St Kilda I would seriously think about Jones + 7 for pick 1.

I reckon Jones had his best year this year, demonstrated he can win us games (I.e. vs Collingwood). 2015 could be his real break out.

We should just keep pick 7 and continue building our midfield - take Laverde, or Lever if Laverde is already gone.
Wood would have excellent trade value. He stays though. Super important to us

Who does Wood have trade value to?

Why?

Jones is one of the mystical KPF potential guns, with value to every AFL club list.
Wood has been absolutely outstanding this season. I can't think of any teams that wouldn't value him to be honest. He is entering his prime and would walk into almost every team in the land.

Yes.....unless there is a standout big available, I reckon we just keep adding to our midfield. Prefer a player with size like Bont, for obvious reasons these types can play anywhere and fill holes forward or back. Classy, big mids......more please.

Wood has been absolutely outstanding this season. I can't think of any teams that wouldn't value him to be honest. He is entering his prime and would walk into almost every team in the land.

Whilst Wood has had a better season this year, still don't think his value would be that high.

I really don't see him 'walking into any other team's first 22'.

Max we would get for him is a mid second round pick.

Whilst Wood has had a better season this year, still don't think his value would be that high.

I really don't see him 'walking into any other team's first 22'.

Max we would get for him is a mid second round pick.

Agree with Fronk , this bloke is so important to us and there would be plenty knocking on his door if available.
Worth much more than a mid second rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wood's gone from "maybe AFL talent" to "definitely AFL talent" to "this guy is made to play finals footy talent", this year. Teams want players like that. We don't have many at all, but he's one of them
What would you expect in return for him ? Or what do you think we would get for him ?

What would you expect in return for him ? Or what do you think we would get for him ?
I just can't see him going anywhere. I think he's worth a pick in the teens myself. I wouldn't trade him for jaksch who looks to be valued around that level.

Check back a few pages VD I put up stats for a large group of players Wright included ;) for those who missed it

Stats from this week

Z Cordy 13 disposals, 5 marks (2contested), 3 tackles

K Langford 26 disposals, 10 marks (1 contested), 4 tackles, 1 goal 3

R McKenzie 15 disposals, 6 marks (3 contested), 1 tackle, 3 goals 1

D Macpherson 15 disposals, 8 marks (1 contested), 3 tackles, 0 goals 2

J Foster 10 disposals, 6 marks (3 contested), 2 tackles, 6 goals 1

P Wright 29 disposals, 14 marks (6 contested), 1 tackle, 4 goals 2

N Drummond 29 disposals, 10 marks (1 contested), 9 tackles, 1 goal straight

O McDonald 21 disposals, 6 marks (1 contested), 3 tackles, 1 goal straight

T McLean 31 disposals, 5 marks, 1 tackle, 0 goal 1

J De Goey 24 Disposals, 5 marks, 4 tackles, 1 goal 2

L Duggan 30 disposals, 3 marks, 12 tackles, 2 goals straight

C Menadue 20 disposals, 5 marks (1 contested), 8 tackles, 0 goal 1

B Payne 15 disposals, 8 marks, 1 tackle, 2 goals straight

J Laverde 15 disposals, 2 marks, 3 tackles, 1 goal 1

A Brayshaw 29 disposals, 3 marks (1 contested), 8 tackles, 3 goals straight

Jayden Foster? Yes, please. Kid looks like he moves really well for a tall.

I'll never get over that mark by McLean that is just about the best mark I've seen in years.

Liam Duggan is starting to make a run which could have him fly up the board.

Can we find some way to get Wright or McCartin? Please...

wasn't sure :D

but Foster won the TAC cup for goal kicking and McDonald sounds real good
I wonder why no-one has been talking him up more, will have to get down and see some TAC finals now, anyone else keen? :)

Both our father sons play on Saturday at Visy at 11:30 for Zaine and 2:15 for Jayden. Gotta remember how to get there. It is free to get into TAC Cup games right? Might come down if I can remember how to get to Visy :D

How about Igloo?
wasn't sure :D

but Foster won the TAC cup for goal kicking and McDonald sounds real good
I wonder why no-one has been talking him up more, will have to get down and see some TAC finals now, anyone else keen? :)

Both our father sons play on Saturday at Visy at 11:30 for Zaine and 2:15 for Jayden. Gotta remember how to get there. It is free to get into TAC Cup games right? Might come down if I can remember how to get to Visy :D

How about Igloo?
Igloo might if they are the ones down in Geelong

which would likely mean its a Falcons game

and I believe it is
and its easy enough to get to VISY, its a tram ride and its called Princess Park where you get off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back