List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion

Who would you like us to select with our first round pick right now? (Wright & Durdin excluded)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-02/drift-from-the-wright
PETER Wright looks to be one of the most intriguing prospects as the NAB AFL Draft edges closer, with many predicting the tall talent could drift deeper into the first round.

Touted as a possible No.1 pick for much of the season, only weeks from the draft the 203cm forward/ruckman is considered a possibility to be still available at pick No.10 – and perhaps later.
Brodie Grundy 2.0. I'm guessing a lot of clubs see him as a ruckman - in which case, I understand the slide.

If the people suggesting Talia wanted out to the crows were remotely close to correct then I think we have to take McDonald. Too great a risk the new coach can't turn him back around and if he left we would have no tall depth with Morris coming to a close as well. I hope we get Carlisle but we can't bank on it. We currently have 1 (hopefully exceptional) tall forward. We can't have 1 good tall back in 2016...

If the people suggesting Talia wanted out to the crows were remotely close to correct then I think we have to take McDonald. Too great a risk the new coach can't turn him back around and if he left we would have no tall depth with Morris coming to a close as well. I hope we get Carlisle but we can't bank on it. We currently have 1 (hopefully exceptional) tall forward. We can't have 1 good tall back in 2016...
Talia didn't. They wanted him but he didn't request a trade there.

If Marchbank is there at pick 26
Would you take him and McDonald?
you mean back to back? I'd personally hope McDonald was there at 39 or lower

Marchbank is a shorter KPD at the 193cm mark, but has a solid frame
not sure if he slides, but if he does; it probably means his reoccurring injuries are a cause for concern

Where will Keitel go in the draft? If he's available at our picks, should we take him?
we probably don't, doesn't attack the ball to be honest
waits for it to come to him, but personally I think he is a smart KPP
probably goes somewhere in the second round though, lucky if he pushes for the first

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we probably don't, doesn't attack the ball to be honest
waits for it to come to him
, but personally I think he is a smart KPP
probably goes somewhere in the second round though, lucky if he pushes for the first
If we want him I'd be taking him at 39, not 26 or 27.

Thanks. Don't like the bold bit.

I'm ready in next few days to do my phantom draft I'm putting for Dogs

#26 - Tyler Kietel
#27 - Touk Miller

Thoughts?

You serious?

doubt we'd take either

yeah, whilst he might not suit us
I think he could still have a reasonable career else where

I think Bulldogs need focus on depth plus these pick ups cover losses in the long term

Eg. Miller helps cover bit of Cooney and Higgins role

Kietel helps back up Boyd and cover Gia and Jones role terms of marking

I think Bulldogs need focus on depth plus these pick ups cover losses in the long term

Eg. Miller helps cover bit of Cooney and Higgins role

Kietel helps back up Boyd and cover Gia and Jones role terms of marking
Can see where you're coming from with Keitel

Don't think we'd take a player at the height Miller is that early though
with Hrovat, Honeychurch, JJ, Dahlhaus, Fuller all in that height range and more

for your Phantom draft there is a good chance the bulldogs will be after players more likely to play next year

I'd take keitel at 26/7. You don't get tall blokes who mark well with his skills/composure that often. Looks one of the classier blokes in this pool. Will all come down to his attitude- the least scientific part for us bf draft champions

I'm ready in next few days to do my phantom draft I'm putting for Dogs

#26 - Tyler Kietel
#27 - Touk Miller

Thoughts?
God no.

I don't mind Keitel but I would take the risk he'll still be there at 39 but wouldn't cry if he wasn't.

Zero interest in anyone Miller's size because of the number of small midfielders we already have.

I'm sure I'd be on my own though because I'd be looking at Jackson Nelson or Daniel McKenzie with one of the picks and Braydon Maynard or a slider with the other.

Hope for Keitel and Gore to slide through to 39 and 45.

45 is actually only two live picks after 39 due to Stretch and Dawson already sorted and GWS will pass on 43.

God no.

I don't mind Keitel but I would take the risk he'll still be there at 39 but wouldn't cry if he wasn't.

Zero interest in anyone Miller's size because of the number of small midfielders we already have.

I'm sure I'd be on my own though because I'd be looking at Jackson Nelson or Daniel McKenzie with one of the picks and Braydon Maynard or a slider with the other.

Hope for Keitel and Gore to slide through to 39 and 45.

45 is actually only two live picks after 39 due to Stretch and Dawson already sorted and GWS will pass on 43.
no Menadue?

I really like Nelson

reminds me of Langdon from the Pies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back