List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion

Who would you like us to select with our first round pick right now? (Wright & Durdin excluded)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The campaigner draft strategy.
#26- ????
#27- ????
#39- ????
#45- Sam Grimley (haw) 199cm 96 kg FWD/RUCK
#46- Tanner Smith (freo) 196cm 91 kg KPD/KPF
Not seen much from either to be honest just a
little bored waiting for the draft.

I'd feel more comfortable picking Webb in the third round to be honest.
P39-46 we have three picks. The difference is minimal where they're taken in that range.

Really like the look of Lucas Webb, kicking is elite.

Reminds me a lot of Rob Murphy.

Would be very happy with him at 39.

I reckon there's a lot of Nat Fyfe about him. Only better skills. Not as contested obviously. But that can come later on. I'd be happy if we got him at 39.
Would love Vickers Willis/McDonald at 26 and Big McKenzie at 27.

It's gonna be an exciting draft with all the depth !!!

Vickers-Willis is just about a lock for us if he's available IMO. Ticks all the boxes that we have set over the last few years. Good character, plays multiple positions.

How would people feel if we took him and McDonald?

Vickers-Willis is just about a lock for us if he's available IMO. Ticks all the boxes that we have set over the last few years. Good character, plays multiple positions.

How would people feel if we took him and McDonald?

I'd be filthy. Means we have 8 190cm + KPD's on our list and I'd like to address speed with at least one of those picks. We need another tall forward and an outside runner hopefully with those two picks. I'd be ok with McDonald but Vickers-Willis I don't think is a great need for us. 3rd tall type and isn't quick.

So who've we been linked to?

From memory:

EVW, Maynard, McDonald, Hammelmann, Daniel Nielson, Pat McKenna? Josh Glenn?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who've we been linked to?

From memory:

EVW, Maynard, McDonald, Hammelmann, Daniel Nielson, Pat McKenna? Josh Glenn?
Daniel McKenzie, Connor Menadue to

good mix, perhaps Dal sees EVW as more a big midfielder
I hope we get D. McKenzie or Menadue at one of our first two picks
unless Garlett is going to fall

Looking forward to the draft as always, it's a great time of year that brings hope to everyone (especially the cellar dwellers which has been us for a while now). Just not as pumped as last few years without the high pick. Hope we can snatch a few gems to fill a few holes.

Looking forward to the draft as always, it's a great time of year that brings hope to everyone (especially the cellar dwellers which has been us for a while now). Just not as pumped as last few years without the high pick. Hope we can snatch a few gems to fill a few holes.

i spoke to a (non footballer dept) contact at the club about this - 'selling hope' through the draft, and how the lack of an early pick might put a dent in the dream.

"we do have a high draft pick. we've got the #1 pick - it's just from last year's draft!"

the club is quite happy with their hand entering the draft. word is that talent level is very even after 20 through 50 or so and that there will be some good players picked in this range (i hope it's us that gets the cream).

other tidbits -
source didn't say anything about particular targets with picks, and avoided any probing.
club very happy with zaine cordy in R4, would have happily matched a 2nd round bid (feeling that higgins was likely to attract a R2 compo). reckons we got him cheap because clubs less likely to bid aggressively on FS / zone picks due to it restricting flexibility in trade week.
said tom boyd is a genuinely good kid. and that he's fricken huge.
club wanted cooney to play in gia's role next year. cooney wanted to start every game, and had dogs as choice of club. couldn't reach an agreement and club did everything they could to help him to his preferred destination.
next offseason will change player movement landscape - reckons dogs ahead of the curve with boyd deal.

I'd be filthy. Means we have 8 190cm + KPD's on our list and I'd like to address speed with at least one of those picks. We need another tall forward and an outside runner hopefully with those two picks. I'd be ok with McDonald but Vickers-Willis I don't think is a great need for us. 3rd tall type and isn't quick.

As long as they are good players, I dont care - pick 6 was our needs pick, and we traded it for needs.
At 25+ you go for the best of whats there - not enough margin for error to dick about being choosey.

edit: another captain... sense a trend?

As long as they are good players, I dont care - pick 6 was our needs pick, and we traded it for needs.
At 25+ you go for the best of whats there - not enough margin for error to dick about being choosey.

edit: another captain... sense a trend?

O.Mcdonald will be a reach if he goes in the 20's, so thats why I'd be annoyed to get both. I'd be pretty pleased with EWV though and say a menadue or Cavka, something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back