Mega Thread 2014 Free Agency and Trade discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Patrick Dangerfield says it is completely in the hands of the club as to whether his name is raised as a trade option.

The 24-year-old Victorian will qualify for free agency at the end of 2015, and a trade this off-season would ensure the Crows get appropriate value for their superstar.

In the past 24 hours, he has been strongly linked with a move to the Melbourne Football Club, for what could include Melbourne's Frawley compensation pick, and one of Jimmy Toumpas or Jack Trengove."

Take it with a grain of salt, came from a somewhat reliable source. Thoughts? Would Pick 3 + Trenners/Toump for Dangerfield be fair? I sure do think so.

Sam blease is lucky he ever made it onto an afl List

He has speed

Then nothing

Literally has one move which is to run fast in a straight line
He was a track an field athlete

A bloke with his speed should have been untouchable in the VFL and should have got 40 per game

He was a joke footballer and deserves to be running laps at a country town fair
Which is one more weapon than some of the players on our list

Take it with a grain of salt, came from a somewhat reliable source. Thoughts? Would Pick 3 + Trenners/Toump for Dangerfield be fair? I sure do think so.
i.e. the AFL website? I don't want to give up Trengove but we could probably cop losing Toumpas, reluctantly.

i.e. the AFL website? I don't want to give up Trengove but we could probably cop losing Toumpas, reluctantly.
Nah not AFL website. If Roos is really hellbent on success sooner rather than possible, and wants to inject the team with ready made talent, I could see him shipping Toumpas and the pick off for someone like Dangerfield, or of similar ilk. Toump has a heap of potential, and no matter if he's at the MFC next year or not I hope he goes well, but in all honesty he hasn't shown a great deal of why he was pick #4, injuries and interrupted pre-season's didn't help his cause, but as I said, Roos wants ready made talent and he doesn't want us to sit in another rebuilding faze. That's why I can see this happening. Essentially giving away defender who we no longer want/need and also giving away hope and potential, for one of the game's elite players. Do it MFC.

"Patrick Dangerfield says it is completely in the hands of the club as to whether his name is raised as a trade option.

The 24-year-old Victorian will qualify for free agency at the end of 2015, and a trade this off-season would ensure the Crows get appropriate value for their superstar.

In the past 24 hours, he has been strongly linked with a move to the Melbourne Football Club, for what could include Melbourne's Frawley compensation pick, and one of Jimmy Toumpas or Jack Trengove."

now we are talking

That's it. Danger is proven. Long as we are still drafting in the top 10 I'm okay with putting a package together. What's more is he is only 24. Still a 5-10 year player. Instant upgrade.

I would start going to church everyday for the next year if we managed to pull this heist off.

No way Adelaide should look at this, but better for us if they're hearing footsteps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still no word on the PP/Special Assistance Pick.

Interesting that nothing has been announced yet considering the AFL Commission met yesterday to determine our submission. Gut feel says that they have granted a pick, (end 1st/start 2nd rnd) as last year they had no issue coming out on Brownlow day to announce that the PP submission had been declined.

Only a gut feel though so anything is possible still.

MFC should be going all out to get Dangerfield too. If the above scenario played out I'd be starting with #3 & #20/21 for him. Probably not enough but that would be where I started before shipping off Toumpas.

We gotta throw all we can at landing Danger! A genuine superstar that could be pull us out of this 8 years of hell.

Just think.........
Jetta McDonald Pedersen
Grimes Garland Vince
Toumpas Jones (C) Watts
Howe Hogan Kent
JKH Dawes Salem

Followers:
Jamar
Dangerfield
Tyson

Interchange:
Jack Viney
draft pick
draft pick
draft pick

Bang!

Wouldn't be how I'd line up.

B: Jetta Dunn Garland
HB: Lumumba McDonald Grimes
C: Vince Jones Tyson
HF: Danger Dawes Howe
F: JKH Hogan Gawn
R: Jamar Cross Viney
INT Kent, Salem, Pedersen, [Draft Pick]

Pick 3 and Toumpas for Danger would be quite a shafting for Adelaide.

I guess there aren't many clubs in a position to out-negotiate us, so if Adelaide are genuinely concerned about losing him for nothing - it leaves us in a strong bargaining position.
If they think he's leaving it's a great deal for them. I guess GWS could come over the top with a bigger offer but do they have as much cash to offer Danger?

Wouldn't be how I'd line up.

B: Jetta Dunn Garland
HB: Lumumba McDonald Grimes
C: Vince Jones Tyson
HF: Danger Dawes Howe
F: JKH Hogan Gawn
R: Jamar Cross Viney
INT Kent, Salem, Pedersen, [Draft Pick]

^who did we lose to get Danger. Toumpas, Trenners, both?

^who did we lose to get Danger. Toumpas, Trenners, both?

Toump. Probably swap Trenners for Salem and then make Salem the sub.

I keep forgetting about JT.

If they think he's leaving it's a great deal for them. I guess GWS could come over the top with a bigger offer but do they have as much cash to offer Danger?

If they do then we should just offer the million to Shiel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back