2014 Membership Tally - Final Tally - *47,557

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of the blame has to go to our fickle supporters. The likes of Richmond, Essendon and Port haven't achieved anything in the last few seasons.

There would be a cold day in hell before our fans piped up and started cheering like Pies fans did last week.

Club can do more, but it takes two to tango.

Our supporters are fickle yes but using Port as an example...

Their crowd attendance in recent memory was a disgrace.

Covering seats with banners, please.

A club with the support of Carlton should have many more members than we do. Too many people are all too willing to yell at the TV screens from the comfort of home, and then be first on the talkback lines rubbishing the team, coach, or anything they can. Been a Carlton thing for as long as i remember and will continue to be like that. Its horrible unfortunately. Wish more people would get their heads out of their asses and support the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A club with the support of Carlton should have many more members than we do. Too many people are all too willing to yell at the TV screens from the comfort of home, and then be first on the talkback lines rubbishing the team, coach, or anything they can. Been a Carlton thing for as long as i remember and will continue to be like that. Its horrible unfortunately. Wish more people would get their heads out of their asses and support the club.

It's probably not as simple as that but no doubt there would be an element of what you are saying in why our numbers are fairly low (against what you would like to think they should be).

Could be related to all sorts of things such as cost of membership, perception of what it actually gets you, poor club engagement with fans (though I think this has picked up a fair bit in the last few years - well done media team etc!), unhappiness with Etihad being a usual venue, the list goes on.

Two way street through - both the supporters and the club need to lift their game a bit if we want more members!

Not everyone lives in Victoria and can get to regular games

Perhaps it may have something to do with the Fixturing as well. Sunday night, thursday night and monday night games are not appealing! We barely have any Saturday day games either. I know I'm struggling to make most games at the moment.

Combine that with our inability to improve over the past 3 seasons with some incredibly frustrating performances from a team that could have achieved more.

It's not exactly like we've had anyone young and exciting come through over the past few seasons either that would naturally bring people through the gates (i.e. a Daniher, Naitanui, etc). I guess someone like Yarran has had his moments but they have been few and far between.

Last edited:
Does my long distance membership get me into VFL games? Or do I need a northern blues membership?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For whatever it's worth, I came down from Sydney last year and walked straight into the ground. Didn't seem to be anyone to buy tickets from. I just made sure we bought plenty of food and drinks :)

For whatever it's worth, I came down from Sydney last year and walked straight into the ground. Didn't seem to be anyone to buy tickets from. I just made sure we bought plenty of food and drinks :)
At visy park? I'm heading to an away game at whitten oval so probably won't work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not everyone lives in Victoria and can get to regular games

It's hard to justify signing up for 1 game as a WA supporter.

Footy is a luxury.

Quite a few closet Carlton supporters out there as well. Carlton don't really demand too much respect anymore.

Btw where are our membership tv ad's? Carlton's 150th and no ads on fox footy trying to capitalize on that?

Hawks have their ad on during every ad break.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back