Oppo Camp 2014 non-Geelong AFL match and general discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AM
There's an article on Lingy on the AFL website in which he says he didn't think he wanted to sit in front of a computer for hours and hours, going through edits- ie a senior coaching job. Assistant coaching wouldn't be so bad. Roos is looking for someone to be a coach (I think) in 2016.

My take on Ling and coaching is yes I reckon he can turn his hand to coaching and be very good at it,he also has a very good business brain which is evident by the way he set up his finances while still playing,my gut feeling is he will eventually take some sort of a paid position in the AFL ranks but not as a full time club coach,If his business obligations allow the time mid field coach at the Cats would be nice,could he become a successor to Balme down the track?

Last edited:

AM
There's an article on Lingy on the AFL website in which he says he didn't think he wanted to sit in front of a computer for hours and hours, going through edits- ie a senior coaching job. Assistant coaching wouldn't be so bad. Roos is looking for someone to be a coach (I think) in 2016.
Yep! We know "T", we know.:)

Haven't yet read the article but thought a comment by Ling when asked what would be gained experience wise by taking an assistants role at Geelong he suggested quite a lot as he'd only played under CS for one year. Maybe, if he does go down the coaching path, we aren't out of the chase. Would love him to take over the mids.

That said, much easier gig doing the telly work and much better paid you'd imagine. I'd stick with that if I was him.

Yep! We know "T", we know.:)

Haven't yet read the article but thought a comment by Ling when asked what would be gained experience wise by taking an assistants role at Geelong he suggested quite a lot as he'd only played under CS for one year. Maybe, if he does go down the coaching path, we aren't out of the chase. Would love him to take over the mids.

That said, much easier gig doing the telly work and much better paid you'd imagine. I'd stick with that if I was him.
Wouldn't mind at all if he took THunt and Guthrie under his wing and gave them some tips on tagging as well :)

Much ado about nothing....
The game's at the G

Edit: I see by a later post that this has already been discovered. Sorry.
Signed:
Captain Cook
Even though it is at the 'G' it would be a big ask for a player still on his break to fly back from, say, Bali just to sit in the stand on a cold Melbourne winters day. A well wishing text would suffice I would have thought. A bottle of Red from those who knew him particularly well perhaps.:)

Well done Pods. Have a good one.

As if he'd be reading BF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The o great one at Essendon has landed back in the country I see.... Surely the bombers tell him to stay away until the year is done with, the bomber fans are excited and seem to think it will gel the team, I can't see it being anything more than a distraction and circus.

The o great one at Essendon has landed back in the country I see.... Surely the bombers tell him to stay away until the year is done with, the bomber fans are excited and seem to think it will gel the team, I can't see it being anything more than a distraction and circus.
I'll laugh if they chuck out a 2 time premierhsip coach for the golden boy... who presided over a drug cheating program... and hasn't achieved anything as a coach... truly staggering:rolleyes:

I'll laugh if they chuck out a 2 time premierhsip coach for the golden boy... who presided over a drug cheating program... and hasn't achieved anything as a coach... truly staggering:rolleyes:
I hope you have a comfy seat and some popcorn ready then... because I can see it happening

Mate.
If you don't like essendon, you want him back into the fold.

A few years of failure and their history will be clouded for 50 years.

Mate.
If you don't like essendon, you want him back into the fold.

A few years of failure and their history will be clouded for 50 years.

I can't stand them... would laugh my arse off if they brought the golden boy back this year, bomber cracked the shits and walked and then then they struggled... add whatever may come from the ASADA stuff..

Also on that have to laugh at the bomber fans theory the show cause notices are a bluff... ASADA had a retired judge look over the case before doing anything and certainly can't afford to end up with egg on their faces after all this by having no case

I can't stand them... would laugh my arse off if they brought the golden boy back this year, bomber cracked the shits and walked and then then they struggled... add whatever may come from the ASADA stuff..

Also on that have to laugh at the bomber fans theory the show cause notices are a bluff... ASADA had a retired judge look over the case before doing anything and certainly can't afford to end up with egg on their faces after all this by having no case
Look, I've never liked them
And I certainly don't want them to die. But slow torture would be ok by me.

never hated Essendon myself. Even after all this s**t hit the ceiling, have never been interested in it whatsoever. Been bloody annoying how much time has been consumed into it by the media instead of focusing on what's happening on the footy field.

Collingwood & Hawthorn I wouldn't mind seeing get rabies and subsequently shot but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back