Oppo Camp 2014 non-Geelong AFL match and general discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
never hated Essendon myself. Even after all this s**t hit the ceiling, have never been interested in it whatsoever. Been bloody annoying how much time has been consumed into it by the media instead of focusing on what's happening on the footy field.

Collingwood & Hawthorn I wouldn't mind seeing get rabies and subsequently shot but that's just me.
lol.

never hated Essendon myself. Even after all this s**t hit the ceiling, have never been interested in it whatsoever. Been bloody annoying how much time has been consumed into it by the media instead of focusing on what's happening on the footy field.

Collingwood & Hawthorn I wouldn't mind seeing get rabies and subsequently shot but that's just me.
Having only been past the hawks training ground recently, while passing it... I kept thinking.....

"I wish that dump would just all of a sudden just burst into flames"

I truly struggle to find the words which aptly describe how much I despise the Hawks... and on that note, despite COLA I truly hope the $wan$ thrash Hawthorn, not because we benefit ladder wise... but because it is the hawfs just desserts.

Same goes with the pies, I hope they lose not because pods is playing game 100 against one of the sides that spat him out (well done Pods!) but because a collingwood free finals series will really piss off Eddie Mcchins:D

Even though it is at the 'G' it would be a big ask for a player still on his break to fly back from, say, Bali just to sit in the stand on a cold Melbourne winters day. A well wishing text would suffice I would have thought. A bottle of Red from those who knew him particularly well perhaps.:)

Well done Pods. Have a good one.

As if he'd be reading BF.
How many days off do the boys actually get over a bye week? I wouldn't think it'd be enough to fly anywhere

I hope you have a comfy seat and some popcorn ready then... because I can see it happening
Don't worry I'll find a comfy place to sit back and watch the EFC unravel under the second coming of the golden boy.

I mean if Matty Knights was still in charge of the bombers this whole thing probably wouldn't have happened, but if it did, Evans and co would have made him the scapegoat before you could say bobs your uncle.... none of this #standbyhird crap.....

So um... who will be EFC captain next year... BJ?... Chappy?... Zaharakis?...Ambrose?:p, personally I hope the players get off, but even if ASADA try and make that happen, there's nothing to stop WADA coming in and saying that it's an inadequate punishment.

How many days off do the boys actually get over a bye week? I wouldn't think it'd be enough to fly anywhere
Just know the coach said he was off to warmer climes for a few days and intended playing plenty of golf. Ipso facto so would many players I'd suggest. Not necessarily golf.;)

I'm a traditionalist.
Regardless of how we go, it's a top weekend if Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon and Hawthorn lose.

I'll laugh if they chuck out a 2 time premierhsip coach for the golden boy... who presided over a drug cheating program... and hasn't achieved anything as a coach... truly staggering:rolleyes:
Only thing though, in all of this fiasco, Hird is no more guilty than Bomber Thompson, who probably cajoled Hird into getting the Bombes bigger and more competitive, and wasn't he Hird's overseer?

Only thing though, in all of this fiasco, Hird is no more guilty than Bomber Thompson, who probably cajoled Hird into getting the Bombes bigger and more competitive, and wasn't he Hird's overseer?

Thompson at least demanded they put a stop to it when he realised what was happening.
Hird agreed, but it went on anyway.

if that's the case why has Robson, Evans, Corcoran, Robinson all fallen on their sword, Hird been suspended... yet Bomber has not...

Simply the buck stops at the top.

In the football department the footy ops boss (corcoran) and head coach (Hird) are more culpable than an assistant coach. From an administration pov, that is the Chairman and CEO... both of which are no longer there.

Just know the coach said he was off to warmer climes for a few days and intended playing plenty of golf. Ipso facto so would many players I'd suggest. Not necessarily golf.;)
If I lived in Geelong and had two days off, I'd probably fly as far North as I could reasonably go, too, then fly back arriving as close to when I was due back as possible. If I had 4 days, I'd go twice as far North- just to warm up :)

There's a fair few boys who are keen golfers- Tom Hawkins, Stevie J, Taylor Hunt, for starters. Then Scotty and Wells also.

if that's the case why has Robson, Evans, Corcoran, Robinson all fallen on their sword, Hird been suspended... yet Bomber has not...

In the football department the footy ops boss (corcoran) and head coach (Hird) are more culpable than an assistant coach. From an administration pov, that is the Chairman and CEO... both of which are no longer there.

The buck stops at the top except for the Committee, who appointed all these blokes. None of them walked or was sacked because they stuffed up in their jobs, not one.

The buck stops at the top except for the Committee, who appointed all these blokes. None of them walked or was sacked because they stuffed up in their jobs, not one.
Yep the board are also culpable

Pure conjecture.

You may wish to implicate Thompson as being as much responsible for the "fiasco" as Hird, but you have to come up with something a little more substantial than this.

Hird was and is his own man, and ultimately responsible as head coach. He shouldn't return as head coach in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pure conjecture.

You may wish to implicate Thompson as being as much responsible for the "fiasco" as Hird, but you have to come up with something a little more substantial than this.

Hird was and is his own man, and ultimately responsible as head coach. He shouldn't return as head coach in my opinion.
From what's been published, it appeared all the communications with Dank etc were from Hird, not Bomber. Can't see why anyone would think Bomber approved of anything here.

Pure conjecture.

The head coach is being held responsible for the players taking stuff, with the whole footy world knowing the players themselves are TOTALLY responsible for every thing that enters their bodies. This is instructed whilst at TAC level, and day 1 AFL.
I am no Hird apologist;
But why was Bomber even fined? There were plenty who felt it was inappropriate for him to be head coach this year. Not me included. I would not have been against Hird continuing to coach this year, but...

It's what was overtly agreed to.

Having only been past the hawks training ground recently, while passing it... I kept thinking.....

"I wish that dump would just all of a sudden just burst into flames"
:D

Well just get yourself a couple of Russian rebels and..... no wont go there.

On a different topic- my 2011 Premiership cup pin which I've been wearing on my school lanyard since that same year gave me a pretty horrible rash yesterday, so I had to remove it. Can't be a good sign or omen. :(

On a different topic- my 2011 Premiership cup pin which I've been wearing on my school lanyard since that same year gave me a pretty horrible rash yesterday, so I had to remove it. Can't be a good sign or omen. :(

Surprised at you.
Definitely a good sign, it's telling you it's time for an update.
How could it possibly mean anything else?:rolleyes:

Dont hate them THAT much but made me LOL hard….

GO Catters

Yeah probably too soon…. but geez I like your humour;)

Go Catters

Obviously depends where the rash was....

Pure conjecture.

My memory is that Thompson actually made the comment when he got to Essendon.
I'm sure he said that he thought the bodies weren't big enough.

You go live in Essendon for your whole life, then come back to me and say you dont hate Essendon. ;)

You go live in Essendon for your whole life, then come back to me and say you dont hate Essendon. ;)
i share my vitriol for them vicariously thru your expressionism….

Go Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back