News 2014 Saints Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not up to him is it?
I reckon he takes advice from Trout, etc, and consults with Richo, but at the end of the day, whoever's picked needs to match Pelch's spreadsheet.

I reckon he takes advice from Trout, etc, and consults with Richo, but at the end of the day, whoever's picked needs to match Pelch's spreadsheet.
As unlikely as it is do we know any details about what's on that spreadsheet?

Poor Shinner.

10685337_10152465481023882_7988397206700861252_n.jpg

Ive always kind of wondered what constitutes a push in the back and the like/keeping someone from the contest? A pretty great mark but it really obviously infringed on Dempsters ability to contest the mark so where do you draw the line between great mark and infringement?

Ive always kind of wondered what constitutes a push in the back and the like/keeping someone from the contest? A pretty great mark but it really obviously infringed on Dempsters ability to contest the mark so where do you draw the line between great mark and infringement?
Simple. Wingard got hands to the ball. If it wasn't a realistic attempt at a mark it would have been. Dempster was just found to be in the perfect step ladder spot

There's no official rule but basically if he takes the mark there's no infringement. Spill it and who knows.

Simple. Wingard got hands to the ball. If it wasn't a realistic attempt at a mark it would have been. Dempster was just found to be in the perfect step ladder spot
True but you often see infringements paid against players who use their body to push others out of the way and then take the mark. Dempster basically cops it in the back of the head there which I dont really see in most other hangers.

Met the great man Lenny this morning, talked about our newborn sons and lack of sleep, then he signed a guernsey for my little fella.

My man-crush continues unabated.

Champion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that was a Saints player going over the top and it was called in the back, we'd want blood.

Great mark.

As usual, Sean backs into whatever.... Courage IMO

He is always a candidate for a hanger, as he backs back hard under the fight of the footy.

Last edited by a moderator:

theres no way that that shouldnt be paid a mark. It is literally the single most exciting thing about our game the big speccie. start paying frees against it and you'll lose a lot of supporters.

theres no way that that shouldnt be paid a mark. It is literally the single most exciting thing about our game the big speccie. start paying frees against it and you'll lose a lot of supporters.
I dont disagree but I just find it interesting that we have rules that specifically stop a player from grabbing a player, pushing a player or shoving a player out of contention but smashing knees into their back/head is okay if theyre going for a hanger.

Wheat-free Dunstan ready to step into Hayes' shoes

"THE MID-SEASON discovery of a wheat intolerance has set St Kilda youngster Luke Dunstan on a path towards becoming a leaner and more dangerous midfielder this pre-season.

The 19-year-old was over halfway into his first AFL season when it became apparent he had bulked up too much for his height of 184cm.

He was also feeling sluggish and finding it hard to run around after eating what he thought was a normal breakfast, including toast.

So the Saints' dietician suggested he forego foods containing wheat for 10 days – and the results were almost immediate.

"I dropped two or three kilos in about three weeks and I was back down to what they wanted me to be at for my playing weight," Dunstan toldAFL.com.au.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-04/wheatfree-dunstan-ready-to-step-up

Extremely good news. :thumbsu: Could make a really big difference to his energy levels, general health and fitness discovering that. Novak Djokovic improved his tennis out of sight after he discovered that he was gluten intolerant and changed his diet and my general health improved a ridiculous amount when I changed my diet when I was younger and really unwell. This could be a major factor in his tank and how bulky he was being queries in the past.

Terrific news.

Last edited:
Paleo diet for the entire team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back