VFL 2014 Sandringham Zebras News and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Guess I'll just have to pop down for at least a half of each game then... ;)

Does it cost to bung the car in at the ground?

Street parking is free near ground mate, just park in side streets.

I never noticed that VFL rule. Seems kind of harsh on the players that are on the cusp of making it into the AFL team.
If there's a player who isn't best 22, maybe rated around 26th, they might end up yo-yoing between the AFL and VFL, and in the process end up missing lots of games due to having to sit out a week maybe three or four times.

15 Saints picked for Sandy
Tom Morris March 14, 2014 9:14 AM

15 senior and rookie-listed Saints will get one last opportunity to press for a senior opener birth in this Saturday’s VFL practice match against Frankston.

International rookie Jason Holmes will play his second game against a VFL standard opposition, while fellow newcomers Maverick Weller, Billy Longer, Josh Bruce and Luke Delaney will all pull on the Zebras guernsey too.

After showing glimpses of composure and class beyond his years during the NAB Challenge, Jack Billings has been named, as has mid-sized forward Daniel Markworth following a knee reconstruction last year.

The other Saints taking part in the hit out are:
Seb Ross, Arryn Siposs, Darren Minchington, Cameron Shenton, Sam Dunell, Tom lee, Trent Dennis-Lane, and Tom Simpkin.

Meanwhile, Terry Milera and Spencer White will both play in the development team at 11am.

Come down and support the Zebras and catch a glimpse of the next generation of Saints ahead of the 2014 season.

MATCH DETAILS:
Saturday March 15
Frankston Oval
Development squad: 11am
Seniors: 2pm
Entry: Free

PRACTICE MATCH CHANGE:

Saturday's Sandringham vs Northern Blues practice match will now start at 2.30pm at Visy Park and Dev Squad at 5pm.

Where is it being played?
PRACTICE MATCH CHANGE:

Saturday's Sandringham vs Northern Blues practice match will now start at 2.30pm at Visy Park and Dev Squad at 5pm.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

PRACTICE MATCH CHANGE:

That's not bad. Park near Costco ( cheap as ), catch a couple of trams up to Visy. Watch the Zebs, tram downtown, grab some food and a couple of full strength, then down to Etihad.

Sandy lads... How do you see Willy going this year? Look to have recruited pretty well with Sean Tighe, Scott Clouston, Michael Sikora and Peter Faulks in the big fella category, and some pretty highly-rated kids in Isaiah Miller, Max Hayes and Matt Merlo, and adding Ryan Ferguson and Mitch Banner as experienced insurance...

Sandringham paying $101 to win flag ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You beauty! I can walk there, then catch the tram to etihad. Is there any cost for praccy matches?

Sometimes there is, sometimes there isnt! Waiting on confirmation so will let you know ASAP.

Free entry to this weeks practice match. Entry through main Visy Park reception, plus North/South gates

I've put it out in the trade thread, but Conrad as a late pick or rookie draft?
Romantic pick, but on what I saw last weekend, no. Very strong-bodied, and athletic enough, but for VFL level I'd say; got smashed by Jackson Coleman in the air.

Is a 'tweener in the same way Simpkin is, and would have the same issues at league level. Will be a good solid VFL player and I wish him a storied career... at Sandy (or St Kilda Ressies ;)).

if true, what a bloody joke!!! the sooner this alignment is canned the better!!!
I never, and I mean never want to be associated with anything to do with the soulless, corrupt, deluded cesspit of a club that is Essendon.

He's got a wealth of football administration experience, and I've had a soft spot for Sandy for a long time, but that taints it for me. A foul club, and it sullies anyone associated with it forever.

On the topic of a Saints Ressies side... If we take the weekend as an example, we'd have had a line up on the weekend (assuming fitness) of approximately:

FB: Shenton - Bruce - Simpkin
HB: Dunell - [Fisher] - [Murdoch]
CR: Milera - [Hayes] - Minchington
RK: Longer - [Steven] - [Montagna]
HF: Siposs - Lee - Markworth
FF: [Schneider] - White - [Pierce]
Int: Holmes - Dennis-Lane - [Acres]

Last edited:
Love the VFL player breakdown By Paul Hudson on the Saints website

Remove this Banner Ad

Back