2015/16 Pre-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think you can all wipe Riley Knight off your Round 1 team.

I hear he rolled his ankle quite badly recently during the players 3 days off from training. No it wasn't at Bounce. Although there is nothing sinister (a boat ramp I heard) the club is not happy however and it is expected he will miss the NAB cup matches.
I'm not sure if it is the same ankle he broke this time last year, but he would want to be careful with it. There is also a large number of players lining up to play the same role he does, so the timing is not great for him.

Might be the first bit of bad news from the pre-season. Sorry everyone.

If it was going to happen to anyone probably might as well be knight with his aerobic abilities. He will gain condition back fairly easily you would imagine.

I hear he rolled his ankle quite badly recently during the players 3 days off from training. No it wasn't at Bounce. Although there is nothing sinister (a boat ramp I heard) the club is not happy however and it is expected he will miss the NAB cup matches.
I'm not sure if it is the same ankle he broke this time last year, but he would want to be careful with it. There is also a large number of players lining up to play the same role he does, so the timing is not great for him.

unfortunate, but its an opportunity for another emerging player.

If it was going to happen to anyone probably might as well be knight with his aerobic abilities. He will gain condition back fairly easily you would imagine.
This is very much true. He is a fitness freak and will be back to full fitness very quickly. It probably won't impact on him as much as it would some others.

V disappointing but then again as others have mentioned he will come to hand pretty quick with his fitness and he's basically done all of pre season

but...silver lining is milera , think he may get a start and adapt v quickly, by time he needs a chop out knight will be back

atkins also a big chance to get early games

Silver lining might be a Round 1 Milera debut. :)

Lol - is it a saints connection - if so we should get some Wigg news too?
Wigg went to PAC. I spit on Wigg.
Just joking - although Wigg should have gone to Saints, if I remember correctly he applied there as they were family friends with Mitch Harvey and then got a scholarship instead to PAC.

Not my connection, I just know a fair bit about the junior footy side of the private schools.

Wigg went to PAC. I spit on Wigg.
Just joking - although Wigg should have gone to Saints, if I remember correctly he applied there as they were family friends with Mitch Harvey and then got a scholarship instead to PAC.

Not my connection, I just know a fair bit about the junior footy side of the private schools.
Interesting - was scholarship related to sport or the normal academic one ?

I'm pissed off because it keeps happening to him. Haven't seen what he's capable of at AFL level with a full pre season under his belt yet...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who thinks Riley wont be missed is forgeting how good he was at the backend of last year. Has excellent skills and remember it was his perfectly weighted kick that Tex marked to pass to Charlie that won us that game against dogs.
DJ75 how could club be annoyed with him enjoying his time off water skiing I assume. Were they given instructions to avoid these types of things or is there more to it.

V disappointing but then again as others have mentioned he will come to hand pretty quick with his fitness and he's basically done all of pre season

but...silver lining is milera , think he may get a start and adapt v quickly, by time he needs a chop out knight will be back

atkins also a big chance to get early games

Agree, also better now than early in the season for him on a personal basis.

So assuming it's not a fracture it's a 6 weeker at worst meaning he will be ready for sanfl early April

As long as there is not more to it he will be well ahead of last year

Will definitely miss him on Etihad but as I said before Milera excites me

Interesting - was scholarship related to sport or the normal academic one ?
Like all of PAC I'm sure it was 100% 'academic'. In truth though.....

I did hear recently that two boys from CBC have suddenly moved to PAC. Of course them being State level rowers and the Head of the river only weeks away was just a coincidence.

Of course it isn't only a PAC thing either. It happens everywhere and is even worse in Melbourne and Sydney

Damn, Knight was definitely leading the way amongst the fringe players and ever so close to cementing his spot in the 22. Luckily we have many, many depth players that can fill his role. Would be good to see a Milera debut or both Hampton and The Seed in the squad round 1. Could even experiment and have Hampton moving through the HF - MID rotations along with Cameron etc.

Knight is definitely a loss, but at least one we can cover and gives an opportunity to whoever from our fringe midfielder/forwards has put in the effort and shown enough talent to warrant selection.

Anyone who thinks Riley wont be missed is forgeting how good he was at the backend of last year. Has excellent skills and remember it was his perfectly weighted kick that Tex marked to pass to Charlie that won us that game against dogs.
DJ75 how could club be annoyed with him enjoying his time off water skiing I assume. Were they given instructions to avoid these types of things or is there more to it.

Yeh I'm not too sure on that. I heard the club was not happy, but then I heard there was a boat ramp involved, so one would think it was just bad luck getting in or out of a boat. Unless drinking was involved (which I think would be highly unlikely given what I know of Knight), I'm not sure how the club could be annoyed either - but that is what I heard.

Felt the same way about Rat last year. Keeping everything crossed he can now cash in on his first ever completed PS.

It's ***ing annoying as s**t hey. We've seen glimpses of what he can do already, and we all know his endurance running is already a huge strength.

But we all know just how important and full and un-interupted preseason can be and what it can do, ESPECIALLY for those younger players that are on the brink of breaking out.

Fingers crossed he's not out for too long. However, it's a huuuuge opportunity for your mate Atkins to step into the 22 now (or at least in my eyes). I didn't have him in my original 22, but given Atkins improved endurance numbers this year and neat skills, I reckon he would be first cab off the rank to replace Knight (assuming players like Seedsman/Hampton are already in the 22).

Last edited:
It's ***ing annoying as s**t hey. We've seen glimpses of what he can do already, and we all know his endurance running is already a huge strength.

But we all know just how important and full and un-interupted preseason can be and what it can do, ESPECIALLY for those younger players that are on the brink of breaking out.

Fingers crossed he's not out for too long. However, it's a huuuuge opportunity for your mate Atkins to step into the 22 now (or at least in my eyes). I didn't have him in my original 22, but given Atkins improved endurance numbers this year and neat skills, I reckon he would be first cab off the rank to replace Knight (assuming players like Seedsman/Hampton are already in the 22).

I think thats a big assumption given the competition for spots, and Im not just referring to Rat.

All things being equal there's only about 5 spots there (six now with Knight in doubt), from our last side.

Lot of players vying for those spots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back