Workshop 2015 AFL Jumper Ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay if it is true that Richmond can't wear their inverse due to the WAFL then Richmond should adopt three jumpers, Home, yellow jumper, and white jumper.
I wouldn't be happy with a white jumper at all if I was Richmond but if it needs to be worn make sure it is interstate. That being said Richmond do need to wear a proper clash against the likes of Essendon, Carlton, and yes even Collingwood so long as they persist with their black back. So instead of coming up with something cartoonish, make a traditional style yellow and black jumper and dont change it every few years, clash jumpers can actually add to a clubs identity if they pick a jumper and stick with it. I've chosen Richmond's hooped jumper from around federation, it solves the clash* and is unmistakeably Richmond.

Yellow Clash: Carlton, Collingwood, Essedon, Fremantle, Melbourne, Port, St Kilda...basically any club with a dark back.
White Clash: Adelaide and West Coast.
View attachment 77269

Essendon and Richmond to wear this white style jumper, obviously Essendon with red.

And that was WCE saying that, or WCE saying that's what the AFL said, or the AFL saying that?

When we questioned the club about it they stated the fact that the AFL only permits two special jumpers a year and that the two previously mentioned were our two. We questioned the club further about how other clubs had therefore exceeded this 2 jumper cap and so why couldn't we, I don't think we got a reply on that.

So to answer your question it was WC saying that, claiming it was the AFL's policy.

Clarify?
Were WCE denied a special jumper at some other point because they wore the Indigenous Round top?
thanks for the clarification Bryce...
Here we go... on the WCE thread
Response from Gary.
On the matter of returning the wings to our home jumper, there is some activity around that. When you get your September edition of the Eagle Eye you will see what I mean. Under AFL brand guidelines we can nominate two matches per season where we can wear special guernseys, we have worn the heritage (or yellow peril jumper that you refer to) on a couple of occasions and we have also worn a special jumper to commemorate the Dig Deep Day (supporting Cancer Council). This year we were also able to wear a jumper to mark the Indigenous Round.
Regards,

Here we go... on the WCE thread

That's the thing though, it clearly says "we can nominate" however the two jumper we wore this year that apparently counted weren't nominated but more forced on us by the AFL, so therefore we still had two jumpers to potentially nominate.

Couldn't find the 2015 Jumpers thread, so please move this if required. But Hawks 2015 jumper is shown on the Hawks Nest page. The Luke Hodge 250 tribute jumper is on the 2015 Home jumper. Looks like Adidas have change the collar, got rid on the little lines on the side, more prominent stitching across the bottom.

My screen shot was too small. But says in the text that it's on the 2015 jumper.

dm2rtc.png

Last edited:
Couldn't find the 2015 Jumpers thread, so please move this if required. But Hawks 2015 jumper is shown on the Hawks Nest page. The Luke Hodge 250 tribute jumper is on the 2015 Home jumper. Looks like Adidas have change the collar, got rid on the little lines on the side, more prominent stitching across the bottom.

My screen shot was too small. But says in the text that it's on the 2015 jumper.

dm2rtc.png
That collar is hideous.

dm2rtc.png
201809_Hodge_250_guernsey.jpg

My thoughts on Footscray.
Dogs2015.gif

Go with BLK, not KooGa.
Basically the only changes are to go with the Red Collar and Cuffs, which is the traditional look of the thin hoop jumper.
I'd also drop the FFC nonsense above the numbers, move them up and out of the Red hoop.

Dogs2015.gif

Go with BLK, not KooGa.
Basically the only changes are to go with the Red Collar and Cuffs, which is the traditional look of the thin hoop jumper.
I'd also drop the FFC nonsense above the numbers, move them up and out of the Red hoop.
The red collar and cuffs improve it, I didn't think it would.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always like the idea of white. Would only look almost as good as that tho.

Dogs2015.gif

Go with BLK, not KooGa.
Red collar and cuffs are fantastic, the only thing missing is the 60s collar to top off the look :)

Adidas hasn't gotten anything right in years.

Footscray Heritage Clash jumper, based on the club's first Red White and Blue jumpers.

Dogs2015C.gif
Mero, any chance you could mock this up so that the red and blue stripes are half their thickness, so that one white stripe is the same height as both the red and blue stripes together?

Mero, any chance you could mock this up so that the red and blue stripes are half their thickness, so that one white stripe is the same height as both the red and blue stripes together?
I could, but then that would be different from the jumper I was referencing with this concept.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back