2015 General Discussion/Help

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I gave up C awhile ago.....all that pointer s**t gave me the runs.....IT architect roles is where the dollars are at now.....still I would rather come 2nd in a weekly SC comp....would feel I have achieved something with my life then ;)
Are you a systems engineer/analyst?

In C++ the equality operator would do a string comparison, in C all that would do is compare the memory addresses of the variable with the string literal which would invariably fail 100% of the time, thus no Cotchin bonus score. I doubt he would have used a character array in a C++ program to begin with.
You're assuming he's quoting C code. I'm assuming he's quoting C++ code.

Given my assumption, the code is fine.

You're assuming he's quoting C code. I'm assuming he's quoting C++ code.

Given my assumption, the code is fine.
Why would anyone coding in C++ use strcmp or char arrays generally? The only reason I can think of would be for embedded systems or for real time OSes where dynamic memory allocation is illegal/disabled thus the default stl allocators which use the free store can't be used. If that's the case, you would either write your own memory allocator (probably some stack based thing) and explicitly use that with your stl containers or write your own string class which encapsulates all of your string algorithms in shiny C++ operator overloads.

Why would anyone coding in C++ use strcmp or char arrays generally? The only reason I can think of would be for embedded systems or for real time OSes where dynamic memory allocation is illegal/disabled thus the default stl allocator can't be used. If that's the case, you would either write your own memory allocator (probably some stack based thing) and explicitly use that with your stl containers or write your own string class which encapsulates all of your string algorithms in shiny C++ operator overloads.
Depends if you wanted to write code efficiently, or just write something quick, easy and ugly that works.

I find the majority of coders take the latter approach. It's very rare that I come across code where I sit back and admire the way it's written.

Very nice.

I have a masters in electrical engineering but I just code these days due to the project I'm working on and the amount they pay me :)
I code in my "spare" time as a bit of a hobby for some organisations I volunteer for.

That being said, I did write the entire support system at work in my downtime; but that was more PHP and SQL which is probably scripting more than proper coding :)

Hopefully I'm not announcing something I shouldn't, but Sunny_ has decided to move to the US of A and is moving on.

On behalf of all the Supercoach tragics here, I wanted to thank her for all her insight over the years. She was often tagged whenever we had questions on GC players, particularly in their formative years and always provided some great inside information and insight on players that were largely unknown to everyone.

All the best with everything Sunny_ and hopefully we'll still see you around these parts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully I'm not announcing something I shouldn't, but Sunny_ has decided to move to the US of A and is moving on.

On behalf of all the Supercoach tragics here, I wanted to thank her for all her insight over the years. She was often tagged whenever we had questions on GC players, particularly in their formative years and always provided some great inside information and insight on players that were largely unknown to everyone.

All the best with everything Sunny_ and hopefully we'll still see you around these parts.

Thanks for all the contributions Sunny_ - all the best.

Does anyone know what the story was last week with the projections during the round in super coach gold? They were incorrect throughout the round.

i.e after 7 games I had say 2000 points but projections were at 1900? Last year they were calculating correctly...very annoying

Does anyone know what the story was last week with the projections during the round in super coach gold? They were incorrect throughout the round.

i.e after 7 games I had say 2000 points but projections were at 1900? Last year they were calculating correctly...very annoying
Same problem last year IIRC.

Quick question to anyone that knows...
If I have the Emergency on two different players on my midfield bench and then one of my starting midfielders does not play, which emergency player's score is used?
Is it the highest scoring? The first to play? Really interested to know how this works.

Lowest score
If I have the Emergency on two different players on my midfield bench and then one of my starting midfielders does not play, which emergency player's score is used?
Is it the highest scoring? The first to play? Really interested to know how this works.

Lowest scoring playing emergency

C++ sounds to hard. Just use visual basic

Inb4 hate messages

With SC Gold, how do you find the more in depth trade stats for the week (Most popular trades etc.)?

All I can see is 'Most traded in - not in my team' and 'most traded out - in my team'

Quick question re: emergencies. If I have two emergencies on one line, (ie- Emg: Miller and Krak in the mids) does SC count the higher of the two scores?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back