2015 Ladder predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

No offense taken at all. Everyone has the right their opinion. I did however laugh at your 6th and 7th predictions.

Collingwood at 6 could be reaching. They still have a lot of good players though and could do some damage. As for Richmond, I don't think anyone can predict them with any real certainty, could finish top 4 or bottom 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Hawthorn - strengthened their spine, haven't lost any major players
2. Sydney - too much quality to not finish high
3. Port - Saw a gap in their list and fixed it. As long as everyone stays healthy, this is a top four team.
4. Fremantle - Enough talent to make the top four, enough talent to make the grand final? Not sure.
5. Gold Coast - Will improve, they rely heavily on Ablett still, but the rest is good enough to see them rise.
6. North - Don't know to be honest. I think their recruits wont do much but the rest will be good enough.
7. Geelong - I'm starting to see cracks in their team.
8. Essendon - To be fair I'm guessing where Essendon end up. They could be saladad and finish last, they could not and finish 4th, they could suffer injuries and finish 13th. They could be hit with a wet lettuce and end up finishing 9th. Take this (and every Essendon prediction) with a grain of salt.
9. Richmond - The good parts of Richmond are there, but the bad parts are too.
10. Brisbane - Good trade period, but their forwardline is rubbish. Green is the only player on their list who kicked 20 goals or more last season. Their backline will suffer without Patful too. Will be good in the middle, but average elsewhere.
11. Adelaide - A lot of talent, but new coach will take time to make things click.
12. Carlton - I like Carlton's trade period, but the blues wont kick enough goals to make the eight, purely because they don't have that many forwards. Waite is on the wrong side of 30, but he was Carlton's lead goal scorer in 2014 and Carlton don't have much more than Menzel and Henderson up forward.
13. Collingwood - I like their trade period, the scrambled well, but it's a long term not short term prospect. Greenwood for Beams is a downgrade, Varcoe for Lumumba is similar. Problems with depth up forward and down back still exist. They had a lot of injuries which should balance itself out but the loss of Beams is going to hut.
14. Footscray - New coach, loss of captain who finished 3rd in the best and fairest, gain a young KPP. In the long term, it looks good, in the short term, it probably suggests they're not finals material.
15. West Coast - Finished 9th due to an easy fixture, haven't improved their list, and Cox's absense will hurt.
16. GWS - Assembled enough pieces to be able to finish 16th.
17. St Kilda - Slight improvement, but still too many holes.
18. Melbourne - See St Kilda.
Proof that he hasnt seen any WCE games.

1. Sydney
2. Hawthorn
3. Fremantle
4. Port
5. Adelaide
6. Geelong
7. Richmond
8. Suns

9. North
10. Brisbane
11. Essendon
12. Collingwood
13. GWS
14. West Coast
15. Carlton
16. Bulldogs
17. St Kilda
18. Melbourne

1. Coca-Cola Amatil
2. Poos and Wees
3. 119 Tarps
4. The Hoes (who are old, and heave)
5. Bikie's Paradise
6. The Pussies
7. Toyota Camrys
8. The Norfern Irrelevant

9. Ninthmond
10. Flat-track Eagles
11. The Paddle Pops
12. The Islamic State of Ingleburn and Lakemba
13. Centrelink
14. Carltank
15. The Western Irrelevant
16. The Kingdom of those who are gifted (but not developed)
17. The Cutlery Drawer
18. Essendope

Am I doing this right?

Last edited:
Pretty pointless trying to do this so far out. Having said that, going by complete gut feeling post-trades:

Port
Sydney
Hawthorn
Freo
Gold Coast
Geelong
Richmond
North

Brisbane
Adelaide
West Coast
Collingwood
Essendon**
GWS
Melbourne
Carlton
Saints
Bulldogs
Essendon**

**Essendon could be either one.

Obviously the fixture hasn't been finalised, but because I'm craving something football related, I'll entertain the exercise.

1. Port Adelaide
2. Hawthorn
3. Sydney
4. Fremantle
5. North Melbourne
6. Geelong
7. West Coast
8. Richmond
-------------------------
9. Gold Coast
10. Collingwood
11. Essendon
12. Adelaide
13. Brisbane Lions
14. Carlton
15. Western Bulldogs
16. St.Kilda
17. Melbourne
18. GWS

I think any team from 5-12 is capable of a top 8 finish. I think the top 4 are clear cut above the rest, then the middle bulk are all capable of making it, then the rest.

Coleman: I'll say Hawkins as a bit of a left field suggestion even though he's always around the mark.

Brownlow: I'll be a sheep and say Gary. He wouldn't have won it in 2014 if he didn't get injured against us. Also, a little part of me would love to see him win a 3rd and go down in history as only the 5th player to do so.

Rising Star: I'll be bias and say Nathan Freeman because I really hope he has beaten his hamstring injury and has a big pre-season and takes the game by storm.

1. Hawthorn
  2. Port
  3. Freo
  4. Swans
  5. North
  6. Tigers
  7. Adelaide
  8. Geelong
  9. WCE
  10. Essendon
  11. Gold Coast
  12. GWS