2015 Membership discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you for your attention, reply and joke restraint, Morgs_.

It'd be great if other members of the family who are not the "main" member (all of whose names they gather) got their own name on their membership card. It's not like they pay less.
Not sure how you went about ordering, or what you filled out/how. My membership is seperate to the rest of the family, but last year my wife and daughters were on a family membership. This year the youngest doesn't qualify as a child, so the eldest has her own (adult) membership and wife and youngest renewed as adult and youth. It was only this year that I noticed that last year's family membership and this year's youth and adult membership share a membership number. They have all had their own names on their cards both years though.
With the family membership last year (2 kids,m 2 adults), my wife and eldest were the adults and youngest a child (obviously) and this left a child name/card spare. That second child membership had the name "Milo" on it, our dog. I'm surprised in ordering 2 adult memberships, you weren't asked to put a name to them (the second one at least).

Not sure how you went about ordering, or what you filled out/how. My membership is seperate to the rest of the family, but last year my wife and daughters were on a family membership. This year the youngest doesn't qualify as a child, so the eldest has her own (adult) membership and wife and youngest renewed as adult and youth. It was only this year that I noticed that last year's family membership and this year's youth and adult membership share a membership number. They have all had their own names on their cards both years though.
With the family membership last year (2 kids,m 2 adults), my wife and eldest were the adults and youngest a child (obviously) and this left a child name/card spare. That second child membership had the name "Milo" on it, our dog. I'm surprised in ordering 2 adult memberships, you weren't asked to put a name to them (the second one at least).

That's the thing - they know Lix's name, and they addressed the email to her (Dear Lix) even though it came to my email address.

It's just two adult memberships ... this happens every time and I thought maybe they'd sort it out one of these years.

I might become one of these people who calls up the membership department, I think.

That's the thing - they know Lix's name, and they addressed the email to her (Dear Lix) even though it came to my email address.

It's just two adult memberships ... this happens every time and I thought maybe they'd sort it out one of these years.

I might become one of these people who calls up the membership department, I think.
Just get one of these;
thanksgiving-retro-embossed-label-maker-placecards_2.jpg

I know her name's not Karin.
C'mon, you got one serious answer out of me.

Out of curiosity for anyone in the know, how many years is it of continuous membership before you qualify for silver then gold?
I've been a continuous member since 2007 and am still bronze, is it 10 years for silver?

Out of curiosity for anyone in the know, how many years is it of continuous membership before you qualify for silver then gold?
I've been a continuous member since 2007 and am still bronze, is it 10 years for silver?
I believe it's:
1-4 Bronze
5-9 Silver
10+ Gold

You should have been upgraded to silver several years ago.

Yeah, i haven't really been too concerned about it but i might give the club a call to see what the deal is there, cheers guys

Be silly not to. You're missing out on access to the silver members' rumpus room.

This MyLions thing is confusing and I'm a pretty tech savvy guy.

I received an email (to my address) to Lixy_ (do they just assume that I'm a conduit to her?) about her membership pack coming out.

Does the other person (partner/wife/husband etc) of a membership get to change their email address or are they all just on the same name?

Also, Lixy_ found it pretty offensive that she went to the Gabba for games last year with "James North" on her tag ... I think that kinda sucks myself.

Is this normal?

James North I can offer an answer - don't know if matches your experience or thoughts though....I seem to get membership-type emails addressed to my wife. We're a family that has signed up. I originally created the account in my name and I bought a family membership for myself, wife and kids. The emails regarding chairman's updates, special events and the like all seem to get addressed to me (as far as I can tell) but membership-related emails (thanks for becoming a member type things) seem to get addressed to my wife. My guess is either this a simple mail-merge type error where they've chosen a different (wrong) field for these emails for some reason or don't have the smarts to address them to "[surname] family" where appropriate, or its a deliberate thing where they're addressing it to the '2nd' member for some politically correct reason.
I could add that if I had taken the job of IT Manager at the Lions in 2002 when it was offered then this would not be happening but I have a feeling my job would have been long since made redundant and moved to AFL House by now. In any case there was no way I could feed my family on 36k a year. Although, I found out on Open Mike that Martin Pike wasn't getting paid much more than that as a base at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got my membership packs today.

They addressed it to The (Lix's surname) Family.

They spelt her surname wrong and it's also wrong on her membership card/ticket thing.

How hard is this to get right? All I ever do every year is buy two memberships - how do they even know we're a family?

Got my membership packs today.

They addressed it to The (Lix's surname) Family.

They spelt her surname wrong and it's also wrong on her membership card/ticket thing.

How hard is this to get right? All I ever do every year is buy two memberships - how do they even know we're a family?
Unlike Schwabby, they follow you on twitter.:cool:

Speaking of Names: My humorous membership story. (By Matt, aged 39 and 9/4)

I have a wife and a daughter. I know i have mentioned this before, but i suspect that some of you may not have been paying attention, so I'll say it again, a wife and a daughter.

A few years ago, when signing up it became apparent that a family membership (Two adults and two children) was the same price as two adults and one child, and being both a cheapskate and decidedly clever, i figured we should get the family membership and my daughter could bring along a friend to games if she chose. Inspired I telephoned the membership department.

"Hi," I said "I would like to sort out my brisbane lIons membership for 2012" (For it was indeed that very year).

"Why certainly my good man" (or words to that effect)

"Cool", I said "Now I'm after a family membership, two adults and two children, but before we go too much further, I want to come clean, I only have one child but as a family membership (Two adults and two children) is the same price as two adults and one child, and being both a cheapskate and decidedly clever, i figured we should get the family membership and my daughter can bring along a friend to games."

"Thats a great idea, no problem at all"

"Great"

"So what Names do we need for those."

"Well the principal member will be me, Matt, the other adult will be H....... and the child membership will be B....."

"great and the name of the second child?"

I Paused, taken aback. "Well there is no other child... i just..."

"I know but we need a name"

I thought quickly, panic rising, before remembering that my daughter had once created a little brother on her Nintendo Wii. "Oh, um, Cole, put that down for Cole"

"Thats great love" (I am pretty sure I was called love at this point) "and what are the dates of birth for those members."

I gave my date of birth, my wife's date of birth, my daughters date of birth.

"And what is Cole's date of birth?" she asked

Again, i was taken aback. "Um, there is no Cole, he doesn't really..."

"We need a date of birth for the membership."

"Oh," I said "um, 17th March 2003"

"Oh a St Patrick's day baby"

"Yes, like his grandfather."

"And what players would you like on the cards?"

"I will have Daniel Rich, H.... will have Simon black, and B.... will have Dayne Zorko" I knew what was coming?

"And Cole?"

"Cole will have Reddo, he's a big Jack Redden Fan"

Fast forward to 11 March 2013, and Cole (bless his pink rosy, imaginary cheeks) recieved his birthday card from Browny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back