2015 Membership discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It's got to help that channels 2, 7 & 9 all had a short D.Beams focused report on the sport segment (not at the very end either). Didn't see the others just went surfing. Other's mentioned were Rich, Taylor & Leuenberger.

I think 25k has to be the target. It is a fair target based on previous years and the excitement of flashy new recruits. Could very well go past 25k, but i think you set that as a very reachable target.

If we win the home games in April (vs Collingwood and WCE) and the Q-Clash on May 2nd, I think 27-28K is likely :cool:

It's got to help that channels 2, 7 & 9 all had a short D.Beams focused report on the sport segment (not at the very end either). Didn't see the others just went surfing. Other's mentioned were Rich, Taylor & Leuenberger.

And 10. I was real happy at the exposure we got for a practice match.

Received a letter today from the Lions.

"Member access to this part of the section is now through a licensed corporate function room. Your membership is not entitled entry to the function but we will have ushers available at the game for assistance."

"...new seats have also been installed in the area - black high-back, leather, with cup holders."

I'm moving up in the world ladies and gentlemen.

HaHa. I encounter cup holders in 2 places of my daily life. The ones in my car are just a moulded hole in the centre console. Too shallow, and a gap between the 2 cup spaces. Anything other than a short fat cup just falls over when braking. The other is in my lounge suite. They'll take a glass or drink can, but nothing with a stubby cooler on it. Have to use a sturdy coaster to cover the hole to put my beer there.
"...new seats have also been installed in the area - black high-back, leather, with cup holders."

We expect you to report back with a photo and review after round 1, I suspect you'll be disappointed.:p
The seat sounds ******* awesome though.

Received a letter today from the Lions.

"Member access to this part of the section is now through a licensed corporate function room. Your membership is not entitled entry to the function but we will have ushers available at the game for assistance."

Where are your seats?? Sounds great!!

HaHa. I encounter cup holders in 2 places of my daily life. The ones in my car are just a moulded hole in the centre console. Too shallow, and a gap between the 2 cup spaces. Anything other than a short fat cup just falls over when braking. .
Stop driving like a boy racer. You're senile you should be driving... a peugeot...on the footpath.

You dont happen to own a blue Subaru with personalised plates do you?

Stop driving like a boy racer. You're senile you should be driving... a peugeot...on the footpath.

You dont happen to own a blue Subaru with personalised plates do you?
Haha, no, mine's a company car (station wagon) and if you've ever driven the Gateway at peak hours, you know that brakes get a great workout.;)

Haha, no, mine's a company car (station wagon) and if you've ever driven the Gateway at peak hours, you know that brakes get a great workout.;)
I ride a pushbike, keeps the fat off and stops me going apoplectic in the traffic, plus I can go as fast as I want to/can. Cannot stand driving in traffic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't live without my cup holders... They gonna get a workout tomorrow driving to Coffs!! :)

I think you're jealous!

giphy.gif

Where are your seats?? Sounds great!!

Section 5. So idk what the deal will be in seasons to come. Whether the price will be increased for the seats or we'll have to move sections altogether.

s5 is an awesome place to watch from!!

HaHa. I encounter cup holders in 2 places of my daily life. The ones in my car are just a moulded hole in the centre console. Too shallow, and a gap between the 2 cup spaces. Anything other than a short fat cup just falls over when braking. The other is in my lounge suite. They'll take a glass or drink can, but nothing with a stubby cooler on it. Have to use a sturdy coaster to cover the hole to put my beer there.

We expect you to report back with a photo and review after round 1, I suspect you'll be disappointed.:p
The seat sounds ******* awesome though.

Never heard of hole saws?

As a follow up to the letter I received the other day.

Got a call from the Lions today to say as of season 2016 the seats in section 5 will no longer be available. They're all for corporate owners/guests now and were put in for the cricket world cup.

Sad face.

As a follow up to the letter I received the other day.

Got a call from the Lions today to say as of season 2016 the seats in section 5 will no longer be available. They're all for corporate owners/guests now and were put in for the cricket world cup.

Sad face.

Well that's a bit s**t. Membership sections feel a bit like family after a while... breaking up people who have sat in the vicinity of each other for years is shite.

Its another reason i dont want to change seats, we have a decent group around us.. accept for that one random lady who kept death riding Martin of all players. Dominates the rucks, then cops abuse from this lady because he kept touching his hair. Was laughing at one point where she yelled out for him to focus on the ball and not his hair. He had like the 3rd most disposals on the ground at that time.

Well that's a bit s**t. Membership sections feel a bit like family after a while... breaking up people who have sat in the vicinity of each other for years is shite.

Yeah it is! Will spend this season scoping out different sections to see where might be the best fit.

Looks like you bought your ticket, new tally is 20,013.
That has got to be very positive for this time of year, so how does it compare to previous years, big step up from last year.

We had 19,253 members on 4/3/2014, so we are now 760 ahead of last year, an increase of 3.9%. That puts us on track for 25,000 members.

However, given last year's round 1 started a couple of weeks earlier than it does this year, we are probably tracking better than the above figures suggest. I think 26,000 should still be the goal.

We had 19,253 members on 4/3/2014, so we are now 760 ahead of last year, an increase of 3.9%. That puts us on track for 25,000 members.

However, given last year's round 1 started a couple of weeks earlier than it does this year, we are probably tracking better than the above figures suggest. I think 26,000 should still be the goal.
Thanks for the stats , lets hope we continue with another spike and get that 25,000 for rd1.

An associate in crime (ie Collingwood supporter) had to accept one of the apparently very few remaining GA tickets to Round 1 up in the nose bleed section.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back