Official Club Stuff 2015 Membership Tally - Final Tally - *47305

Remove this Banner Ad

Historically we have been a big club, but we are hitting a generation without success now. That may mean more to membership numbers ( If you could do an age graph) than anything.

Numbers will be close to last years but get 3 or 4 early wins and people will jump on..... sadly.

Exactly.... Precise point there Styxx. Carlton has not had success since 1995. This impacts on Carlton's membership and in the end the AFL's revenue. The AFL should be assisting Carlton financially in its membership campaigns and providing assistance on how to promote membership growth. It does for other clubs- why not Carlton?

So with that as the backdrop - at present Carlton

a) is not getting the extra funding that clubs such as North Melbourne, Melbourne, Brisbane and Port get.

What is the solution?

a) the AFL gives Carlton 3 million in 2015 (for starters) extra to match the "commitment" they have given North Melbourne.

Carlton can then invest $500,000 of that 3 million they get from the AFL lets say in advertising campaigns or in community events that encourage Carlton membership. The other 2.5 million can go towards paying down the debt.

Last edited:
Historically we have been a big club, but we are hitting a generation without success now. That may mean more to membership numbers ( If you could do an age graph) than anything.

Numbers will be close to last years but get 3 or 4 early wins and people will jump on..... sadly.

Nothing sad about it imo. 0-3 or 1-4 start to the season and "here we go again" starts being the fan motto.

Put it back onto the team; Richmond, West Coast (at a ground we normally do very well on), Essendon and St. Kilda in the first 4 rounds and hardly any of those are going to be world beaters this season. Get the wins and the fans will come.

im a little disappointed...thought we'd be around the 33k - 35k mark...
to only increase by just over 1000 in a two week period troubles me....or is it a case of what the membership department has processed since being back from holidays?
we're going to need to have a fantastic start to the year (both pre-season and early round games) to kick the 50k mark.

I'm sure the figures are around. What happened after 95? 99? We certainly weren't in the mire back then that we have been for the past 15 years like now but it might be marginally interesting to see any growth as a result of premierships/GFs.

I'm sure the figures are around. What happened after 95? 99? We certainly weren't in the mire back then that we have been for the past 15 years like now but it might be marginally interesting to see any growth as a result of premierships/GFs.
A spike of almost 5k after 1995 (up from 18k to 23K) & 2k after 1999.

Looking through our membership figures over a period of time, excluding the phenomenal season of 1995, there is nothing to suggest our supporters have jumped on board in significantly greater numbers during periods of success.

Premierships are the best way to get memberships up, unfortunately we have had a very long period behind us that lacks success. Makes it tough to get the member numbers up.

We're just not good at converting supporters into members - never have been.
With the supporter base we have, we should consistently be getting over 60k members each and every year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're just not good at converting supporters into members - never have been.
With the supporter base we have, we should consistently be getting over 60k members each and every year.

this is what concerns me...we (supporters) cant do much about what happens on the field...but we do have some way of making things happen of it. in return the club has to play its part as well in terms of marketing itself and the value of what comes with membership/support.
i dont live in melbourne so difficult for me to see exactly what is goin on down there...but i still see plenty of advertising on tv and in some print and online from other clubs pushing memberships...i never see anything from carlton....why??? (i dont expect anyone on here to be able to answer this - but someone needs to be taken to task on this).

Really disappointed in our membership numbers this year. We are miles behind other clubs.

If people haven't bought a membership yet and think that they will get to 3 or so games this year, do yourself and the club a huge favour!

FYI

2015members19012015.png

Supporters like seeing us beat Collingwood, Essendon and Richmond. We didn't do it once in 2014 and on top of that we lost against Melbourne, GWS, Brisbane.

On this forum we are up to date with list management and club direction but many older members would've turned their back after last season and you couldn't really blame them. We have expensive membership packages on top of that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back