2015 SC / Player Watch..

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could anyone give me an overview for how a player like Pat Cripps would be priced to next year? From what I've heard the prices are set using more than just the previous years data. So, in regards to Cripps who had a premium on his price for being taken higher in the draft, will that come in to play for his price next year? I'm also curious about the likes of Hogan, Freeman etc who are yet to play an AFL game.

Also, Lids looking more and more like getting M/F next year, has played something like 63% game time in the forward half since round 10 onwards...

Could anyone give me an overview for how a player like Pat Cripps would be priced to next year? From what I've heard the prices are set using more than just the previous years data. So, in regards to Cripps who had a premium on his price for being taken higher in the draft, will that come in to play for his price next year? I'm also curious about the likes of Hogan, Freeman etc who are yet to play an AFL game.

Also, Lids looking more and more like getting M/F next year, has played something like 63% game time in the forward half since round 10 onwards...

I think the magic number this year was around $5,400 per SC point average. average of 100 = a $540,000 buy next year

I could be wrong

then there is games played and ratios of reductions or allowances for minimal games played or returning from injury

As for DPP eligibility - seems to change every year based on trying to get more people playing the game, Lids would certainly be up for consideration. What %s has Dusty been? from the limited times i watch the tiges he seems primarily a mid / half back almost

I think the magic number this year was around $5,400 per SC point average. average of 100 = a $540,000 buy next year

I could be wrong

then there is games played and ratios of reductions or allowances for minimal games played or returning from injury

As for DPP eligibility - seems to change every year based on trying to get more people playing the game, Lids would certainly be up for consideration. What %s has Dusty been? from the limited times i watch the tiges he seems primarily a mid / half back almost

Dusty will be MID/FWD again no doubt. Probably spends more time forward than anywhere else.

dont know if ill start with dangerfield next year.
2nd year in a row slow start.
swan mid/fwd lock before danger

Last edited:
I heard something on the radio the other week that Carlton were desperate to get Tom Mitchell for next year but were shocked to find out that he's currently on 600k a year at the Swans. Has a lot of potential, but don't think any team would come close to even matching that kind of money for him at this stage of his career. Absurd that there is a club that is able to pay a 18 game player that kind of money, within the AFL rules.:drunk:

He's not on 600k a year. He signed a $1.5m 4 year deal (~$375k a year)

I could be wrong

Yeah, I recall it being around 5250 per point.

I'm aware of most of the discounts for injury and lack of games played and what not, more curious about if the premium carries over, I'm guessing it doesn't. Does that mean Hogan will be around the 122k mark next year?

Having KJack and Lids as my starting F1 and 2 would be glorious. Not sure on Dusty's exact times with him being thrown all round the place throughout the year, but I can't imagine he won't warrant some form of DPP.

Delideo has only cracked the tone 7 times.
High score of 136. Considering he cops the tag most weeks.... Will get him a fair bit cheaper later in the season. Upgrade target for mine.

High score of 136. Considering he cops the tag most weeks.... Will get him a fair bit cheaper later in the season. Upgrade target for mine.
Maybe start with one of dusty or Lids and upgrade to the other pending other forward dpp players.

Hasn't been a great year for him but he is averaging close to 100. If he gets DPP again he is better than most in the FWD line. He doesn't cop a tag most weeks, I'd say some weeks. Cotch gets it most weeks.

He's not on 600k a year. He signed a $1.5m 4 year deal (~$375k a year)

His contract must be heavily front ended then, because he's being paid 600k this year.

410k+ per year (COLA included) for an 18 game veteran is still an obscene amount to pay based on what he has produced thus far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought about the tag going to Lids today, but if he continues with his current role I don't seeing it hurting his scores as much as it has in the past. I guess it really comes down to what the draw ends up looking like anyway and how the byes are handled.

Thought about the tag going to Lids today, but if he continues with his current role I don't seeing it hurting his scores as much as it has in the past. I guess it really comes down to what the draw ends up looking like anyway and how the byes are handled.

If when tiges lose this week and cant make finals. ..lids may go quiet

This isn't exactly the same as what you're asking, but I know there's a bit of discretion used in discounting for certain players - I think the example I heard was Suckling, who was discounted by I think 30% instead of 50%, basically just because his value was too irresistible, being a great player at something like $225k. You could see something similar with partial discounts on high draft picks - just speculating though.

This has been Priddis breakout year in SC cant remember him av115 before this season.
114 in 2011, followed by 110 in 2012 and 101 in 2013. Not saying he'll be a bad pick, but it's unlikely you'll get value out of him (would have to jump to super-premo status) and he'll need to at least maintain scoring from this year. Has been super consistent this year though. Anyway, haven't really seen much of him actually playing, so go crazy Broar :).

Ryan O'Keefe if picked up by a GWS or someone could be a very nice price for what he can produce (acknowledging his age of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back