2015 SC / Player Watch..

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's very awkwardly priced though. What position would you pick him in?

As a forward, yeah is price is a bit of a turn off. I had the same feeling about Macrae last year but chose against it in the end.

If he rips up the NAB Challenge games I definitely go with him.

Hogan may take a while to warm up but I think it would be better to be safe than sorry. He's pretty much a lock.
Drugs. You're on some good ones.

The established KPFs were an epic fail this year, and you want to lock in a rookie playing forward for the worst team of the last decade??

Toumpas should be in everyone's strong consideration pile for 2015. Without exaggerating, he has been the standout in pre-season thus far. Is looking super sharp and super fit for the first time, with the newly shaved head to boot. At his price, he'll be in my side.
LOL. Really?

It's that time of the year again where Melbourne supporters are full of optimism and believe they have an awesome team about to cut loose and tear the competition to bits. Bookmark this page and revisit at Round 8, if they last that long.

The established KPFs were an epic fail this year, and you want to lock in a rookie playing forward for the worst team of the last decade??

LOL. Really?

It's that time of the year again where Melbourne supporters are full of optimism and believe they have an awesome team about to cut loose and tear the competition to bits. Bookmark this page and revisit at Round 8, if they last that long.
Who's rookie priced....

Find me a better forward option at that price. All I want is games, and he should get plenty IMO.

LOL. Really?

Groan. The self hating MFC supporter. Such a joy.

Disregard if you like. It's not blind optimism. It's my opinion that Toump will be a big improver. He is running alot more freely which will enable him to get to more contests and accumulate more of the ball. I could be wrong. Amazingly, it's been known to happen. However I've been to training and it is my observations upon which I base my assessment. Have you?

Feel free not to put Hogan in your side either. He'll be in mine, assuming he isn't overpriced. He will play every week. It's not rocket science.

It's simply my opinion. Like arsheoles, we've all got em. Some wear em on their heads.

Groan. The self hating MFC supporter. Such a joy.
Not at all. Just realistic.

I have no doubt Hogan will be a star and Toumpas will be a handy player. That won't make them SC relevant in 2015; IMO.

Who's rookie priced....

Find me a better forward option at that price. All I want is games, and he should get plenty IMO.
Pretty hard to do when prices/positions haven't been released yet :)

Not at all. Just realistic.

I have no doubt Hogan will be a star and Toumpas will be a handy player. That won't make them SC relevant in 2015; IMO.
I enjoyed the part where you explained your reasoning and weren't a rude little git.

I'll continue to pay no attention to your opinion.

I enjoyed the part where you explained your reasoning and weren't a rude little git.

I'll continue to pay no attention to your opinion.
LOL. Name calling? Really?

Sounds good anyway, I'll look forward to our head to head in the BF Tragics SC League.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One established player I'll keep my eye on early is Luke Dalhaus. If he looks like playing a lot of midfield this year then he'll just about be a lock in my forward line. Ditto Harley Bennell if his rubber band hamstrings can hold together.
I had him this season and he went reasonably well, improved on his 2013 average, although poor kicking for goal (17.23 :$) let him down. If he brushes up on that, he could be good value in 2015. But apparently he prefers playing forward over midfield.

One established player I'll keep my eye on early is Luke Dalhaus. If he looks like playing a lot of midfield this year then he'll just about be a lock in my forward line. Ditto Harley Bennell if his rubber band hamstrings can hold together.

Hard to say where he'll be this year. You'd think there's minutes there for him with Griffen and Cooney going but Hrovat, Jong, Wallis, Stevens and Johannisen will all be pushing for those midfield spots, with Clay Smith also doing so from mid-yearish. I'd think Dahlhaus will spend 95% of his time up forward.

Dahl should play more forward under the new coach, he's much better there compared to the midfield.

Based on AFL Fantasy I know, but positions are same SC & AF-

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-12-12/fantasy-positions-revealed

Fantasy prices are coming: Swan and Goddard dual-position studs

Swan has become a dual-position player for the 2015 Fantasy season, moving to MID/FWD after a storied Fantasy career spent purely as a midfielder.

Notable premium players Brendon Goddard (now MID/FWD) and Brett Deledio (MID/FWD) are likely to feature in plenty of Fantasy squads next year as they become dual-position options.

Other traditionally strong Fantasy scorers gaining a position next year include bullocking Roo Jack Ziebell (MID/FWD after a useful 18 goals in 2014), new Lion Allen Christensen (MID/FWD) and 2008 Brownlow medallist Adam Cooney (MID/FWD).

Swan has become a dual-position player for the 2015 Fantasy season, moving to MID/FWD after a storied Fantasy career spent purely as a midfielder.

Notable premium players Brendon Goddard (now MID/FWD) and Brett Deledio (MID/FWD) are likely to feature in plenty of Fantasy squads next year as they become dual-position options.

Other traditionally strong Fantasy scorers gaining a position next year include bullocking Roo Jack Ziebell (MID/FWD after a useful 18 goals in 2014), new Lion Allen Christensen (MID/FWD) and 2008 Brownlow medallist Adam Cooney (MID/FWD).

WOW. So many activities.

Goddard again becoming a lock if DPP status is true.

Goddard again becoming a lock if DPP status is true.

I didn't pay much attention since I never had him, but did Goddard really play much in the forward line last year? :confused:

I didn't pay much attention since I never had him, but did Goddard really play much in the forward line last year? :confused:

I think he often went to full forward instead of getting sent to the bench.
Think he had a couple of multiple goal games playing that role too.

Yeah he did quite a bit towards the end of the season. Though I'm quite surprised to see him be given DPP. A parting gift from Bomber!

Deledio and Goddard will be the first two picked in my forward line next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back